Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Watched The Swarm, a german production with actors from all over eirope plus Canada, the US and Japan. A dystopic series that starts with Orcas attacking boats (like they are now doing in the atlantic) and then developing the theme of how the oceans and its inhibitants are turning on us. I liked its premise, couldn't quite fulfill its promise but definitely worth a watch.
    I am now on the South Korean series The Silent sea. A moon station series. A crew is sent to the station to collect an important sample of something. It crashes on the moon but manages to walk to the station. Its soon evident that what the bosses told them is not really true. What really happened on the moon station and why is eberyone so secretive?? Good so far. I'm three episodes in.
    spideymanHedda GablerFlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Swarm, a german production with actors from all over eirope plus Canada, the US and Japan. A dystopic series that starts with Orcas attacking boats (like they are now doing in the atlantic) and then developing the theme of how the oceans and its inhibitants are turning on us. I liked its premise, couldn't quite fulfill its promise but definitely worth a watch.
    I am now on the South Korean series The Silent sea. A moon station series. A crew is sent to the station to collect an important sample of something. It crashes on the moon but manages to walk to the station. Its soon evident that what the bosses told them is not really true. What really happened on the moon station and why is eberyone so secretive?? Good so far. I'm three episodes in.
    What service has this kurben?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Swarm, a german production with actors from all over eirope plus Canada, the US and Japan. A dystopic series that starts with Orcas attacking boats (like they are now doing in the atlantic) and then developing the theme of how the oceans and its inhibitants are turning on us. I liked its premise, couldn't quite fulfill its promise but definitely worth a watch.
    What service has this kurben?
    The Silent Sea was on Netflix. The Swarm (Der Schwarm) i saw on SVTPlay.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Bev, your thoughts on last season of Ted Lasso?  
    Loved it.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Second season of From is done. A good ride. And, as usual with these types of shows, ends with a WTF moment.

Also looking forward to the last S1 episode of Silo. The character work has been excellent.
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Bev, your thoughts on last season of Ted Lasso? 

Waiting for a bunch Apple stuff to finish before going back in. 

The handwriting was on the wall for me after the first two episodes. An unexpected twist on the last episode for one of the characters. Wasn't expecting that after the thread was dropped last season.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I started watching S1 of Yellowjackets to refresh my memory of the show before tackling the new season. Showtime was just added to Paramount+, so I'm spared signing up for a free trial!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • Second season of From is done. A good ride. And, as usual with these types of shows, ends with a WTF moment.
    Renewed! "MGM Plus has announced that they are hoping for a 2024 release date for the third season, although that could depend on how the writers and potential actors strikes pan out. “The first two seasons of FROM captivated critics and terrified and engaged fans, who have formed a thriving online community that is trying to put the pieces together week by week as the secrets of the nightmarish town – and possibly beyond – are slowly revealed,” Michael Wright, head of MGM Plus, said in a statement."
    Hedda GablerLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited June 2023
    Great news for From.

And that's the first season of Silo done. Terrific show.  Top notch in all aspects.

Those who have not read the books will be blown away by the season ending.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Just started From. Looking good!!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirNotaro
  • About halfway through the first season. This is really good. A creepy horror drama. And it doesn't hurt that it has Que Sera Sera for an intro song!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirNotaro

• Looks good! Kathy is brilliant. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I finished the first season of The Diplomat tonight, great show so far. Excellent performances, very relevant storytelling. 
    NotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Did you watch all the way through the closing credits of the final episode?

I'm in the middle of S2 of Yellowjackets.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2023

Oh. My. God. My tribe. This made my day and made me laugh because I play the old lady card constantly, and it works.  I can’t change the fact that if I continue to breathe, I’ll continue to grow old.
     So I figure, instead of crying over the loss of smooth skin and perky boobs, i’m gonna rock these splayed cow teats like a muthaf’ing boss.  It is hilarious because like Kathy says in that clip, 

”nobody sees you coming.”
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • Keep Breathing on Netflix.

A woman hitches a ride on a small plane which then crashes in the Canadian wilderness....

This was ok, although it could have be shortened by a couple of episodes.

Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Did you watch all the way through the closing credits of the final episode?

No, I didn't have control of the mouse/keyboard. Have I missed something important? I'll see if I can check it out tonight.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Did you watch all the way through the closing credits of the final episode?

No, I didn't have control of the mouse/keyboard. Have I missed something important? I'll see if I can check it out tonight.
    It's definitely worth going back to check it out. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Did you watch all the way through the closing credits of the final episode?

It's definitely worth going back to check it out. 
    Ohhhh yes it was. Thanks for the heads up, Bev.
    BevVincentHedda GablerNotaro
  • This one won't appeal to everyone -- Tasmanian crime series called Deadloch (Amazon). The characters are somewhat cringe-inducing, especially the detective from Darwin. The language will curl your hair (when you can understand it!). But it's growing on me.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I started Bosch last night, enjoyed the first episode. The first story is going to be a tough one I think. (Children 🥹)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I started Bosch last night, enjoyed the first episode. The first story is going to be a tough one I think. (Children 🥹)
    I started Bosch myself months ago and quit. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I really like Bosch (I've read all the books) and the spinoff. Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer starts tomorrow, too.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    I really like Bosch (I've read all the books) and the spinoff. Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer starts tomorrow, too.
    The Lincoln Lawyer is not the spin off of Bosch, is it? Did I read that right? I need to go  Googling. 

Okay, I think I have it. Bosch Legacy is the spin off.

I don't know if it's a spoiler or not, but the main characters from Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer are half-brothers. Got it... 

BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro