Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• ....I would tuck into that in a heartbeat!.....Taco Bell should add that to their gourmet selections.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I carefully made my way to grocery shop on frozen streets. I managed to walk without falling. 

I forgot to pick up my prescription. 🤓

tomorrow is another day, Scarlet. 
    funny Memes amp GIFs - Imgflip
    KurbenHedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Went to get my prescriptions that I forgot yesterday. Got irritated when I got there because they sent me a "don't forget to pick up" text yesterday...and when I got there today, there was a sign on the door with holiday hours...they weren't even open yesterday! Why send me a crappy text then? I would have been mad if I had remembered yesterday and then got there to find they were closed. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroKurbenNeesy
  • .....it's like the Squid Games for notions & potions.....CVS does that crap all the time around here....
    NotarocatFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Just back from a trip to the city centre.

GNTLGNTKurbencatFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • ...great share bro!....thank you.....I enjoyed the decoration over the street that in the day light, looks like a "face" with a stylized mustache.....
    NotaroKurbencatFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • edited December 2021
    Wonderful walk around Dublin with you, thanks so much for sharing, Irish.. that was brilliant. 

I never realised the Liffey was so wide, I love the bridges spanning it.
    Dublin is beautiful, the buildings are amazing... oh, the music wall of fame is very cool.

One thing, does Dublin know that it's giving off mixed signals? 🤔
    You have The Needle... standing all proud and screaming virility... then right in front of him you have a giant IUD... saying.. "Nope, not happenin'!" 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaKurbencat
  • ....there's also a flash of a certain Irishman's finger in there as well....please, joke away....a what she said free for all..... :D :D :D
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaKurbencat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....there's also a flash of a certain Irishman's finger in there as well....please, joke away....a what she said free for all..... :D :D :D
    And I saw his shadow too... my, he is a tall boy. ☺
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....there's also a flash of a certain Irishman's finger in there as well....please, joke away....a what she said free for all..... :D :D :D
    ....well thanks a pantsload!!....you saw his shadow so that means two more months of Winter.... :p
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshaKurbenNeesycat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....well thanks a pantsload!!....you saw his shadow so that means two more months of Winter.... :p
    That's pretty standard for this time of year isn't it? I don't think I can take the blame for that one. o:) Be thankful I didn't see it in late Spring. 😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacat
  • ....oh try to bury your scat in logic....
    Blah GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarshaKurbenNeesycat
  • Migrating to a new desktop computer. Always a pain--but the current one is 10+ years old and starting to make some strange noises.
    GNTLGNTNotaroMarshaKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • Migrating to a new desktop computer. Always a pain--but the current one is 10+ years old and starting to make some strange noises.

....I do that every day just trying to get out of bed.....
    NotaroMarshaKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Migrating to a new desktop computer. Always a pain--but the current one is 10+ years old and starting to make some strange noises.

....I do that every day just trying to get out of bed.....
    I thought everyone did those noices.........  I know i do
    NotaroNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacat
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:
    @FlakeNoir ; Yikes - I missed this entire page.  Cry yer pardon! Love the story! Your young man is very convincing and has most definitely inherited his mom's love of all creatures, especially those in most need of thy mercy (@not_nadine - did you hear the prayer there?)  I'm excited for you and the other parent was outnumbered on the vote 2:1.  

@Neesy Hi you!! Got your email and will respond soon. I had hoped to do much internetting on this holiday but my sister tells me Uncle Bill has no internet. The Ogre has a gadget I can take with me if I can get Verizon cell service, but that is extremely doubtful.  A holler is a between two mountains or hills - it blocks everything and haints get caught in between and can't fly away.  

@Hedda Gabler I do pork medallions often - get your pan nice and hot - like heat for a few minutes on med high (I do 5).  Put oil in pan firstly - I like a combo of olive oil and canola. I pound the medallions down a bit with a mallet so they aren't so thick but if your's are stuffed, you may want to skip that.  When pan is sizzling hot, add the meat and turn down the heat 1 notch. Sear about 2/ 3/4 minutes per side, (I have nifty sand timers for that - the squeal of the stove times is horrifying).  Using tongs, flip & repeat - if the meat is nicely seared it will lift off easily. I then add some butter and spoon over the seared meat- Gordon Ramsey taught me this trick. If you feel it needs more cooking - stick the entire pan in the oven for a bit, but don't overcook.   

Thanks Holly - I am going to be starting the Christmas cards soon - hope all is well!

Update - December 23rd - yikes (facepalm) - I have not sent out one single card - we got some bad news lately regarding Andy's health and I just haven't felt very Christmasy - we don't have a tree up and the house is not decorated.

We will at least have a nice meal on Christmas - we usually have good food all year round anyway

Oh yeah - back to the "What are you doing today?" thread - today Josh and I are going to donate blood at Canadian Blood Services - we are both O positive

I hope everything will be good for andy — be of good cheer, Xmas miracles coming your way!

FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    Neesy said:
    Neesy said:
    @FlakeNoir ; Yikes - I missed this entire page.  Cry yer pardon! Love the story! Your young man is very convincing and has most definitely inherited his mom's love of all creatures, especially those in most need of thy mercy (@not_nadine - did you hear the prayer there?)  I'm excited for you and the other parent was outnumbered on the vote 2:1.  

@Neesy Hi you!! Got your email and will respond soon. I had hoped to do much internetting on this holiday but my sister tells me Uncle Bill has no internet. The Ogre has a gadget I can take with me if I can get Verizon cell service, but that is extremely doubtful.  A holler is a between two mountains or hills - it blocks everything and haints get caught in between and can't fly away.  

@Hedda Gabler I do pork medallions often - get your pan nice and hot - like heat for a few minutes on med high (I do 5).  Put oil in pan firstly - I like a combo of olive oil and canola. I pound the medallions down a bit with a mallet so they aren't so thick but if your's are stuffed, you may want to skip that.  When pan is sizzling hot, add the meat and turn down the heat 1 notch. Sear about 2/ 3/4 minutes per side, (I have nifty sand timers for that - the squeal of the stove times is horrifying).  Using tongs, flip & repeat - if the meat is nicely seared it will lift off easily. I then add some butter and spoon over the seared meat- Gordon Ramsey taught me this trick. If you feel it needs more cooking - stick the entire pan in the oven for a bit, but don't overcook.   

Thanks Holly - I am going to be starting the Christmas cards soon - hope all is well!

Update - December 23rd - yikes (facepalm) - I have not sent out one single card - we got some bad news lately regarding Andy's health and I just haven't felt very Christmasy - we don't have a tree up and the house is not decorated.

We will at least have a nice meal on Christmas - we usually have good food all year round anyway

Oh yeah - back to the "What are you doing today?" thread - today Josh and I are going to donate blood at Canadian Blood Services - we are both O positive

I hope everything will be good for andy — be of good cheer, Xmas miracles coming your way!

Thanks - I have decided to look at it in a positive light i.e. hoping the chemo will work for him - I appreciate the good thoughts <3

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm sorry to hear you're both on this journey, Neesy. My best wishes that Andy's treatment will be successful and I hope he'll have minimal side effects. Be kind to yourselves and each other, it's a very stressful experience for you both. 💜

Marsha said:

Thanks - I have decided to look at it in a positive light i.e. hoping the chemo will work for him - I appreciate the good thoughts <3

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm so sorry to see that Andy is needing chemo again. Sending positive healing vibes to (((all of you))).

GNTLGNT said:
    Screw Cancer Tshirt  Etsy

Thanks all! It takes time to get used to, but once he starts his treatment maybe he will feel less anxious
    <3
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacat
  • Neesy said:
    Neesy said:
    Neesy said:

FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    Neesy said:
    Neesy said:

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm sorry to hear you're both on this journey, Neesy. My best wishes that Andy's treatment will be successful and I hope he'll have minimal side effects. Be kind to yourselves and each other, it's a very stressful experience for you both. 💜

Marsha said:

Merry Christmas to all!

I'm so sorry to see that Andy is needing chemo again. Sending positive healing vibes to (((all of you))).

GNTLGNT said:
    Screw Cancer Tshirt  Etsy

Thanks all! It takes time to get used to, but once he starts his treatment maybe he will feel less anxious
    <3
    The anxiety is normal Neesy, anything goes... make up your own rules, nothing needs doing on time, people can wait.
    One day before the next, make your world smaller for a little while if you can. It really does help if you give up the stresses that don't need your attention. 💜
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacatNeesy
  • Finished a Masterclass by Futura — graffiti artist. Creative.  I tried to graffiti my fence in my garden area one year. 

I’ll just say this  —  Graffiti is hard. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirMarshacatdoyoulove19
  • edited December 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    Bad Graffiti Sign  Silly Bunt  Jokes pics Internet funny Graffiti
    Seriously. That’s pretty much what mine looked like.
    i had envisioned a field of grasses and flowers. It looked great in my mind, translation got very lost. Like face on a milk carton lost. 

Futura apparently toured with The Clash. During their concerts, he would be in the background behind the band painting some huge mural. 

His opportunities have been amazing and he was a very kind and generous encourager. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarshacatdoyoulove19
  • New PC is set up, all files transferred, all programs reinstalled. Working on a new short story that I've been dreaming about for the past few days.
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Hallo, my friends. In an hour its a new year here. I have done absolutely nothing today. Felt great. At midnight i plan to stroll out to the balcony, watch some fireworks and drink a glass of elderflower booze to great the new year. No big parties and i will definitely keep a safe distance!! Be safe and enjoy the new year!!
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Hallo, my friends. In an hour its a new year here. I have done absolutely nothing today. Felt great. At midnight i plan to stroll out to the balcony, watch some fireworks and drink a glass of elderflower booze to great the new year. No big parties and i will definitely keep a safe distance!! Be safe and enjoy the new year!!
    Sounds lovely and peaceful, happy new year Kurben. 🎉🍾
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatHedda GablerMarshaNeesy