Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Out and about in Blanchardstown shopping centre..... 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • I love the ceilings in this complex, very pretty. And all the Christmas decorations are so lovely.
    Very nice, thank you Irish. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    .....and on another note, I have literally sat here for half an hour-as I peruse the Board-listening to a squirrel bitch and carry on....he's seated in the birdfeeder just off our screened in porch, and instead of eating the corn that he's been heisting all along-he'd rather  announce loudly that he is the Grand Poobah of the Grainery....Get offa my feeder!!!!.....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaHollyGolightlyNeesydoyoulove19
  • Trying to get back into my daily walk habit now that I'm back in AZ and don't have to bundle up for it. Have an appointment at 10 to get my car serviced after my time away. My cousin did start it and move it every couple of weeks but when I took it out on Saturday to get groceries, I noticed what I hope is only the tire inflation indicator that's lit up on the display. Haven't seen my cousin yet so may try to get together with her but really need to focus on getting back to finishing book 3.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • ....probably lost a few pounds of air from just sitting....the car I mean.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....probably lost a few pounds of air from just sitting....the car I mean.....

:D    Yes, the tire pressure was low which was what I'd been expecting so good news. I paid more attention when I started the car and the idiot lights gave the air pressure for each of the tires for a few seconds. I'd missed that on Saturday. Now if only I could figure out a way to lose a few pounds by just sitting because I'm really good at that!
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • ...y'all figure that out, loop me in....I can tag team the hell out of that!!....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Out and about in Blanchardstown shopping centre..... 

Pretty architecture and i love the little displays of Xmas .   My neighbor has really decorated outside so i peek out my window at it every now and then. 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • I think i’ll sleep all day. I’m tired. And  i like to dream. 

Reading my judy blume , Blubber. Not liking this. The bully stuff is not entertaining to me.  But obviously that’s the lesson the book will teach us.  

Watching Shetland still. Dexter. Yellowjackets — which is quite intriguing.  About 10 other programs.  So many books going. 

Have a focused day everyone — and love the one you’re with.  If you can. 

NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTKurbennot_nadineFlakeNoirNeesy

My new t-shirt
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHollyGolightlyHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy

Reading my judy blume , Blubber. Not liking this. The bully stuff is not entertaining to me.  But obviously that’s the lesson the book will teach us.  

Watching Shetland still. Dexter. Yellowjackets — which is quite intriguing.  About 10 other programs.  So many books going. 

Have a focused day everyone — and love the one you’re with.  If you can. 

I was very wrong.  My attempt at tough love has failed terribly and the result is you're not getting Christmas joy even through others.  I'm so sorry Deejers. 🥺

Hear ye, hear ye... harken to me now. Please all and sundry come forth with your Christmas cheer, tree snaps and festive the crap out of this place. 
    I can't show you my Christmas tree yet girl because I haven't had the energy to put it up. I'm working until Christmas day and through to Jan 6th... so I'm kind of sliding my way in to Christmas, backwards. 
    But I know Irish and his family have their trees up and I suspect Grant and many others will have too.... please do come on folks, let's get this Christmas party started.
    Maybe someone could start a Christmas thread?

Again, I'm so sorry DJ, I just wanted you to find some yule time joy from within, it's always been your super power. 🎄💜
    NotaroHollyGolightlyHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • Okay, I've started a thread. (it's been so long since I have, it took me a minute to figure out how 😳)
    NotaroHollyGolightlyHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • @Hedda Gabler You know Judy has a big lesson for us with Blubber. Hang in there.  I honed my empathy skills at a very early age thanks to Judy. I bet most of a generation did.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTMarsha
  • @Hedda Gabler You know Judy has a big lesson for us with Blubber. Hang in there.  I honed my empathy skills at a very early age thanks to Judy. I bet most of a generation did.
    i was guessing but the girls are brutal.  As girls are. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • About a week ago, i went grocery shopping. Taking my cart, loaded, out to car. I go from sidewalk to parking lot, wheel hits a rut — my cart crashes and burns and all my shit is rolling in every direction.  It was about the last straw that day. A very sweet young girl had passed me, but she doubled back and helped me get everything. And it was a lot!  Luckily all my glass stayed intact. 

This was also the same week i had a doc appt and i took the stairs to leave. I promptly fell down the stairs. 

A man walking up wanted to help — but in this time of covid, you could see he was at odds.  His instinct was to reach out to me, but then you could see — maybe she doesn’t want me to touch her. Or, maybe i don’t really want  to touch her.  

He had a clear face guard so i could see him. He asked if i was alright, asked if i needed help. I told him i was fine but he waited for me to get up. I thanked him for his kindness and his care. 

Sad, uncertain times we live in.  
    NotaroFlakeNoircatKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Yes unfortunately it's the new world we live in Hedda, but it does show that there are still people who are decent and caring and who genuinely want to help. 
    FlakeNoircatHedda GablerKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • About a week ago, i went grocery shopping. Taking my cart, loaded, out to car. I go from sidewalk to parking lot, wheel hits a rut — my cart crashes and burns and all my shit is rolling in every direction.  It was about the last straw that day. A very sweet young girl had passed me, but she doubled back and helped me get everything. And it was a lot!  Luckily all my glass stayed intact. 

This was also the same week i had a doc appt and i took the stairs to leave. I promptly fell down the stairs. 

A man walking up wanted to help — but in this time of covid, you could see he was at odds.  His instinct was to reach out to me, but then you could see — maybe she doesn’t want me to touch her. Or, maybe i don’t really want  to touch her.  

He had a clear face guard so i could see him. He asked if i was alright, asked if i needed help. I told him i was fine but he waited for me to get up. I thanked him for his kindness and his care. 

Sad, uncertain times we live in.  
    I'm sorry you had a couple of spills, it's awful when this happens, 🥺 I  hope you weren't hurt?
    Covid has been slower to spread here so our reactions and experiences are a bit different.
    I'm not sure if I mentioned coming across a motorcycle v car accident a few weeks ago while out for a drive with my client and a coworker?
    I attended the patient and it wasn't until the services arrived that we remembered we should be wearing face masks. 😳
    I told the patient "I'm double vacc'd." He said, "Me too." and we hastily put them on as fire, ambulance and police arrived. 
    Because it wasn't wide spread, we felt safe, caring for him and getting him help was the priority at that point. 

Auckland is about to be released upon the rest of New Zealand next week, so I dare say trust will wane pretty quickly. 

Hedda GablerNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • You were a kind and fast first responder. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • And i might add with love, probably very difficult to attend  the motorcycle guy — 😔
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • You were a kind and fast first responder. 
    We were first on the scene and he had some fairly significant injuries, honestly covid did not enter my mind until ambulance comms told me over the phone to be wearing a mask when the crews turned up. 😳

Even now just a few weeks out from that, it's spreading to more regions, it's possible the mask would already be sitting under my chin while driving, when I exit the car now, the mask goes up. (We don't have to wear them around our client all of the time, it frightens them)
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • And no, i wasn’t hurt. Just embarrassed. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Here a New mutation is beginning to spread, Omikron its called, And a lot of regulations is back in effect that were released in the fall. Sigh! But i gues it was way to optimistic to hope for a back to normal mode. Now the christmas party at work in next week is cancelled and i do understand the reasons but i miss being able to go to a gathering of people, shake strangers hands, hug friends and so on. I still feel so incredible silly doing that elbow-touchy-shaky thing that people do instead now, at least here. 

Flake, you are the hero of the day! Anyone who has you as a first responder is a real lucky person. 

Also, yesterday i had my first fall of the season. On my way to lunch i stepped on some invisible ice and there i was, lying in the gutter after my feet went up and my back came down. Luckily only pride was hurt.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    And no, i wasn’t hurt. Just embarrassed. 
    Thankful...💜 and I understand that.
    When I fell onto/into the tree I laughed my ass off but I was so embarrassed, the man who saw it was so concerned and I was just trying to get myself together so I could get the frick out of there. He was going back to his car the same time we arrived in the car park (it's a loop track) and when I saw him I told the others, we have to leave... now!😳☺ I trip a lot, I'm pretty accident prone. 🙄
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy