Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited July 2023
    Luther has a new season on Britbox.

i started this long ago and got interrupted. So I restarted it.

That opening episode, season 1 was very satisfying.   

Don’t save an asshole is my new motto. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ....I've probably nattered on about watching Destination Fear at some point, it was on the Travel Channel for a few seasons, and featured a brother/sister/two best childhood friends as a paranormal team.  They were a refreshing breath in the stagnant atmosphere of ghost hunting. The head honcho is Dakota who used to work for that asshat Zak Bagans on Ghost Adventures....Dakota's squad started pulling in bigger numbers and Zak go all butt-hurt and Travel decided to cancel them before Bilbo Bagans had a hissy. So, they struck out on their own. No network backing, just a Go Fund Me that went way over the top and allowed them to start doing their own thing on YouTube called Project Fear....it's the same format they used previously but without being fettered by time and censors.....worth a watch if you get a paranormal hankering....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Zak drove me nuts. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Thanks for the reviews of 'FROM'
    It is excellent.
    BevVincentHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Has anyone watched Trauma — Britbox — with my dear John Simm?  Thoughts?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Has anyone watched Trauma — Britbox — with my dear John Simm?  Thoughts?
    It's on my 2018 list of shows I watched. It's a little different from the typical Brit-crime series. I remember enjoying it.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    Watching Season 4 of Jack Ryan - the final season. Digging it.

Like the supporting cast a lot. Wendell Pierce as James Greer and Michael Kelly as Mike November are stand outs. Michael Pena gets a change of pace to play a no-nonsense character too. He's almost Terminator like.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Hijack with Idris Elba on Apple TV+ is really, really good. I wish I could binge it all, but I have to wait for the final three episodes and it's killing me.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • If you stumble upon a show called SUSPECT on Britbox and feel tempted...well, maybe pick something else. It's pretty dreadful.
    KurbenLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • If you stumble upon a show called SUSPECT on Britbox and feel tempted...well, maybe pick something else. It's pretty dreadful.
    The synopsis looks interesting.  Too bad execution fell flat. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    So awkward.  Made me uncomfortable   :o  lol  seems they are both messed up.

BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • So awkward.  Made me uncomfortable   :o  lol  seems they are both messed up.

This was great... both young and forging a path in their crafts. 😃
    Kurbennot_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    So awkward.  Made me uncomfortable   :o  lol  seems they are both messed up.

This was great... both young and forging a path in their crafts. 😃
    Gosh, I didn’t see anything awkward or messed up in that video.  Stephen was engaging, informative, playful, and as always, displaying a great sense of humor. 

I heard some new stories there. Stephen was energetic and appeared genuinely happy to chat. Loved it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Just watched the "Joan is Awful" episode of Black Mirror. This is exactly why actors and writers are striking. I also heard about an unnamed but supposedly prominent author who's in a debate with his publisher about contract terms to prevent his work from being used to train AIs.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I also heard about an unnamed but supposedly prominent author who's in a debate with his publisher about contract terms to prevent his work from being used to train AIs.
    It's not surprising the AI issue has arisen but it is fascinating how the issue has sprung across so many fronts at the same time. Actors, writers, and artists are all facing a watershed moment.  Something that we will all be facing in other professions soon too.
    BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I'd like to see an AI tackle my job. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'd like to see an AI tackle my job. 
    .....or mine, though that would mean I had some sort of real intellygents to start with....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    Finished S4 of Jack Ryan. Pretty solid final season.

Working through the 12 Monkeys TV series. Watched the first season or two back in the day but it fell off my viewing schedule for some reason. It's well written and a great exploration of character through shifting backgrounds due to timeline changes.

Decided to revisit after the excellent job, showrunner Terry Matalas did with Picard Season 3.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watching The Long Call on Britbox, based on a novel by Ann Cleaves. A good palate cleanser after that dreadful series I watched earlier!
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I'd like to see an AI tackle my job. 
    .....or mine, though that would mean I had some sort of real intellygents to start with....
    I was actually thinking of yours too when I wrote that. ❤️
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Watching The Long Call on Britbox, based on a novel by Ann Cleaves. A good palate cleanser after that dreadful series I watched earlier!
    I watched this and thought it was pretty okay. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I am really enjoying Beyond paradise.  I’m on episode 5 of 6 and very concerned about our main couple. 
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • This one won't appeal to everyone -- Tasmanian crime series called Deadloch (Amazon). The characters are somewhat cringe-inducing, especially the detective from Darwin. The language will curl your hair (when you can understand it!). But it's growing on me.
    I've been binging this today, I love it, hilarious. 
    I think the Darwin cop character isn't far from the real Kiwi actress...😃 she's a lot.
    BevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    Digging the first 3 episodes of the new Justified series- City Primeval. Story is only as good as it's villain and Boyd Holbrook as Clement Mansell is doing a great job.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben