Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ...is it possible to just do a local block instead of general anesthesia?...I can't recall the type of work needing done....
    I'm not sure. They did both a local and general last time. He tolerated the local fine, it was when they administered the general that he crashed. I'm sure he will discuss all possible options with the surgeon. 

He has 3 torn muscles that need repaired in there. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Y'all. I've had a day, what a day I've had. Have I told you I quit my job? I don't think I have. I did that right before I went to KY.  I'm wrapping up my calendar year end duties, and that's it.  Likely it will be Jan 31st or thereabouts.  But I have to find something else.  We can coast a little while if we need to, but I can't retire - I am resigning.  My boss keeps saying that I'm retiring - the truth hurts.

I got sick right after we got home from KY after Thanksgiving. Then we had company for 2 weekends in a row. Then we got Covid sick just in time for Christmas. Our youngest  daughter and I got it (the boys have had their boosters, I had to wait because I was sick with something not covid.) Bah humbug.  Then my coworker got sick, so work is just killing me hard. 

@Hedda Gabler so true about art.  What kind of art are you drawn to - what to you like to have in your house and surroundings.  I like all things steampunk. But I also like bright colors. And anthropomorphic art (taheens!).  Have you seen the documentary on Amazon Prime about the Met?  I liked it.

I'm about to go marinate in a bubble bath with a glass of wine.  I was so tense all day, all my muscles are aching.  I hope it's the job making me stressed and just me. I've been there so long, I'm not sure.  You know what they say:  Wherever you go...there you are. Here's hoping it's not me. Cheers!

Wow Holly - good luck with finding a new job - I will say a prayer for you (or should I say 'y'all'? A bubble bath sounds lovely right now - take care of yourself - it will get better!

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcatKurben
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...yep, want to know how the appointment goes....not the oil change one either....that's sort of predictable.....going to help Tracy throw the rest of the Christmas decos back into storage today as they have overtaken our spare bedroom like Tribbles on speed...
    Sounds like they are a living, growing organism!!
    ...and if I don't help out, I'll quickly be added to the extinction list....
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...yep, want to know how the appointment goes....not the oil change one either....that's sort of predictable.....going to help Tracy throw the rest of the Christmas decos back into storage today as they have overtaken our spare bedroom like Tribbles on speed...
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Ah, well, at least that should be good motivation. There is nothing like the survival instinct!!
    (and i dont know why it became thrice as many as needed....)

Hey Kurben! You used the word 'thrice' - I love that! One hardly ever hears that word anymore

Not much happening around here at the moment - Josh went for a long walk in the park and I am thinking of what to make for supper

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcatKurben
  • cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...is it possible to just do a local block instead of general anesthesia?...I can't recall the type of work needing done....
    I'm not sure. They did both a local and general last time. He tolerated the local fine, it was when they administered the general that he crashed. I'm sure he will discuss all possible options with the surgeon. 

He has 3 torn muscles that need repaired in there. 
    ...maybe a local combined with Versed to do what they call "twilighing"....he won't remember anything, but won't be as deep under as general sedation would put him...whatever they decide, I hope for the best....
    NotarocatFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Ah, well, at least that should be good motivation. There is nothing like the survival instinct!!
    (and i dont know why it became thrice as many as needed....)

Hey Kurben! You used the word 'thrice' - I love that! One hardly ever hears that word anymore

Not much happening around here at the moment - Josh went for a long walk in the park and I am thinking of what to make for supper

Thats like all spaghetti i ever made.......
    FlakeNoirNotarocatHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • much to do today. 4 people at work was working from home because of positive tests, they have no real symtoms but if you test positive you stay home for a week, thats the rule. Soon i'm the only one there who has never had it it!! With my work i cant work from home so must not get it. Will get my third shot next week.
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • Kurben said:
    much to do today. 4 people at work was working from home because of positive tests, they have no real symtoms but if you test positive you stay home for a week, thats the rule. Soon i'm the only one there who has never had it it!! With my work i cant work from home so must not get it. Will get my third shot next week.
    ....fingers crossed.....it's wreaking havoc in so many obvious and not so obvious ways....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotarocatMarsha
  • Fridays work is over!!!!!!! A weekend is before me!!!!!! I have well developed plans to leave bed and/or coach as little as possible. The thought of snuggle down in the bed with a couple of pillows behind me and two blankets over me, some little snack (dryroasted cashewnuts) and something to drink on the bedside table and a book is very entizing.....
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerNotarocatMarshaNeesy
  • Beautiful day today so i ventured out and had me a lovely meal of a BIG beefsteak, fries and bearnaicesauce. add a salad and you're set to go. It was actually really good!! Just what i needed. Right now i have entered the Food-coma state when all your energy is sent down to the stomach to deal with new arrivals and all your body manage to do is lie down and take it cool.....
    Hedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Reading. I must get through my pile of books. 

First, i may need to nap. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenMarshaNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Reading. I must get through my pile of books. 

First, i may need to nap. 
    ....little else finer than a comfy chair and nodding off with a good book in your arms....
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • My wife and I fixed our clothes drier and are feeling very pleased with ourselves about it! A $9 part and a couple of YouTube videos was all it took to accomplish the feat.
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • ...that's how my oldest does his car repair....wrench in one hand, cell phone in the other....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarshacat
  • ....Tracy told me yesterday, that the local HS football coach gave each of his players an assignment yesterday.....community service....they were required to help someone out that needed snow shoveling done, at no cost and then bring some type of proof they had done so.....I applaud his outside the field thinking.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesy
  • ...been rather slooooooooowww with postings the last few days eh?.....

It39s quiet Too quiet  Funny dog pictures Cats Hotdog dog
    MarshaKurbenFlakeNoircatHedda GablerNeesy
  • Still working on decluttering and reorganizing around here. Is that a job that ever ends? Because for every little thing I get done, seems like I uncover 10 more things to do.  

I pushed hard on Friday and Saturday. Have a big pile of stuff ready to haul off.  Think today I will just do a little wash and do a lot of TV watching. 🙂
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • cat said:
    Still working on decluttering and reorganizing around here. Is that a job that ever ends? Because for every little thing I get done, seems like I uncover 10 more things to do.  

I pushed hard on Friday and Saturday. Have a big pile of stuff ready to haul off.  Think today I will just do a little wash and do a lot of TV watching. 🙂
    ...and all the "but first" projects that rear their ugly heads....I swear, we do this just like you Cat, and somebody drags the crap back in when we're not looking.....
    catKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Still working on decluttering and reorganizing around here. Is that a job that ever ends? Because for every little thing I get done, seems like I uncover 10 more things to do.  

...and all the "but first" projects that rear their ugly heads....I swear, we do this just like you Cat, and somebody drags the crap back in when we're not looking.....
    Yes! 😄 I am guilty of "but first". I just said it yesterday! Ali was helping me but instead of what we were doing she wanted to get going on my SK bookcase. It is actually a big china hutch and the last one I need to move. The biggest, plus that means the largest number of books sitting around in piles, and some of my most precious ones to boot.  I told her "But first," I have to do a) b) c) and then do x) y) z) and then we'll move it. And I'm sure the rest of the alphabet will need done in the middle somewhere too. 🤦‍♀️
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Reading and did the laundry in between chapters.... I dont have a dryer so hopefully will have dried to tomorrow. Now it is at least hanged up to dry in the bathroom....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • 18 Best Clothes-Drying Racks 2022  The Strategist...collapsible clothes drying rack Kurb.....
    catMarshaKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Heading to the grocery store today. That has become a coupon wielding, multi-store shopping adventure these days between price increases and shortages. 🙄 Hoping it is not a frustrating trip, going on Monday. Either everything will be gone or I'll hit it just right after a restock. 

Making enchiladas again tonight, Evan and Hannah are coming for dinner to celebrate his 20th birthday. It was the 17th but tonight was the soonest Hannah was off work to be able to come over with him. 

Have a good day everyone. Big hugs and positive vibes to all. ❤️ 
    MarshaKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy