Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• edited January 1
    Fool Me Once — Harlan Coben — netflix

coben must love the actor Richard Armitage. He uses him constantly and I can see why. He’s a strong, beautiful presence. 
    NeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Started The Umbrella Academy. Interesting start. Lets see where they take it. This is the kind of setup that can be very interesting or go stale after awhile. We'll see which one this is. So far, so good but i'm only two episodes in.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Started The Umbrella Academy. Interesting start. Lets see where they take it. This is the kind of setup that can be very interesting or go stale after awhile. We'll see which one this is. So far, so good but i'm only two episodes in.
    For me, the staleness started in the second season. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • I've binged my way through Breaking Bad, yo! And missed it so much when it was done. So I watched the tv/movie special El Camino, which was great but also hilarious seeing characters that were supposed to be so much younger than what they actually were. 😃
    I'm now watching Better Call Saul. I have 6 seasons to pack away before we lose Neon. 😬
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I've binged my way through Breaking Bad, yo! And missed it so much when it was done. So I watched the tv/movie special El Camino, which was great but also hilarious seeing characters that were supposed to be so much younger than what they actually were. 😃
    I'm now watching Better Call Saul. I have 6 seasons to pack away before we lose Neon. 😬
    I need to keep going with saul myself. 
    KurbenNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I have watched 673 episodes of dark shadows. I still have 346 episodes to go to complete the Dark Shadows TV run. 
    KurbenNeesyLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Mandy Patinkin’s Death and Other Details coming soon to Hulu.  I am very much looking forward to this. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Finished Jury Duty. Not one for reality TV shows but this one appealed because of the premise and the small time investment - only 8 episodes. This is a lot of fun and a feel good experience because of the premise and the likeableness of the cast.

Halfway through Season 1 of For All Mankind. Well written and inspiring.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited January 3
    Just finished the new season of Shetland. Just some thoughts and observations. 

First, I was very skeptical of the ladies carrying this because I loved Douglas Henshall so much. But my negative nelly shit was for naught.  They did great. 

If I was in an interview room with Tosh, I would tell her everything. 

The 2 focus men in that final episode were brilliantly powerful. If I had been an actress in these scenes with them, I would have been emotional and in awe of the intensity they were giving me to give back.  They should win acting awards. 

I look forward to more seasons and hope the quality stays at the level they set. I was overwhelmed.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Finished Season 2 of Happy Valley.  Solid show but god the theme song is horrible.

For All Mankind continues to impress. Apple TV has a lock on solid SF series.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I watched an interesting 6-part series on Max called Full Circle starring Claire Danes and Timothy Olyphant (and Dennis Quaid). It's about a flubbed kidnapping that initiates a sequence of events that reveal long-held secrets. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I watched an interesting 6-part series on Max called Full Circle starring Claire Danes and Timothy Olyphant (and Dennis Quaid). It's about a flubbed kidnapping that initiates a sequence of events that reveal long-held secrets. 
    You say you watched it. You left out whether you liked it or not. 

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I liked it a lot --  although I watched it on an airplane without earphones, just closed captions. I might try it again with audio!
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Death in Paradise — britbox Xmas special
    I watched this yesterday -- cute. I thought the re-enactment section was too long, though. By the time they did that, we were pretty much up to speed about what had happened.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I liked both of the Paradise specials. They were sweet. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I liked both of the Paradise specials. They were sweet. 
    It was the Beyond Paradise special I saw yesterday. I haven't seen the Death in Paradise one yet. Also have Call the Midwife, All Creatures Great and Small and Doctor Who specials to see, too.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited January 5
    I love David Tennant. It’s so hard to let him go as The Doctor. 

The death in paradise one is better. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Golden Globes. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited January 8
    Finished Season 1 of For All Mankind. Loved it. It's an alternate history and a melodrama. The SF aspects are a cherry on the top.  On to Season Two.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Call the Midwife holiday special -- charming, as always.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited January 8
    Watched Fool Me Once on Netflix, the latest Harlan Coben adaptation. More twists than a Chubby Checker dance-a-thon. They were a little heavy-handed with the musical cues and had too many unnecessary flashbacks to remind viewers of things we already knew, but it has a truly surprising finale and some interesting characters.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Watched Fool Me Once on Netflix, the latest Harlan Coben adaptation. More twists than a Chubby Checker dance-a-thon. They were a little heavy-handed with the musical cues and had too many unnecessary flashbacks to remind viewers of things we already knew, but it has a truly surprising finale and some interesting characters.
    I really liked it. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Fargo S5 -- episode 1. I'm hooked.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
  • Finished Season 2 of For All Mankind.  Fantastic and uplifting.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Just started the Polish (uh oh) series, Detective Forst.  Netflix 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir