Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• I’m so glad it got to you before christmas! Truly a good day. 
    FlakeNoirMarshaKurbenGNTLGNTNotarocatNeesy
  • edited December 2021
    The problem with this though, my son will take my segment and add some really bizarre situation. He will make it so difficult. When i get his addition back, i’ll read it and think — what the hell am i supposed to do with that? 

He does it on purpose to make it almost undoable. Not to be mean at all, just as an ornery challenge. And he will cackle like a cackling cackler. 

Challenge … accepted. 

The first round-robin novella we did for Cemetery Dance was like that. F*ck with whoever comes next by painting them into a corner. The next one was more collaborative.
    KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacat
  • The problem with this though, my son will take my segment and add some really bizarre situation. He will make it so difficult. When i get his addition back, i’ll read it and think — what the hell am i supposed to do with that? 

He does it on purpose to make it almost undoable. Not to be mean at all, just as an ornery challenge. And he will cackle like a cackling cackler. 

Challenge … accepted. 
    ....given what I have seen of your work that has made me variously laugh/chortle/guffaw/hoot/holler or tinkle on myself-I can only imagine the heights and depths of hilarity this will achieve....
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacat
  • Kurben said:
    Yesterday my christmas present to myself arrived. 7 books i havent read and really want to read. I was afraid they wouldn't arrive before christmas because every package gets delayed in christmas time but it did!! Now the holiday is saved. I just started on The Outward Urge by John Wyndham. An author King called "Probably the best British SF-writer ever". That is great praise considering, that H.G.Wells, C.S. Lewis, Michael Moorcock, Brian Aldiss, Douglas Adams, J.G. Ballard and Stephen Baxter all are very good. I guess King recognizes a great storyteller when he sees one, add imagination plus a knowing how to end a story without it running on for too long and you got a great SF author. The Chrysalids is, IMO, his masterpiece. One of the best SF novels ever! I dont expect The Outward Urge to be as good but i have hopes.
    ....must be the last 7 books in the world then...you've devoured all others right?.... :D
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshacatNeesy
  • The problem with this though, my son will take my segment and add some really bizarre situation. He will make it so difficult. When i get his addition back, i’ll read it and think — what the hell am i supposed to do with that? 

Challenge … accepted. 

The first round-robin novella we did for Cemetery Dance was like that. F*ck with whoever comes next by painting them into a corner. The next one was more collaborative.
    He’s awful! One year — he was around 9??? every turn, he threw in Captain Crunch.  I did my damndest to write that bastard out of the story and he kept getting resurrected.   

I swear, if that little pirate shows up in this story — i will kill my kid and Captain Crunch can sail away victorious in a sea of milk!
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaBevVincentcat
  • Just to add, i did challenge HIS creativity by killing the captain off. He had to think of clever ways for him to get back in the story. 😃❤️
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNotarocat

Challenge … accepted. 

He’s awful! One year — he was around 9??? every turn, he threw in Captain Crunch.  I did my damndest to write that bastard out of the story and he kept getting resurrected.   

I swear, if that little pirate shows up in this story — i will kill my kid and Captain Crunch can sail away victorious in a sea of milk!
    Dont touch my cap39n crunch  - Meme by Dadehran123  Memedroid
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNotarocat
  • "as the Perseid Meteor Shower blazed along it's intergalactic trail, radioactive isotopes drizzled down like so much nuclear rain, dampening the bottom of Mother Nature's bowl of a valley. Captain Corpse's crunched limbs began to twitch in a spastic disco of reanimation"
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNotarocat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    "as the Perseid Meteor Shower blazed along it's intergalactic trail, radioactive isotopes drizzled down like so much nuclear rain, dampening the bottom of Mother Nature's bowl of a valley. Captain Corpse's crunched limbs began to twitch in a spastic disco of reanimation"
    Nice. Don’t give the brat any ideas!
    😄
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaNotarocat
  • I just got my son’s segment. No Capt Crunch. Or CapN . 

Wouldn’t he be surprised if i added him in?!!!! Bwahahaha!
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • I just got my son’s segment. No Capt Crunch. Or CapN . 

Wouldn’t he be surprised if i added him in?!!!! Bwahahaha!
    Do it... 😁
    MarshaNotaroGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerKurben
  • edited December 2021
    Out shopping...

FlakeNoirHedda GablercatGazmanMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • So pretty Irish, I wish we did Christmas this nicely. Maybe the bigger cities do and I just never see it.
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbencatMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Bright, colorful, festive and smart! I love smart people. 

Thanks for sharing. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbencatMarshaGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2021
    Dundrum looking good @Notaro, just a bit too far for me. Closer to Blanch and The Pavillions myself.
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Gazman said:
    Dundrum looking good @Notaro, just a bit too far for me. Closer to Blanch and The Pavillions myself.
    ....ok guys....just use yer secret squirrel codes....
    secret squirrel page  Secret squirrel Squirrel Cartoons comics
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarsha
  • ....those pod-appearing gimracks in the 11th pic down, are those like bus shelters bro?....(yeah I know....all the pretty lights, and I'm lookin' at that kind of stuff...)....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....those pod-appearing gimracks in the 11th pic down, are those like bus shelters bro?....(yeah I know....all the pretty lights, and I'm lookin' at that kind of stuff...)....
    They're alien landing sites.
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....those pod-appearing gimracks in the 11th pic down, are those like bus shelters bro?....(yeah I know....all the pretty lights, and I'm lookin' at that kind of stuff...)....
    They're actually booths for eating in, there's a few food vans and stalls, and a McDonald's and Burger King, so when Covid kicked in they put some enclosed booths around the place so people could eat feeling secure. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    They're actually booths for eating in, there's a few food vans and stalls, and a McDonald's and Burger King, so when Covid kicked in they put some enclosed booths around the place so people could eat feeling secure. 
    Cute. But I can't help be a little disappointed it wasn't aliens.
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2021
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Cute. But I can't help be a little disappointed it wasn't aliens.
    Well if ypu saw some of the people that ate in them you'd stick with your aliens theory 🤔
    FlakeNoirKurbencatHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Got my booster shot today along with the flu jab, no bad reaction so far, so all is good🙂
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Finished in work today, not back in until the 4th of January. Now it's just preparing for Christmas day, gotta collect the turkey and ham and all the veg required. No pressure😃
    MarshaGNTLGNTNeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoir