Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ....so if you drive an electric vehicle, are you listening to AC/DC or something more current??.....
    Groan.....
    NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....so if you drive an electric vehicle, are you listening to AC/DC or something more current??.....
    Groan.....
    I-do-not-like-humor-but-that-was-funny GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • One day you’ll buy a food that has a longer expiration date than you do
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    KurbenHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • edited January 18
    Tengo QUE. Tengo que dana. Learn it, love it, live it. 

In forming a sentence, i just waltz right by that que. 
    KurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Tengo QUE. Tengo que dana. Learn it, love it, live it. 

...but do you have to??.... :D
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoirKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Tengo QUE. Tengo que dana. Learn it, love it, live it. 

...but do you have to??.... :D
    Yeah, why dont she do a tango instead??
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....well, my nose has been running-so that's enough exercise for me today......
  • edited January 21
    As you are working through Duolingo Spanish, occasionally in each unit is a story, it is completely in Spanish. They are short for listening and comprehension. Stopping here and there to have you choose what comes next, or they ask a question and give you multiple choice of what is happening. 

Today, after the story, a new box popped up and asked me to write in Spanish, 60 words or less, what the story was about. 

The story? A girl named Zari got a present from her mom. A very expensive blue sweater from her favorite store. Zari is over-the-moon ecstatic!  Until she finds out mamá bought herself, dad and her brother the same sweater. Wah wah waaaahhhh. 

Duolingo asks me, “what is this story about?”  All in spanish i say:

“Zari is so sad and really angry that moms bought the whole family the same pretty, blue sweater that she wants to leave her body in another country.” I finish it with,

“por qué mamá, por qué!!!????” ( why mama, why????)

Duolingo fixed my mistakes and told me, “Good job! You are expressing yourself in Spanish!”

🤣😂🤣
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • As you are working through Duolingo Spanish, occasionally in each unit is a story, it is completely in Spanish. They are short for listening and comprehension. Stopping here and there to have you choose what comes next, or they ask a question and give you multiple choice of what is happening. 

Today, after the story, a new box popped up and asked me to write in Spanish, 60 words or less, what the story was about. 

The story? A girl named Zari got a present from her mom. A very expensive blue sweater from her favorite store. Zari is over-the-moon ecstatic!  Until she finds out mamá bought herself, dad and her brother the same sweater. Wah wah waaaahhhh. 

Duolingo asks me, “what is this story about?”  All in spanish i say:

“Zari is so sad and really angry that moms bought the whole family the same pretty, blue sweater that she wants to leave her body in another country.” I finish it with,

“por qué mamá, por qué!!!????” ( why mama, why????)

Duolingo fixed my mistakes and told me, “Good job! You are expressing yourself in Spanish!”

🤣😂🤣
    Well, you know what they say: A trip around the world begins with the first step. Be proud of all the steps you have taken.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....my personal chemical reaction......coffee in=sarcasm out........
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • It’s honestly kind of incredible that you can mix byproducts from completely unrelated plants and animals and get cake.
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Fitbits are just like Tamagotchis, except the stupid little creature you have to keep alive is yourself. 
    NeesyKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • An onion is the bass player of food. You would probably not enjoy it solo, but you’d miss it if it wasn’t there.
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ...why aren't iPhone chargers just called Apple Juice"??.....
  • edited January 30
    Tip of the day:  if you are a heavy girl, please quit wearing spandex/lycra or any other name for this stretchy exercise wear outside of a gym. 

You look like one big fat sausage turd. Oh my god. Every fat girl in a 20 mile radius of me has broken out the sausage casing in anticipation of spring. 

I am not trying to fat shame. It doesn’t look good.  I don’t care who tells you, “gurl, look at that great ass!”  No. Just no.  don’t do it. You don’t look sexy. They are lying.  
    Unless of course they love sausage. Then you look fantastic! 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Tip of the day:  if you are a heavy girl, please quit wearing spandex/lycra or any other name for this stretchy exercise wear outside of a gym. 

You look like one big fat sausage turd. Oh my god. Every fat girl in a 20 mile radius of me has broken out the sausage casing in anticipation of spring. 

I am not trying to fat shame. It doesn’t look good.  I don’t care who tells you, “gurl, look at that great ass!”  No. Just no.  don’t do it. You don’t look sexy. They are lying.  
    Unless of course they love sausage. Then you look fantastic! 

🥺 * walks away forlornly, with a sad backwards glance at the spandex/lycra rack in Walmart. Deep sigh. *
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy