Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• ....seriously bro, that is very beautiful.....and I love those archways over the bridge...we have those here as well....always feel like if I could run through there fast enough I could launch into hyperspace....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • Notaro said:
    Any idea what type of bird it is? 

It's the very rare "Grumpy Bird" :) ;)
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • Notaro said:
    Just home from a shopping expedition to the city centre....

Do you use an iPhone @Notaro ? If so which one? We are thinking of upgrading very soon

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • @FlakeNoir ; Yikes - I missed this entire page.  Cry yer pardon! Love the story! Your young man is very convincing and has most definitely inherited his mom's love of all creatures, especially those in most need of thy mercy (@not_nadine - did you hear the prayer there?)  I'm excited for you and the other parent was outnumbered on the vote 2:1.  

@Neesy Hi you!! Got your email and will respond soon. I had hoped to do much internetting on this holiday but my sister tells me Uncle Bill has no internet. The Ogre has a gadget I can take with me if I can get Verizon cell service, but that is extremely doubtful.  A holler is a between two mountains or hills - it blocks everything and haints get caught in between and can't fly away.  

@Hedda Gabler I do pork medallions often - get your pan nice and hot - like heat for a few minutes on med high (I do 5).  Put oil in pan firstly - I like a combo of olive oil and canola. I pound the medallions down a bit with a mallet so they aren't so thick but if your's are stuffed, you may want to skip that.  When pan is sizzling hot, add the meat and turn down the heat 1 notch. Sear about 2/ 3/4 minutes per side, (I have nifty sand timers for that - the squeal of the stove times is horrifying).  Using tongs, flip & repeat - if the meat is nicely seared it will lift off easily. I then add some butter and spoon over the seared meat- Gordon Ramsey taught me this trick. If you feel it needs more cooking - stick the entire pan in the oven for a bit, but don't overcook.   

Thanks Holly - I am going to be starting the Christmas cards soon - hope all is well!

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • Neesy said:
    Notaro said:
    Just home from a shopping expedition to the city centre....

Do you use an iPhone @Notaro ? If so which one? We are thinking of upgrading very soon

Yes Neesy, it's a Huawei ELE-LO9. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    @FlakeNoir ; Yikes - I missed this entire page.  Cry yer pardon! Love the story! Your young man is very convincing and has most definitely inherited his mom's love of all creatures, especially those in most need of thy mercy (@not_nadine - did you hear the prayer there?)  I'm excited for you and the other parent was outnumbered on the vote 2:1.  

@Neesy Hi you!! Got your email and will respond soon. I had hoped to do much internetting on this holiday but my sister tells me Uncle Bill has no internet. The Ogre has a gadget I can take with me if I can get Verizon cell service, but that is extremely doubtful.  A holler is a between two mountains or hills - it blocks everything and haints get caught in between and can't fly away.  

@Hedda Gabler I do pork medallions often - get your pan nice and hot - like heat for a few minutes on med high (I do 5).  Put oil in pan firstly - I like a combo of olive oil and canola. I pound the medallions down a bit with a mallet so they aren't so thick but if your's are stuffed, you may want a to skip that.  When pan is sizzling hot, add the meat and turn down the heat 1 notch. Sear about 2/ 3/4 minutes per side, (I have nifty sand timers for that - the squeal of the stove times is horrifying).  Using tongs, flip & repeat - if the meat is nicely seared it will lift off easily. I then add some butter and spoon over the seared meat- Gordon Ramsey taught me this trick. If you feel it needs more cooking - stick the entire pan in the oven for a bit, but don't overcook.   

Thanks Holly - I am going to be starting the Christmas cards soon - hope all is well!

Thanks Nees for mentioning me.  Not quit sure about the message?  Other Parent? Not sure what you mean.  I am Cornfuaed
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • ....I think she was just replying to Holly via "quote" and you were already in there as part of Holly's original message....

Elmo Nope GIF - Elmo Nope Ok - Discover amp Share GIFs
    KurbenHedda Gablernot_nadineFlakeNoirNotaroHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • We sold an old truck we had. Twenty years. 321,000 miles. Still running good. We had free lifetime oil changes as long as we owned it🤣. They cringed every single time we came in because we were faithful. 

Obviously they don’t give lifetime oil changes anymore, but i give them credit, they honored it. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • We sold an old truck we had. Twenty years. 321,000 miles. Still running good. We had free lifetime oil changes as long as we owned it🤣. They cringed every single time we came in because we were faithful. 

Obviously they don’t give lifetime oil changes anymore, but i give them credit, they honored it. 
    Awww... wasn't he Mr. Boyfriend for a time?
    Let's hear it for the boy, let's give him Hallelujah. 😍 
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • edited November 2021
    FlakeNoir said:
    We sold an old truck we had. Twenty years. 321,000 miles. Still running good. We had free lifetime oil changes as long as we owned it🤣. They cringed every single time we came in because we were faithful. 

Awww... wasn't he Mr. Boyfriend for a time?
    Let's hear it for the boy, let's give him Hallelujah. 😍 
    No, not sure what you mean unless you’re thinking of my boyfriend xmas tree. 

This was my husband’s truck he just would not get rid of even when he got new trucks. Gone now, yay. One less thing for me to deal with. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • One of your vehicles was Mr. Boyfriend for a time, I think you had a falling out with Mr. Christmas Tree one year??? 🤔 Something like that... I'm old, maybe it was all a dream?
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • Oh man, i’m old too. This could be the car i drive now. That vaguely rings a bell. 😂
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    I’m so tired. I wish i could travel somewhere and just sleep. Never leave the room. One that has a balcony and overlooks the ocean. I’d love to have that cool, small breeze blowing on me. The sun, not too hot. Food brought in, delicious things to nibble before i fall back in bed. 

To have Someone there. A presence to protect me and take care of everything so i could just let go and sleep…..

and with that — back to dreamland. So let it be written, so let it be done. 
    KurbenMarshaNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I’m so tired. I wish i could travel somewhere and just sleep. Never leave the room. One that has a balcony and overlooks the ocean. I’d love to have that cool, small breeze blowing on me. The sun, not too hot. Food brought in, delicious things to nibble before i fall back in bed. 

To have Someone there. A presence to protect me and take care of everything so i could just let go and sleep…..

Not exactly the ocean, but I have a balcony that overlooks a pool. You're welcome anytime. <3
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • I have a writer friend in Florida who found himself homeless for a month -- had to move out of one house and the new one isn't ready yet. The cheapest solution he could find to put himself up for December was to book three back-to-back cruises! Takes care of meals and everything. He's got an inside cabin, which is so dark he loses all track of time and has been sleeping late. Sounds wonderful. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyMarshaNeesydoyoulove19
  • I’m so tired. I wish i could travel somewhere and just sleep. Never leave the room. One that has a balcony and overlooks the ocean. I’d love to have that cool, small breeze blowing on me. The sun, not too hot. Food brought in, delicious things to nibble before i fall back in bed. 

Idyllic Concept Resort  Koh Lipe - An idialized concept resort on Koh LipeYARN  So let it be written so let it be done  The Ten Commandments  1956  Video gifs by quotes  c2336aa4
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyMarsha
  • I bought myself some christmas presents!!! it was books... No surprise there. Two John Wyndham books i havent read, Brian Aldiss Superstate ( Considered one of the leading british SF wroters and a good friend of father(he went under the more familiar Brian when talked about)). This is supposed to be good but havent read it so thought i check it out and also The Scarlet Plague by Jack London. Havent read this Sf novel by him but know well enough that the man can write from several other novels. They ought to arrive about christmas.
    not_nadineHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I bought myself some christmas presents!!! it was books... No surprise there. Two John Wyndham books i havent read, Brian Aldiss Superstate ( Considered one of the leading british SF wroters and a good friend of father(he went under the more familiar Brian when talked about)). This is supposed to be good but havent read it so thought i check it out and also The Scarlet Plague by Jack London. Havent read this Sf novel by him but know well enough that the man can write from several other novels. They ought to arrive about christmas.
    The best gift is a book !
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHollyGolightlyMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy

(((( @Hedda Gabler ))))
    Sending you a hug.  Did you get some good sleep?  I had trouble falling asleep last night. I highly recommend A World of Calm for background (HBOMAX). Last night I finally drifted off to the noodle episode.  You can't imagine the story of the Soba noodle. Monks and buckwheat and alpine runoff. Makes me want to go to Nagano and harvest. Start a journey.  Do you have a dog?  My dogs are the presence for me. Very comforting. And of course, the Ogre.

I am excited to know you are enjoying Judy Blume. She is gifted and walked so many young people through those challenging times.  

Hey - what a truck that was!  My beloved hoopdie has 240,000 ish miles (born in 2006) and still working. Only I can drive her - she misbehaves with everyone else. I know her, she knows me.  I will drive her until one of us is dust.  I take the dogs for a car ride everyday.  It's a leftover habit from when we took the kids to school.  

I have some photos from my trip to the Appalachians to share soon.  It's complicated to email it from my phone and save and upload and all. It will take me a bit - But it was a wonderful trip.  I wish we could have stayed longer.  I was so road weary I managed to sleep well. Me on the couch, my sister and my daughter on air mattresses in the living room with me. Mom in the haunted room. I'm sure her CPAP scared him off.

I hope you all spent your Thanksgiving surrounded by love and family and friends.

We have company coming in tonight and staying through the weekend but don't be thinking I've pulled another runner. I'll be back asap.  
    MarshaGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • I'm sure her CPAP scared him off.

...the face farts are an outstanding defense against the paranormal..... :D ....(those of you who don't have to suffer through odd air escaping noises that make the dog jump, cats quiver and your spouse a homicidal maniac-consider yourself fortunate...)
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaFlakeNoirNotaroHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I'm sure her CPAP scared him off.

...the face farts are an outstanding defense against the paranormal..... :D ....(those of you who don't have to suffer through odd air escaping noises that make the dog jump, cats quiver and your spouse a homicidal maniac-consider yourself fortunate...)
    Stuck between a ❤ and a 😄 with this one! You get both.
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaNotaroGNTLGNTHollyGolightly
  • ....the last couple of days, my wife has looked on with sense of "ick", and I with morbid glee-as at least a hundred buzzards have been circle gliding on the thermals over our region.....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaHollyGolightlyNeesy