Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• .....Irish me boyo!....watching one that features your chunk of sod....."Haunted Ireland"...they were investigating Charleville Castle.....pretty solid series....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotaro
  • ....4 episodes into Season 2 of Loki on Disney +.....mind-blowingly trippy "time" concepts....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....4 episodes into Season 2 of Loki on Disney +.....mind-blowingly trippy "time" concepts....
    I’m hoping to see this soon. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I'm watching ANNIKA on PBS (season one is also Prime but PBS has a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff). Nicola Walker is a single mom DCI (born in Norway) with Glasgow's new Marine Homicide Unit. She is smart and literary, often breaks the fourth wall, dealing with a teenager. Each episode is a standalone crime and there are literary inspirations from Ibsen to Moby Dick to Shakespeare. Occasionally funny, too, in a droll way. Lots of puns. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'm watching ANNIKA on PBS (season one is also Prime but PBS has a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff). Nicola Walker is a single mom DCI (born in Norway) with Glasgow's new Marine Homicide Unit. She is smart and literary, often breaks the fourth wall, dealing with a teenager. Each episode is a standalone crime and there are literary inspirations from Ibsen to Moby Dick to Shakespeare. Occasionally funny, too, in a droll way. Lots of puns. 
    I loved Nicola Walker in River, Last Tango in Halifax and many more bbc/britbox shows
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • This one is interesting in that she talks to the audience quite often. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Bodies, British crime thriller with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. Really enjoyed it,  worth a watch.

Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Bodies, British crime thriller with a bit of sci-fi thrown in. Really enjoyed it,  worth a watch.

I’m 3 episodes in. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    Example of the droll humor - S02E01 features a stoned guppy.
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    Example of the droll humor - S02E01 features a stoned guppy.
    Had to be an edible, surely? The mind boggles
     😳 Poor fish.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • Okay, it said puppy originally. I’m sure it did. I think ?  Oh no. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurben
  • No, guppy. A fishbowl is found in a murder victim's home. A sympathetic police officer realizes it hasn't been fed for a few days and puts a dash of what he thinks is fish food into the bowl, then decides it might have been grass.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Okay, it said puppy originally. I’m sure it did. I think ?  Oh no. 
    Noooo... guppy from the beginning. From when I read it anyway, I'd gone back twice to check before replying. 😃
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • I swear i thought it said puppy! 🤣🤣🤣. That’s why i gave it a wtf.  But a guppy? Dude. I want to see that. Cowabunga!
    BevVincentKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I swear i thought it said puppy! 🤣🤣🤣. That’s why i gave it a wtf.  But a guppy? Dude. I want to see that. Cowabunga!
    Back awaaaaaay from the guppy! I just don't know what to do with you enablers of marine abuse. The youth of today!
     * snooty sniff and hair flick *
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....Irish me boyo!....watching one that features your chunk of sod....."Haunted Ireland"...they were investigating Charleville Castle.....pretty solid series....

Is this the episode Scott?

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2023
    I want a stoned puppy.  cat found me again.   :open_mouth:
    sang her name a few times, because you have to.   

I've always had dogs.   Now I want a stoned puppy.   or even a slightly drunk one

Kurben
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    .....Irish me boyo!....watching one that features your chunk of sod....."Haunted Ireland"...they were investigating Charleville Castle.....pretty solid series....

...no Irish....I dropped in a link here so you can watch what I've been watching old friend....

https://www.discoveryplus.com/show/haunted-ireland-us
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • We watched the first episode (of four) of All the Light We Cannot See on Netflix, based on the Pulitzer-prize winning novel. Nicely done so far.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Watched first episode of the new season of Shetland. The new DI is an interesting mix of strengths and weaknesses. The setup for the season is very well done too.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Looking forward to diving into that one. I'm a few episodes into S2 of Bosch: Legacy.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:

...no Irish....I dropped in a link here so you can watch what I've been watching old friend....

https://www.discoveryplus.com/show/haunted-ireland-us
    Thanks buddy, I'll check it out👍
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Looking forward to diving into that one. I'm a few episodes into S2 of Bosch: Legacy.
    I'm 2 episodes into Bosch Legacy and enjoying it. I've always loved the Maddie character, specifically their relationship. 
    It's taking me a little bit of getting used to her being in this role, it's hard to see them grow up.
    I miss J Edgar, I loved him. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Looking forward to diving into that one. I'm a few episodes into S2 of Bosch: Legacy.
    I'm 2 episodes into Bosch Legacy and enjoying it. I've always loved the Maddie character, specifically their relationship. 
    It's taking me a little bit of getting used to her being in this role, it's hard to see them grow up.
    I miss J Edgar, I loved him. 
    We're up to episode 10. You'll really love Maddie as the season progresses.

I'm halfway through House of Usher. It's well done but I already know this will be my least like Flanagan effort because there are no likeable main characters to root for.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Death and Other Details with Mandy Patinkin is coming to Hulu. I think he is a terrific actor and I always enjoy his performances. Excited for this. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir