Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• The 2nd Seasons of From and Yellowjackets have both been strong. Hard to believe there is only 1 episode of Yellowjackets left.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • It's not necessary to be familiar with Death in Paradise to enjoy the new series, Beyond Paradise, featuring one of the DIs from the Caribbean series. There are a few inside references (the duck is named for someone from Death in Paradise), but it stands on its own and is, in some ways, far superior to the previous show. I really like the way the crime is re-enacted, with the officers embedded in the scenes. The DS is sharp, too, and very engaging. And the external story about Humphry and his fiancé adds a layer of gravitas.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • It's not necessary to be familiar with Death in Paradise to enjoy the new series, Beyond Paradise, featuring one of the DIs from the Caribbean series. There are a few inside references (the duck is named for someone from Death in Paradise), but it stands on its own and is, in some ways, far superior to the previous show. I really like the way the crime is re-enacted, with the officers embedded in the scenes. The DS is sharp, too, and very engaging. And the external story about Humphry and his fiancé adds a layer of gravitas.
    I started watching Death… long ago and just couldn’t get into it. Not sure why now. Can’t remember. But I need a new series, so i’ll give Beyond a try . 

Finished up love & death. Decent enough. 

And Grace does not do enough episodes.  As you also
    mentioned Bev, I want cops to quit yelling at thugs from a mile away.  Why do they do this? And they can quit going into situations alone that are dangerous.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • So, are the new seasons of Barry and Yellowjackets affected by the writer’s strike?  I want all episodes dropped before I commit too much. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Both shows are already finished and will air without delays.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • Yep. But it could be a long wait for new seasons of Yellowjackets and From.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • Watched the first episode of FUBAR with Arnold. Typical action mindlessness.
  • edited May 2023
    And so The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has come to an end. Great show, terrific cast, and fantastic writing. Loved how the final episode went back to Midge's roots with her doing a live stand up monologue but this time in front of a TV audience.

Gonna this show - always brought a smile, a few tears, and a fair number of belly laughs.
  • edited May 2023
    er Gonna miss this show.

Also wanted to mention, the show used the live TV audience setting to have all of the cast present and for Midge, and us, to acknowledge them.

Fun fact - the producer of the Gordon Ford show is Rachel Brosnahan's real life husband. 
  • edited May 2023
    So ends the second season of YellowJackets and it was a good one indeed. Lots of twists, dark humor, and the last two episodes finished really strong with a couple of shock moments.

Alas, with the writer's strike, who knows when the third season will air.

PS - King is not a fan of Succession.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Oh. My. God. 19 mins. of Barry finale to go.  I am going to have to stop. I am so anxious. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2023
    Okay. I am going to have to sit on this ending. I am not having the same feelings about the final episode that others are having. And I’m not going to stick my wet finger up in the air to see which way the wind blows and go with the flow. 

I’ll read about it and see exactly why everyone is circle jerking about it. 

No offense to those that loved it. I may end up loving it too after more thought. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....there's a piece of descriptive terminology I haven't seen for a minute..."circle jerking"...ranks right up there with "piss up a rope"....
    Lou_SytsmaFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • Okay. I am going to have to sit on this ending. I am not having the same feelings about the final episode that others are having. And I’m not going to stick my wet finger up in the air to see which way the wind blows and go with the flow. 

I’ll read about it and see exactly why everyone is circle jerking about it. 

No offense to those that loved it. I may end up loving it too after more thought. 
    I haven't watched any of the new season, in fact nothing at all since very early April.  I need to get back to living. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • And so Ted Lasso comes to an end. I'd be content if this is indeed it but it's a business and if there is money to be made then a 4th season is quite possible.

For Bev:

GNTLGNTHedda GablerBevVincent
  • edited June 2023
    FUBAR with Arnold improved as the show went along. And it ended with a setup for a second season.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Looking forward to finishing up Manifest.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaMarsha
  • I loved the first season, so will definitely watch this. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited June 2023
    Not a tv show per se, but there is this lawn service guy in Texas that is so cool. He drives around and looks for horribly overgrown, messed up yards and cuts them for free so he can make youtube before and after videos— SB Mowing. ( yes, he’s monetized I’m sure)

i am totally hypnotized watching these. I love yard transformations and the end results after all his hard work are so satisfying. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Not a tv show per se, but there is this lawn service guy in Texas that is so cool. He drives around and looks for horribly overgrown, messed up yards and cuts them for free so he can make youtube before and after videos— SB Mowing. ( yes, he’s monetized I’m sure)

i am totally hypnotized watching these. I love yard transformations and the end results after all his hard work are so satisfying. 
    please note: most of these are abandoned shitholes and the neighbors love him. Some are people who physically can’t do it and have no one that steps up to help. A few are lazy chucklefucks too busy drinking their sodee pops and picking scabs. But he doesn’t care, he just drives around and helps. And what I hope happens, maybe now that the properties are under some control, it will instill pride of home and pride in themselves to
    maintain it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • ...you see the one where he discovered all the beautiful brick sidewalks and walkways, once he vaporized the weeds and such?.....
    FlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...you see the one where he discovered all the beautiful brick sidewalks and walkways, once he vaporized the weeds and such?.....
    Yes!  It just shows the potential if you just put in sweat equity. 

I watched another guy , it’s on youtube,  does the same thing. He found a dead body and had to leave the premises so cops could investigate. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenMarsha
  • A guy — channel called lawn care jauggernaut, found dead body. 
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirKurbenMarsha
  • ....Tracy caught that one and told me about it.....Holy Decomp Batman!!!!.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenMarsha