Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Not doing much today but tomorrow I will go to Tai Chi in the morning - I miss the old emojis we used to have at SKMB - one of them was a Tai Chi monkey who moved

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatMarsha
  • Coffee. Parking lot sitter. 

Just a heads up — you might have a parking lot sitter. Someone people watching. Be on your best behavior because if they are like me, they are wondering what the fuck you are doing. 
    KurbencatGNTLGNTMarshaSundropNeesy
  • Reading. 256 pages into Gwendy. It is a perfect Saturday afternoon. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaSundropNeesy
  • ....I pulled a full on cartoon fall at work the other day...floor greasy, I didn't see...both feet out from under me and I crashed to the floor like a freshly cut redwood....gotta admit, it hurt...a lot....but I hit head first...so there's that....no permanent damage....just sore as hell.....chiropractor said I should be able to limbo again in no time....
    MarshaHedda GablerKurbencatSundropNeesyNotaro
  • Watch yourself. You don’t want to go Full Metal Sagat. 
    catMarshaGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • Healing vibes, @GNTLGNT

KurbenHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • Stay safe and heal well @GNTLGNT
    KurbenHedda GablercatMarshaGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I pulled a full on cartoon fall at work the other day...floor greasy, I didn't see...both feet out from under me and I crashed to the floor like a freshly cut redwood....gotta admit, it hurt...a lot....but I hit head first...so there's that....no permanent damage....just sore as hell.....chiropractor said I should be able to limbo again in no time....

Lots of healing vibes for the bruises coming your way.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesyNotaro
  • Coffee. Parking lot sitter. 

Just a heads up — you might have a parking lot sitter. Someone people watching. Be on your best behavior because if they are like me, they are wondering what the fuck you are doing. 
    I do this more often than I should......but it's so dang entertaining, and I even learn things!  Did you know that every person, young and old alike, has to squeal "WhooHoo" (or something similar) when they walk into the ocean?  Well, they do. It must be some kind of law or something!  
    One of my favorite beach activities is people watching as I soak up the sun.  It's perfect, because I'm wearing sunglasses, and nobody knows that I'm watching them.  BF makes fun of me because he catches me laughing out loud at what appears to be no reason.  
    MarshaGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatNeesyNotaro
  • Looking for a new sewing machine.  The hand wheel flew off of mine while winding a bobbin, and now it won't work at all.  
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshacatNeesyNotaro
  • I submitted seven short stories this weekend, including one I dreamed up last night, wrote and edited today. That makes a grand total of 21 currently in the hands of editors. I have five more short story markets I want to address before turning my attention to two novellas.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyKurbenNotaroMarshacatSundrop
  • ....dang!......
    Hedda GablerNeesyKurbenNotaroMarshacat
  • I submitted seven short stories this weekend, including one I dreamed up last night, wrote and edited today. That makes a grand total of 21 currently in the hands of editors. I have five more short story markets I want to address before turning my attention to two novellas.
    One provisional acceptance from this weekend's batch already! (The submission period is still open, so the editor can't make a formal offer yet, but he loved the story.)
    not_nadineHedda GablerKurbenNeesyGNTLGNTNotaroMarshacat
  • This is just terrific. You got this down to a science. 
    KurbenNeesyGNTLGNTNotaroMarshacat
  • This is just terrific. You got this down to a science. 
    An equally rapid rejection for another story!
    NeesyGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroMarshacat
  • Today I guess I should pop over to the pharmacy - the doctor is worried about my blood pressure which is 150/90 so he's going to put me on Micardis (telmisartan)
    He didn't say if I should continue using amlodipine or not

@GNTLGNT - any comments? I am trying to reduce my weight so I figure eventually that will help as I lose more

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroMarshacatSundrop
  • ...weight loss will help and I found no interactions between the two drugs....not sure why the dose of amlodipine wasn't adjusted first....
    NeesyHedda GablerKurbenNotaroMarshacatSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...weight loss will help and I found no interactions between the two drugs....not sure why the dose of amlodipine wasn't adjusted first....

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaroMarshacat

You're a writing machine! Sending lots of good luck your way for acceptances.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerBevVincentcat
  • Chapters is saved, after closing in January the bookstore has been reopened under new ownership......I'm just delighted at this news....

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2022/0311/1285862-chapters-bookstore/
    GNTLGNTMarshaHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbencatNeesy
  • ....the new owners shouldn't be amazed, us book lovers like our binder's glue high....
    MarshaHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroKurbencatNeesy