Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited March 2023
    Public enemy — oh man! 

Here’s what i knew, here’s what I didn’t. 

I knew early that Emile was connected somehow. There was just too many random moments focused on him. I kept vacillating that he was the killer or tied to the killer. Vincent? Yes. Dad? Yes. 

I suspected Lucas too, the abbey brother for a few episodes.  

But I never in a million years suspected mom!  Even being a mom who had moments of wanting to pop some little shit for messing with my kids, I never thought she would be the one.  But being a forensic doc and female, it was a very good play. I still have 35 min to go, so not sure how all this will end. But pretty satisfying so far. 

I am so glad the man cop she shot didn’t die. I liked him. He just now woke up.

My least favorite character is Chloe. Maybe if we get more into who took her sister I will like her more.  Right now, these damaged cops are wearing thin. 

GNTLGNT
  • Your wish in the final paragraph will be granted. The reveal of the culprit is what reminded me of Broadchurch.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Your wish in the final paragraph will be granted. The reveal of the culprit is what reminded me of Broadchurch.
    Once this person was revealed, I totally got it.  I totally understood the motivation. I had some preconceived ideas about things and people so did not entertain this person at all. Not even on my radar. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Britbox is showing season 3 of Staged coming soon. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Yeah, Melanie Lynskey has a carved quite a genre career for herself. Looking forward to seeing Elijah Wood on the upcoming season of Yellowjackets.

Finished The Last Of Us - solid adaptation of the series. Only quibble was the lack of infected interaction.

Watched the first episode of Season 3 of Ted Lasso. Very much a table setting episode, it's just fun to share time with these characters again. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Another excellent episode of Star Trek: Picard - Ep 4 - Imposters.

Great and touching conclusion to a 30 year story arc. And another episode with the best moment(s) based on acting without dialogue.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Started Yellowjackets. Season 1. Three episodes in. Likes it so far. And Melanie Lynskey is an excellent actress. Saw her for the first time in the crime drama Heavenly Creatures. She and Kate Winslet was totally convincing as teens murdering one of their moms. A great movie. I hope New Zealand is proud of her, they should be.
    Heavenly Creatures was excellent, I was very disturbed by the movie especially knowing it was a true story and had happened here.

We're proud of Melanie, she is especially good in her psychological roles. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Started Yellowjackets. Season 1. Three episodes in. Likes it so far. And Melanie Lynskey is an excellent actress. Saw her for the first time in the crime drama Heavenly Creatures. She and Kate Winslet was totally convincing as teens murdering one of their moms. A great movie. I hope New Zealand is proud of her, they should be.
    Heavenly Creatures was excellent, I was very disturbed by the movie especially knowing it was a true story and had happened here.

Yeah, i read about the case afterwards. Did you know that Winslets character later in life, after jail time and as a grown woman, became a successful crime/mystery writer? Under a different name of course. Interesting trivia.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:

Yeah, i read about the case afterwards. Did you know that Winslets character later in life, after jail time and as a grown woman, became a successful crime/mystery writer? Under a different name of course. Interesting trivia.
    I did, I don't believe I've read any of hers though, have you? 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • She's Anne Perry, author of nearly 50 novels.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • That is so interesting!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:

No, i haven't. I have one in my TBR pile though because i am curious.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • She's Anne Perry, author of nearly 50 novels.
    That's right...
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:

No, i haven't. I have one in my TBR pile though because i am curious.
    I am again too, she'd fallen through the widening cracks of my memory, but now I'm freshly curious. Thanks Kurben. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Finished - The Consultant. Quite enjoyed it. Had no certain idea how the series would end.

Watched the first episode of - The Last Light - starring Lost alumni  - Michael Fox.  The premise of the show is that there has been planned sabotage of the world's oil supply that renders it useless.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Matthew Fox, I guess? Haven't heard from him in a long time.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Matthew Fox, I guess? Haven't heard from him in a long time.
    Heheh - yeah, my bad.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited March 2023
    Wow - Episode 6 of Picard - Bounty - tied in the entire history of the franchise.

Loved Shaw geeking out when he met LaForge.

Still watching Last Light - it's like a serialized Irwin Allen disaster movie. 

Caught the first episode of Shrinking with Jason Segel and Harrison Ford. One of the creative talents behind Ted Lasso is also involved.
  • Aw hell no! I want all of Yellowjackets. Give it all to me. Not this weekly doling out.   

I’m going to wait for more episodes to load. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Saw the first three episodes of Netflix.s 10 part series  The Night Agent. Trying to keep a witness to a asssassination of two retired FBI agents in a safe house this low ranked agent soon discovers that all covers are soon blown and he dont know who to trust. Someone high up is playing for the wrong team but who? And why? And whats it all about? He doesn't know but is determined to keep the witness alive. Not exactly breaking new ground but doing a good job using previously used ideas. thriller/action.
  • We watched the first episode of the Korean series Extraordinary Attorney Woo -- it's cute, and has been hugely popular on Netflix.
  • Keeping a close eye on britbox— Grace season 3 has been added to coming soon, and still watching for new season of Staged. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Started Daisy Jones and The Six on Prime.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Finished The Night Agent. Full of tension. Worth watching but not something i'll return too. Actually i liked the two slightly psychotic hired killers best..... What does that say about me???
    Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Season 3 of Staged now on Britbox. Yay!!!!
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoir