Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What T.V. Shows Have Your Attention?

Comments

• First episode of new season of Shetland on britbox
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Chasing Shadows on Britbox. 

I have high hopes for this. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2023
    Finished the two seasons of The Bear. The show gets progressively better and the second season pays off and, in a lot of instances, reverses gains in many a painful and poignant manner. 

There are a lot of great guest stars throughout the series too.

The family Christmas episode is one of, if not the most, painful family gathering episodes I have ever seen. 

Also finished the first season of - Based On A True Story. Lots of laughs along the way. My only quibble is how weak the final scene is for setting up the second season.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Second to last episode of Poker Face. 

“I died on Shit Mountain. I’ve always been the caretaker.”

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirBevVincentLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • A Nearly Normal Family (Netflix) -- a Swedish series about a teenager accused of murder. Six episodes that could have been three or four, and I don't think there was ever much question about what really happened. I watched it so you don't have to!
    KurbenGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited December 2023
    Finished season eight of Shetland. The new lead is fine and I like how Tosh got so much center stage focus this season. Still don't like how they write Sandy though. Oh, and too many red herrings this season!

Started watching Poker Face. The show does a great job with their guest casts each episode. The lead is doing a fine Peter Falk Columbo riff with her smoker's voice.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Yeah, Sandy is a little useless and he's treated that way by the other characters, too. Tosh is really great.
  • Tried to watch a new netflix series, Obliterated, but gave up after two episodes. There is this topshelf special force thats applied in number one crisis situations and their mission is to save Las Vegas from a nuclear threat. You  would have gor better persons from the nearest alley near you. Totally unbelievavable. Probably not the actors fault but the writers. They tried to mix in so much over the top comedy that the credibility in the characters tottally dissolved. Thats my take at least.
  • edited December 2023
    Yeah, Sandy is a little useless and he's treated that way by the other characters, too. Tosh is really great.
    I have always watched Sandy with suspicion. Every single episode he looks so creepy. I was always thinking he was involved— in everything. 

I swear, when this series ends for good, we’re gonna find out Sandy has been trafficking illegal sporks with the local nursing home or...

Muuurder. 
    BevVincentKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2023
    Has anyone watched the series Fargo? Hulu has 5 seasons I think. I watched the first episode, it was good, but I don’t want to commit if it falters. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Fargo is great, doooo it. 💜
    BevVincentGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Fargo is great, doooo it. 💜
    Quoting myself.. 🙄

And just to help you decide... it's not Bosch great, (which I truly looooved) it's kind of Tarantino movie great, but without the graphic violence.  (I think... 🤔 it's been a while)
    The stories are fantastic.  And hey! The (I think) last season has our Ewan in it! 😃
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Each season is a standalone. It's quirky but interesting. Definitely worth watching. I haven't started the latest season yet.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Tried to watch a new netflix series, Obliterated, but gave up after two episodes. 
    Couldn't even make it to the end of the first one. Not funny at all.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Fargo is great, doooo it. 💜
    Quoting myself.. 🙄

And just to help you decide... it's not Bosch great, (which I truly looooved) it's kind of Tarantino movie great, but without the graphic violence.  (I think... 🤔 it's been a while)
    The stories are fantastic.  And hey! The (I think) last season has our Ewan in it! 😃
    Ok. I finished the first episode of season 1 Bosch. I’m going to try a little harder. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Anyone have insight into Dirk Gently— the beginning seasons? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I remember watching the first couple of episodes and not caring for it very much. I liked the novels.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Okay, season one of bosch under my belt. Pretty good. Starting off with his court case is what hung me up. Getting past it really helped the flow. 

On episode 3, season 2. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I would love to live in his home. Good cover for it with his movie money.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Okay, season one of bosch under my belt. Pretty good. Starting off with his court case is what hung me up. Getting past it really helped the flow. 

On episode 3, season 2. 
    I'm glad you gave it another go, it kept improving for me. I like the way nobody is perfect, everyone has their flaws, seemed realistic. The only thing that turned me off a bit was the way the cops and the feds constantly shaped up to each other. Maybe that's real life in the U.S, but it was just a bit boorish and dumbed it down a bit for me, it was annoying. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • I would love to live in his home. Good cover for it with his movie money.
    The height was freaking me out. And the thought of cleaning all that glass. 😳
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Learned that Poker Face is not a binging show. Best to space them out.

Started the Foundation series based on Isaac Asimov's books. Very impressed so far, after two episodes.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I would love to live in his home. Good cover for it with his movie money.
    If he can afford that place, he can afford professional window washers. 😄
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    🤔 Keep watching...
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    🤔 Keep watching...
    Uh oh….
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro