Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Shrinking (Apple TV+) is amazing. And Harrison Ford is so good in it.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • ...binge watched the first 5 episodes of The Stand (2020) on Paramount +....it is certainly taking liberties with the source material, but overall-it's been enjoyable and well executed.....got a chuckle out of some of the Easter eggs I've seen....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Finished Shrinking S1 - show gets stronger with each episode.  Ted McKinley of Happy Days fame is used awesomely - does a hit and run style of appearances where he appears, does a zinger, and then leaves the scene. The dialogue for the show is raunchily awesome. The whole cast is fantastic.

And that ending! Wow!  

Finished - Last Light - horrible, horrible ending. You spend the whole series waiting to see which the tale unfolds and when it does, the show jumps to narration, briefly describing the new world order that arises. Bleh!

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • I also finished Shrinking. I knew what was going to happen in the last scene the moment they started that montage. But, yeah, great show with a ton of heart.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • ....finished The Stand.....tip of the Village Idiot's(me) cap to Owen King for his work....only thing I can kibitz and grump about, was I didn't care for the way Trashy was presented or the acting job itself....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2023
    Watched the first episode of The Night Agent on Netflix. Another spy show but it feels more like a Jack Reacher clone. The lead actor looks remarkably like Reacher's younger brother.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Watched Yakumaz S-245 on Netflix. A Turkish series that deals in a disaster scenario where the sun has an outburst that kills life on earth. But people that happened to be deep down in mines or in a submarine survived. How now to survive when the suns rays kills and you can only walk the earth during the night? It was OK but it is nice to see european showsnow and then, they often have a slightly different tone and pace than american.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watching Pine Gap on Netflix. An American-Australian spythriller series. Pine Gap is a kind of corraboration spy centre in the wilds of Australia and the boss discovers that that someone planted a malware in their data. Six possible suspects, 3 aussies, 3 americans and both naturally tend to trust their own more. The joint bosses (american and Aussie) must stop the leak, find the mule and do it quickly before the trust that existed evaporates totally. Not bad. Not exactly groundbreaking but worth watching.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2023
    I remember watching Pine Gap not long after it came out, but I don't recall much about it.

I'm watching The Bay on Britbox now. Fairly standard British copper series, although the main character makes some bad decisions early on that impact everything and she's not going to win any awards as parent of the year. Her kids are real shits most of the time.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I'm watching The Bay on Britbox now. Fairly standard British copper series, although the main character makes some bad decisions early on that impact everything and she's not going to win any awards as parent of the year. Her kids are real shits most of the time.
    I think Season 2 was better than Season 1, although there were still some questionable decisions by cops who should know better. Apparently the lead actress left the series after S2. I wonder if that meant the actors who played her teenage kids also lost their jobs.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • I'm watching The Bay on Britbox now. Fairly standard British copper series, although the main character makes some bad decisions early on that impact everything and she's not going to win any awards as parent of the year. Her kids are real shits most of the time.
    I think Season 2 was better than Season 1, although there were still some questionable decisions by cops who should know better. Apparently the lead actress left the series after S2. I wonder if that meant the actors who played her teenage kids also lost their jobs.
    I had this one started a while back and stalled. Need to get back on it. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Marsha Thomason (Naomi from Lost) takes over as lead in for season 3.
    GNTLGNT
  • edited April 2023
    Marsha Thomason (Naomi from Lost) takes over as lead in for season 3.
    The cop had sex with the step dad, their suspect. Why is she still on the case? And she deleted CCTV vid of her and him?   Wth

GNTLGNT
    The cop had sex with the step dad, their suspect. Why is she still on the case? And she deleted CCTV vid of her and him?   Wth

Yeah, that's the hook...she could have come clean at the outset and avoided a lot of problems later. It wouldn't have made her lose her job, just get her taken off the case. Bad decisions...
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • Can't wait!

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
    Season Two is interesting. Much better than one for me personally . I’m only on episode 3, so hope it continues. 

I suspect everyone. A right bunch of shifty bastards. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I liked Season Two better, too. One thing the show does well is to show how cops have to deal with the crap going on in their personal lives when they're also handling cases and the public. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I liked Season Two better, too. One thing the show does well is to show how cops have to deal with the crap going on in their personal lives when they're also handling cases and the public. 
    On episode 5 now. About 10 mins left. Tony is making me very anxious. 
    GNTLGNT
    Is season 3 good with new person?
    GNTLGNT
  • Yes, I like her -- new family complications. Only part of S4 is available. Have to wait for new episodes.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Can't wait!

GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • Black Mirror on Netflix.

An anthology series exploring a twisted, high-tech multiverse where humanity's greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.

I've liked what I've seen so far.  Different show each episode.

Title card
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Black Mirror on Netflix.

An anthology series exploring a twisted, high-tech multiverse where humanity's greatest innovations and darkest instincts collide.

I've liked what I've seen so far.  Different show each episode.

Title card
    I've seen some episodes but I don't think I've seen a complete season. Need to dip back into it sometime.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Can't wait!

Looks Fantastic!
    BevVincentKurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir