Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• We watched all four episodes of Holding, based on Graham Norton's first novel -- a good Irish mystery set in a small village with lots of secrets.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Finally got around to finishing The Tower S2 (I almost forgot about it, but Amazon reminded me) -- good twisty ending.

Really enjoying the final season of Happy Valley, but this is one of those shows that absolutely requires closed captioning. Those accents!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • What the hell is happening on yellowjackets? Do we get answers at the end of season 2 for any of this? 

Symbols?Javi? Visions? Creepy senator?  Anything? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • I watched the first episode of the new Black Mirror tonight. (Joan is Awful) Brilliant, very well done. 😃
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I watched the first episode of the new Black Mirror tonight. (Joan is Awful) Brilliant, very well done. 😃
    In my queue. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Caught up to the current episode of SILO -- can't wait for the next one!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • ....you know I enjoy shows about the paranormal, and I'm currently catching a new series created by Eli Roth called The League of Exorcists......allegedly based on actual cases of possession....entertaining nonetheless...
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • Started up where i left off on Manifest. Are now ob season 3. Is it just me, i feel like this season so far is a downgrade from the first two? Its a bit early to judge yet but if you have seen Manifest what were your reactions.
  • From S3 on, it was a Netflix production (after having been canceled). I liked it all the way to the end. Good mythology. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....you know I enjoy shows about the paranormal, and I'm currently catching a new series created by Eli Roth called The League of Exorcists......allegedly based on actual cases of possession....entertaining nonetheless...
    ...Legion, not League.apologies....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....you know I enjoy shows about the paranormal, and I'm currently catching a new series created by Eli Roth called The League of Exorcists......allegedly based on actual cases of possession....entertaining nonetheless...
    What service is this on???
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Bev, your thoughts on last season of Ted Lasso? 

Waiting for a bunch Apple stuff to finish before going back in. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited June 2023
    Bev, your thoughts on last season of Ted Lasso? 

My two cents - it did not go down the path of viewer expectations to please the masses.

The season is a lot like King's - The Dark Tower Book 7, neither gives the moments fans were expecting. 

I like the final season but I love the first two.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • What the hell is happening on yellowjackets? Do we get answers at the end of season 2 for any of this? 

Season 2 progressed the story, answered some questions and raised new ones. It also had some good laughs, dark humor, emotional revelations, some nifty twists, and a couple of real shocking moments.

Yeah, I dug it.

I'm three episodes in -- so far, so good. I'll let you know when I finish.
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    What service is this on???
    ...I pick it up through Discovery+....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha

My two cents - it did not go down the path of viewer expectations to please the masses.

The season is a lot like King's - The Dark Tower Book 7, neither gives the moments fans were expecting. 

I like the final season but I love the first two.
    Hmmm. Well, i hope it wasn’t mean just to pull the rug out.  Things didn’t always go to
    plan for Ted, but he was a sweet guy who always looked to be better, be the better guy, work harder — believe.  It will make me sad if they just fucked him over. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha

I'm three episodes in -- so far, so good. I'll let you know when I finish.
    Yes please. I would be interested in your take too. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • edited June 2023
    What the hell is happening on yellowjackets? Do we get answers at the end of season 2 for any of this? 

Season 2 progressed the story, answered some questions and raised new ones. It also had some good laughs, dark humor, emotional revelations, some nifty twists, and a couple of real shocking moments.

Yeah, I dug it.
    I finished this and it was good. I have to say, my favorite parts were the wilderness scenes. Teenage girls are savages.  And they can learn and grow to be better people, or they are the Karen’s of today.  I want a plane crash of adult Karens. Oh my god. That would be horrifying.  I hate to speak ill of my own kind, but its fun to spot a full grown Karen in the wild. Chilling, stupid af bitches. 

And, the girl who played Shauna should get an Emmy just for her crying.  Oh my lord. Where did that unbelievable rawness come from? Where did she pull that up from? I was just zoned in on her realness. Amazing actress . 

Obviously coach burned down the cabin, hoping to kill them all.  I pray he’s a one legged serial killer in the next season. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaMarsha
  • Finished Manifest. It held on but i still think that the first two seasons were slightly better than the finishing two.

Yeah, I dug it.
    I finished this and it was good. I have to say, my favorite parts were the wilderness scenes. Teenage girls are savages.  And they can learn and grow to be better people, or they are the Karen’s of today.  I want a plane crash of adult Karens. Oh my god. That would be horrifying.  I hate to speak ill of my own kind, but its fun to spot a full grown Karen in the wild. Chilling, stupid af bitches. 

And, the girl who played Shauna should get an Emmy just for her crying.  Oh my lord. Where did that unbelievable rawness come from? Where did she pull that up from? I was just zoned in on her realness. Amazing actress . 

Obviously coach burned down the cabin, hoping to kill them all.  I pray he’s a one legged serial killer in the next season. 

🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂 To clarify— “my own kind” is referring to female.

I am not a Karen.  Praise jesus. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Kurben said:
    Finished Manifest. It held on but i still think that the first two seasons were slightly better than the finishing two.
    I thought the ending was quite nicely done.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • It was a real good ending. I just thought the road to the ending wasn't as good as the first two seasons. Good but not as good.
  • Kurben said:
    It was a real good ending. I just thought the road to the ending wasn't as good as the first two seasons. Good but not as good.
    I really hated Angelina!
  • Kurben said:
    It was a real good ending. I just thought the road to the ending wasn't as good as the first two seasons. Good but not as good.
    I really hated Angelina!
    Me too.......