Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Well, havent been doing much today. Have somehow managed to injure my foot. I asked a muscle doctor through a video meeting about it and she said that the symtoms and how it looked made her think it was the tendon that goes from the calf to the big toe following the side/sole of the foot that was in bad shape. No way to be completely sure without some kind of apparatus checking it. She ordered rest and Ibuprofen tablets to lessen the pain. And if i had a muscle ointment at home that was ok to spread over the hurting area. But above all rest the muscle which mean so little walking as possible or it won't have a chance to heal. So i talked with my boss about it and we agreed that it was wisest to get rid of this so i have been home today doing nothing. Thursday was kind really painful but is better today and i plan to continue doing nothing. I want to be able to walk properly!
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablercatMarshaNeesy
  • The flexor hallucis longus (FHL) tendon 
    Flexor Hallucis Longus Tendonitis - PhysioAdvisor...keep the leg elevated Kurb, and only weight bear as needed....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatMarsha
  • I don't think I've ever written two complete short stories in one day before. I have been thinking about one of them for quite a while but the other one came to me in the waking hours this morning and I had to put it down to get it out of my head. It's nasty and icky and I had to get rid of it, so I wrote it and sent it in! The other one is less icky, although it does have a decomposing corpse in it.
    not_nadineFlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablercatMarshaNeesyHollyGolightly
  • I don't think I've ever written two complete short stories in one day before. I have been thinking about one of them for quite a while but the other one came to me in the waking hours this morning and I had to put it down to get it out of my head. It's nasty and icky and I had to get rid of it, so I wrote it and sent it in! The other one is less icky, although it does have a decomposing corpse in it.
    "Break a pen", Bev. That's fantastic! I hope they grow legs and infect us all.
    (Maybe not the best of times to say this, but I mean well.)
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablercatMarshaNeesyHollyGolightly
  • Today i had a magnificent lunchmeal at an Indian restaurant. Beef Vindaloo with rice, two kind of weird but very good sauces and a big, incredible yummy, garlic Nan bread. These garlic Nan bread are so damn tasty i could eat a meal with just them. For that amount of food quite a decent price too. 
    catHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesyHollyGolightly
  • Kurben said:
    Today i had a magnificent lunchmeal at an Indian restaurant. Beef Vindaloo with rice, two kind of weird but very good sauces and a big, incredible yummy, garlic Nan bread. These garlic Nan bread are so damn tasty i could eat a meal with just them. For that amount of food quite a decent price too. 
    I live naan bread!
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTcatHollyGolightly
  • Delicious Kurben! One of my favourite takeaway meals.
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTcatHollyGolightly
  • ....have never had the opportunity for Indian cuisine here in Appalachia.....
    KurbencatHollyGolightly
  • edited February 2022
    Sticking close to home today but my cousin and I took a mini road trip yesterday as we were having cabin fever. Did a lot of shopping and found a fantastic bargain at the Kiwanis Thrift Shop. It's a 4-shaft table loom that I paid $50 for. Knew it was a great score but not just how much until I got home and looked it up and found the retail price for a new one is $799!!! I'm pretty sure all the parts are there so guess the person who donated just didn't know what they had when they gave it to the Kiwanis group. They could have gotten a lot more on eBay. Not sure if I'll actually do any weaving this year but couldn't pass it up. I almost did but for once the voice telling me Buy it, you know you want it was right. :D

GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesyHollyGolightly
  • Marsha said:
    Sticking close to home today but my cousin and I took a mini road trip yesterday as we were having cabin fever. Did a lot of shopping and found a fantastic bargain at the Kiwanis Thrift Shop. It's a 4-shaft table loom that I paid $50 for. Knew it was a great score but not just how much until I got home and looked it up and found the retail price for a new one is $799!!! I'm pretty sure all the parts are there so guess the person who donated just didn't know what they had when they gave it to the Kiwanis group. They could have gotten a lot more on eBay. Not sure if I'll actually do any weaving this year but couldn't pass it up. I almost did but for once the voice telling me Buy it, you know you want it was right. :D

Brilliant! (imagine what Shy Dove would make of it)
    NotaroHedda GablerMarshacatGNTLGNTNeesyHollyGolightly
  • ....I am going to my father-in-laws today and help him put together the wheeled snow shovel I got him.....he is 80, and no plow for his yard tractor.....trying to do it by himself...I bought one last year, and it makes the chore a whole bunch easier.....

Wheeled Snow Shovel Steel 30in Dia
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesyMarshaHollyGolightly
  • Went to Dun Laoghaire this morning....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesyGrant87MarshaHollyGolightly
  • What kind of sea life do the  fisherman go out for?
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTcatMarshaHollyGolightly
  • I think most of the boats on view there Hedda are from the local yacht club. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatMarshaHollyGolightly
  • Great snaps, looks like a lovely area to go for a weekend walk. 
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatMarshaHollyGolightly
  • It generally is a lovely walk Flakes, but the weather was too bad today to enjoy it🌧
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatMarshaHollyGolightly
  • I'm sorry that was the case. 😔 It's very pretty there.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcatMarshaHollyGolightly
  • edited February 2022
    Notaro said:
    Went to Dun Laoghaire this morning....

That cannon... I wonder if this is a universal thing, or if I have just raised a bunch of sickos.  🤔
    But, I have photos of every male child ( except the last one, guess we didn't get out as much with him) sitting astride a cannon much like this one. Proud as punch. 🙄😁
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesyMarshaHollyGolightly
  • drinking an iced coffee. Reading. Watching TV. Eating Lima Beans — a true gift from the Gods.

Let there be light and lima beans — it says that in Genesis.  Go look. I’ll wait. 

I think I need a nap. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesyMarshaHollyGolightly
  • Ewww to the Lima beans girl. (though... um, God? If there be Lima beans, let DJ have them all)

It's Sunday and raining for the second day. I don't mind at all.
    I'm sitting on the couch sipping coffee while reading Billy Summers. Lovely. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesyMarshaHollyGolightly
  • drinking an iced coffee. Reading. Watching TV. Eating Lima Beans — a true gift from the Gods.

Let there be light and lima beans — it says that in Genesis.  Go look. I’ll wait. 

I think I need a nap. 

Lima Beans Face Masks  Fine Art America....."And you lima beans, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.".....Genesis 9:7......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatMarshaHollyGolightly
  • ....Hey Irish!....where is this Dumb Longhair?......or did I mispronounce again?.....
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Hey Irish!....where is this Dumb Longhair?......or did I mispronounce again?.....
    No Scott you nailed it😁

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dún_Laoghaire
  • ....ok, Dunleary I can handle......I'm only 5% Irish.....the Scottish is overriding my dialectical abilities.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablercatNeesyMarshaHollyGolightly