Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    Today I finished season 2 of Good Omens.
    I truly love this show, so very Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
    David Tennant and Michael Sheen are incredible in these roles, magical. I can't get enough of them. 
    Now I really need a season 3, my tender heart is wounded. 🥹

I started watching this series when I dog/cat sat at the people’s house. I stopped because there was no way I was going to get through the seasons and that bummed me out.  

I get my kid a year of a streaming service for xmas. I let him choose. But this year, i think i’m going to choose. Prime, paramount and apple are in the running. 
    I've watched a lot on Prime. I'd love for you to get to see Good Omens. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Looks fantastic!  
    BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Hmm. I see no resemblance to Vincent’s Usher. 😂🤣😂.  

Looks very very intriguing. 

Criterion has the old one in the lineup. I think I’ll watch it to refresh my memory on absolutely nothing similar to this new one. 😂
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I found a couple of really good crime stories on AMC+/Sundance. The Light in the Hall is Welsh, about a man who is getting out of prison after 18 years for the murder of a 15-year-old girl (he was 18 at the time). He never denied killing her, but he can't or won't tell anyone where the body is. A journalist who was a friend of the victim returns to the village to write a story. 

The Cry stars Jenna Coleman from Doctor Who -- it's about a baby that goes missing. Only four episodes, but there are some great twists and Coleman is terrific.

Watched the first three episodes of The Changeling on Apple TV+, and I'm hooked. I hadn't read the book or even watched trailers for it. Moody and dark, a little leisurely, but also very creepy.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • Has anyone watched Wallander with Branagh? Thoughts? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Has anyone watched Wallander with Branagh? Thoughts? 
    Yes they are decent, of all the portrayals I prefer the Krister Henriksson adaptations but Branagh does a good job in the role.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • They made far too many!!!! I've read the books and just a few of them deserve a movie. Most of the movies are not based on the books anymore. Too me the ones i see just feel tired.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I am on season 3 episode 2 and all i can say so far, do not work with Kurt Wallander, do not be friends with him. Don’t be related to him or date him. 

Holy shit. This guy is serious bad luck. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I watched Three Pines over the weekend. It started slow but soon picked up. It touched me on a spiritual level, in a connection to the land and people kind of way. It was moving. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • Alas, Three Pines was not renewed. I enjoyed it, too.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Alas, Three Pines was not renewed. I enjoyed it, too.
    Oh that's disappointing, particularly after how it ended. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Watched The Pacific. I've seen its sibling series Band of Brothers which was quite good. I dont think The Pacific is as good while still being good. They are very similar but somehow i connected more with the characters in Band Of Brothers.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Pacific. I've seen its sibling series Band of Brothers which was quite good. I dont think The Pacific is as good while still being good. They are very similar but somehow i connected more with the characters in Band Of Brothers.
    I thought Band of Brothers was fantastic, didn't know about this other one. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Watched The Pacific. I've seen its sibling series Band of Brothers which was quite good. I dont think The Pacific is as good while still being good. They are very similar but somehow i connected more with the characters in Band Of Brothers.
    I thought Band of Brothers was fantastic, didn't know about this other one. 
    I found it on Netflix. I agree Bof B is great. This is well worth watching if you have access.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Breaking Bad.  First time.  Binge.  Oh my.  First time binge, can't stop
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • I hear ROSE RED is now on Hulu -- haven't seen that since it first aired.
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • Just finished Hijack with Idris Elba. Nifty, real time, nailbiter.

One episode left for the current seasons of Ahsoka and Only Murders in the Building. Totally different shows but enjoy each equally.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Hijack was great. We'll probably watch the finale of OMitB tonight.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Just finished Only Murders in the Building. I love this series. I would have totally paid to see that musical. 

And, they set us up nicely for a season 3!!!! Woohoo!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • They were just renewed for Season 4.
  • edited October 2023
    They were just renewed for Season 4.
    Dang! I meant 4. 

I saw here not too long ago that someone had written this really brutal piece on Martin Short not being funny and he was horrible (paraphrasing) in Only. 

I didn’t read the write-up or the follow-up comments myself but I will agree with the author that Martin Short’s humor is not funny to me. But this person couldn’t be any wronger, the wrongest of wrongs,  when they said he ruined Only.  Martin Short was born for this part. I love him in it. I cannot picture anyone else in the part. He is adorable and hilarious and perfect . 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Everyone who knows him ganged up on that hit-piece with stories about how great he is.
  • I hope one day that OMitB will be something I'm able to see. It sounds so good. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Watched the first two episodes of Special Ops: Lioness. Pretty intense spy thriller. Recommended.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurben