Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• Devoured the first season of Foundation. Haven't been this engrossed by a SF series since Fringe. This is a top notch production with gorgeous visuals, great score, acting, & writing.

It has perfected the art of closing the episode with a button or hook that incites you to watch the next one.

Season Two here we come!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited December 2023
    Season 2 of Bosch complete. On to 3. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I would love to live in his home. Good cover for it with his movie money.
    The height was freaking me out. And the thought of cleaning all that glass. 😳
    If he can afford that place, he can afford professional window washers. 😄
    🤔 Keep watching...
    Arrrrrggghhh! They just posted Bosch would be leaving freevee soon so i am putting my head down and trying to move through these seasons!!!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited December 2023
    Attorney Dana here. 

If cops give you something to drink, they want your prints and/or DNA. Plus, they are setting you up to need to pee. They are working on your comfort. Keep you awake. Keep you hungry. First keep you thirsty then overload your kidneys. Delay a bathroom break. Make you miserable. 

And shut up.

every single damn cop show— tick the boxes. Cop shows drive me nuts, but i still love them.  The most stereotyped genre out there. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • edited December 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    🤔 Keep watching...
    Arrrrrggghhh! They just posted Bosch would be leaving freevee soon so i am putting my head down and trying to move through these seasons!!!
    Go girl! (We're ditching Neon soon, prices are going up and they're introducing ads, so I'm madly binging my way through Breaking Bad, yo!) 
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Attorney Dana here. 

If cops give you something to drink, they want your prints and/or DNA. Plus, they are setting you up to need to pee. They are working on your comfort. Keep you awake. Keep you hungry. First keep you thirsty then overload your kidneys. Delay a bathroom break. Make you miserable. 

And shut up.

every single damn cop show— tick the boxes. Cop shows drive me nuts, but i still love them.  The most stereotyped genre out there. 
    Um... yep!
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ...don't forget the old "Good Cop/Bad Cop" trope.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Anyone have insight into Dirk Gently— the beginning seasons? 
    I watched it, has very little to do with the books, if you can put that aside and stick it out it is actually ok and is reasonably enjoyable.

A much better option is the UK  four episide version from 2010/12. This one is more in tune with the spirit of Adams material.....

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    🤔 Keep watching...
    Go girl! (We're ditching Neon soon, prices are going up and they're introducing ads, so I'm madly binging my way through Breaking Bad, yo!) 
    Breaking Bad is so good. 

Flakes, I am not liking Bosch’s daughter. Is it me? Am I not giving her a fair shake?  She just bugs the shit out of me. 

On episode 3, season 6. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    🤔 Keep watching...
    Breaking Bad is so good. 

Flakes, I am not liking Bosch’s daughter. Is it me? Am I not giving her a fair shake?  She just bugs the shit out of me. 

On episode 3, season 6. 
    Maddie improves in each subsequent season. In the earlier seasons she is very much the petulant teenager.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I’m showing my age. Her teenage angst is really irritating. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I liked Maddie, she has had to go through a bit. She had some moments where the teen stuff was a pita, but she's a good kid. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Finished Poker Face. After a mid-season sag, the last few episodes were quite good.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Okay. I’ve suggested this before a couple times and I’m going to again — Inside No. 9. Britbox, not sure if anywhere else. 

Pemberton and Shearsmith are brilliant in these very creative, unsettling little stories. Short standalones. 

Because I loved them so much, i went onto watch Psychoville and just found out they did a series called League of Gentlemen with Mark Gatiss.  The 3 play most of the characters. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay— i know nothing about this reacher guy that I remember.  I am watching season 1 of a 2022 series on freevee ( apparently an Amazon share). Thirty minutes in — this is great. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2023
    Started a watch of Happy Valley. This is my first time. Don't know how many times my wife has watched it.  First two episodes definitely have my interest. The dynamics of the protagonist's grandson are very engrossing.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Beyond Paradise — britbox 2023 xmas special
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2023
    Finally saw the Barbie movie - it was quite good in my opinion - we watched it on Christmas night - quite a few laugh out loud moments. (Hard to believe anyone would want to ban this movie - I guess they didn't get it)

Oh yeah - not to spoil it for anyone but...
    I liked the part about "Are you shining with her?" ☺

GNTLGNT
  • Zipped through Season Two of Foundation. Great series. The production values are off the chart for a TV show - better than a lot of movies even.

Love that while you know the general direction the story is heading, how it gets there is constantly surprising.

Up next, For All Mankind.
    GNTLGNT
  • Death in Paradise — britbox Xmas special
    GNTLGNTNeesyBevVincent
  • edited December 2023
    Finished all of Bosch. I ended up enjoying the action and crime solving parts of this.  The obligatory deep discussion scenes with his daughter (usually one or the other wandering onto the deck at sunset or sunrise to sidle up to the other) made me long for her to be shot. Dead. “And out of this world.”  

Sorry flakers and lou and everyone who liked her. 😄
    Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited December 2023
    Finished first season of Reacher. I pet sat so got to see the rest of the season on their Prime subscription. Totally bummed I didn’t have time for season 2. Because… I watched all four of 2023 Doctor Who Xmas specials. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Watched first season of The Rookie. It focuses on three friends from the police academy and their first year as officer on the streets and the things they go through/learn while on the job. Not bad. Kept me watching. 
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Finished all of Bosch. I ended up enjoying the action and crime solving parts of this.  The obligatory deep discussion scenes with his daughter (usually one or the other wandering onto the deck at sunset or sunrise to sidle up to the other) made me long for her to be shot. Dead. “And out of this world.”  

Did you also watched Bosch:Legacy S1 & 2?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Finished all of Bosch. I ended up enjoying the action and crime solving parts of this.  The obligatory deep discussion scenes with his daughter (usually one or the other wandering onto the deck at sunset or sunrise to sidle up to the other) made me long for her to be shot. Dead. “And out of this world.”  

Did you also watched Bosch:Legacy S1 & 2?
    Yes i did. I liked Bosch as a PI much better . 

Still longed for his daughter’s demise. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    KurbenNeesyLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoir