Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• New season of Only Murders in the Building. 2 episode drop!!!!! Woohoo! — hulu
    This too. Haven't found it on any of our platforms. 
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I'm enjoying Dark Winds on AMC+ -- based on Tony Hillerman's Leaphorn/Chee novels. Season 1 (6 episodes) is done and Season 2 is halfway out now.
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • I've recently finished seasons 3 and 4 (final) of Barry. Season 3, things turned really dark.
    Good crikey, I'm still processing it all. I wasn't really too wild about the last episode. 

Tonight I started Fisk. It's an Australian comedy.
    "A corporate lawyer must take a job at a suburban law firm after her life implodes in Sydney, and struggles to find her feet navigating grief, money, family, and entitlement."

GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Started Wisting on AMC+ -- Norwegian crime series that has Carrie Ann Moss as an FBI agent 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited August 2023
    Re-watching Yes Minister....

Absolutely superb show about the running of a government department........laugh out loud funny.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Re-watching Yes Minister....

Absolutely superb show about the running of a government department........laugh out loud funny.

Oh, i remember that one.... Absolutely hilarious one!!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • I read a recommendation from SK.  The first episode was great!  I will continue!

KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    Four seasons of a new series dropped today on Britbox. Above Suspicion.  Anyone watch this one? Thoughts?  I know you guys not living in the US see these things months before we get it. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • No haven't heard of this one, I'll look for it tonight. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Four seasons of a new series dropped today on Britbox. Above Suspicion.  Anyone watch this one? Thoughts?  I know you guys not living in the US see these things months before we get it. 
    Good cast -- I'll be sure to check it out. I quite enjoyed Wisting on AMC+.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    Four seasons of a new series dropped today on Britbox. Above Suspicion.  Anyone watch this one? Thoughts?  I know you guys not living in the US see these things months before we get it. 
    Binge-able: the four seasons have 2, 3, 3, and 3 episodes respectively. I've always liked Kelly Reilly. Not for the faint of heart, though -- they drop you into some gut-wrenching crime scenes straight out of the gate.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Four seasons of a new series dropped today on Britbox. Above Suspicion.  Anyone watch this one? Thoughts?  I know you guys not living in the US see these things months before we get it. 
    Binge-able: the four seasons have 2, 3, 3, and 3 episodes respectively. I've always liked Kelly Reilly. Not for the faint of heart, though -- they drop you into some gut-wrenching crime scenes straight out of the gate.
    I watched first episode of first 2009 season.  Uhm. Definitely a vintage feel to it that didn’t quite work for me like other similar shows have. Pretty gritty and graphic.  Didn’t really grab me up. I’m going to keep going though.  I do need a new foreign crime drama binge able and I hope it grows on me. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'm also finding it to be rather rushed. I have the subtitles turned on and even they can't keep up with the pace and the overlapping dialog.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I'm also finding it to be rather rushed. I have the subtitles turned on and even they can't keep up with the pace and the overlapping dialog.
    Whoa. That season one ending was chilling. The killer grotesque. 

And season 2 starts off just as horrifying. I’m really surprised at the depravity and brutality they allowed on TV. Did they always allow this and I was asleep? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I am still watching 'Black Summer' when I can catch it.  I really do like the series, but I get giggles everytime with all the frantic running. Man those zombies can move!   :D

blacksummers GIFs on Tenor

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • If anyone watches Who is Erin Carter? On Netflix, thoughts would be appreciated. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • If anyone watches Who is Erin Carter? On Netflix, thoughts would be appreciated. 
    I've seen the first episode. Thought it was good but a lot of unanswered questions which is ok by me in a first episode. Our leading lady obviously has a lot of secrets which i guess will come forward as the season progress. A bit early for thoughts or comments but i will once i'm done.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I am still watching 'Black Summer' when I can catch it.  I really do like the series, but I get giggles everytime with all the frantic running. Man those zombies can move!   :D

blacksummers GIFs on Tenor

So true! I remember thinking that i would have been zombiemeat pretty quick in a similar position. Seen the first season and the first episode of S2 which i thought was not as good.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I will say, Above Suspicion has gotten better as we move through the seasons. Still rough and tough but every season has ended in a very interesting way. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    Just watched episode S3, E5 of Only Murders In The Building (Hulu).

as the credits roll, there is a newspaper article clipping. Pause your TV and read it. 

It’s silly but fun. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Finished Justified - Primeval City. Pretty solid and ends with a super setup for the second season.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerBevVincentFlakeNoir
  • Binged through Des on AMC+/Sundance - David Tennant plays Dennis Nilsen, a famous 1980s-era serial killer in the Dahmer vein. Three 45-minute episodes makes for a quick watch, but it's compelling. The banality of evil vs. the red tape/bureaucracy of criminal investigation.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Today I finished season 2 of Good Omens.
    I truly love this show, so very Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
    David Tennant and Michael Sheen are incredible in these roles, magical. I can't get enough of them. 
    Now I really need a season 3, my tender heart is wounded. 🥹

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Binged through Des on AMC+/Sundance - David Tennant plays Dennis Nilsen, a famous 1980s-era serial killer in the Dahmer vein. Three 45-minute episodes makes for a quick watch, but it's compelling. The banality of evil vs. the red tape/bureaucracy of criminal investigation.
    This sounds good. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Today I finished season 2 of Good Omens.
    I truly love this show, so very Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
    David Tennant and Michael Sheen are incredible in these roles, magical. I can't get enough of them. 
    Now I really need a season 3, my tender heart is wounded. 🥹

I started watching this series when I dog/cat sat at the people’s house. I stopped because there was no way I was going to get through the seasons and that bummed me out.  

I get my kid a year of a streaming service for xmas. I let him choose. But this year, i think i’m going to choose. Prime, paramount and apple are in the running. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT