Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Going to the movies to see Death on the Nile. It's only $4 for seniors during the week before 4 PM so taking advantage.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotarocatNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Going to the movies to see Death on the Nile. It's only $4 for seniors during the week before 4 PM so taking advantage.
    ....I took Tracy on a getaway weekend last weekend, and used my senior discount...decided to embrace my senility....
    MarshaHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotarocatNeesySundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:
    Going to the movies to see Death on the Nile. It's only $4 for seniors during the week before 4 PM so taking advantage.
    ....I took Tracy on a getaway weekend last weekend, and used my senior discount...decided to embrace my senility....

Win-win!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNotarocatNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    I'm really looking forward to this one, but we're waiting for it to come on streaming.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Chapters is saved, after closing in January the bookstore has been reopened under new ownership......I'm just delighted at this news....

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2022/0311/1285862-chapters-bookstore/
    That is terrific and hopefully nice people are taking over. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:
    Did you get any ghost tours in?
    FlakeNoirKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTMarshacatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Chapters is saved, after closing in January the bookstore has been reopened under new ownership......I'm just delighted at this news....

Seriously? That's brilliant news, I'm so wrapped to read this! 😊
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacatNeesy
  • Notaro said:

FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

😳 "Wrapped"?! 🙄

In a message about a book store.
    On a writer's website. 

I was "rapt" Irish. Completely rapt to hear that Chapters lives again.
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacatNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

😳 "Wrapped"?! 🙄

On a writer's website. 

I think "Wrapped" was a great invention of the language, Flake!!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshacatFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Marsha said:
    Did you get any ghost tours in?
    ...nope.....just some together time.....ectoplasm not welcome....
    Hedda GablerMarshacatFlakeNoirKurbenNotaroNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    I'm really looking forward to this one, but we're waiting for it to come on streaming.

We really enjoyed it. I haven't read the book, so didn't know ahead whodunnit. There were only 2 other people in the screening room with us which helped our comfort level and another reason for going to a weekday matinee besides the cheaper ticket price.

The next one we'll be going to will be The Lost City which comes out on March 25th. It's being compared to Romancing the Stone.
    Hedda GablerBevVincentcatFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I read the book a long time ago. I vaguely remember how the murder was committed.
    catFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

😳 "Wrapped"?! 🙄

On a writer's website. 

I think "Wrapped" was a great invention of the language, Flake!!
    😁☺ Thanks Kurben, unfortunately I'm full of those kinds of inventions. 😬
    KurbenNotarocatGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited March 2022
    It’s a cold, dreary day. I will do the best things for a day like this.  Coffee. Groceries. Parking lot sit. 

Will do some Dark Shadows. Listen to a podcast, a radio drama, a levar burton reads. I will keep moving through listening to and reading Paul McCartney’s The Lyrics, unwad my panties for more anxious The Crooked Hinge reading. 

I am making onion dip and will chip myself silly full. Somewhere in all that bustle, there will be napping. 

A cat will paw my face and whisper, “you. I love only you.”

men in white coats may or may not show up. 

FlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Had Spencer here today. Brandon and Marti were playing in a volleyball tournament where the proceeds go to fund a scholarship and Sage was with her Girl Scout buddies doing Girl Scout things. 

We went to the park for a bit, he played with play-doh, he was very good. He was disappointed when Mom and Dad came to get him because I made spaghetti for dinner and he wanted some. 😄
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • cat said:
    Had Spencer here today. Brandon and Marti were playing in a volleyball tournament where the proceeds go to fund a scholarship and Sage job was with her Girl Scout buddies doing Girl Scout things. 

We went to the park for a bit, he played with play-doh, he was very good. He was disappointed when Mom and Dad came to get him because I made spaghetti for dinner and he wanted some. 😄
    This tickles me you had some Spencer time. One in one is so important . 
    FlakeNoirKurbencatGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I had a talk with my boss today. She was very pleased with how everything had turned out and said that though nothing is signed yet she is working on an extension of my contract to the end of the year. Said to prepare for it mentally at least. After that much will depend on what economic frames the court get to work with and that in turn may depend on which parties win the election in septemper. Sounds promising.
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesySundrop
  • Kurben said:
    I had a talk with my boss today. She was very pleased with how everything had turned out and said that though nothing is signed yet she is working on an extension of my contract to the end of the year. Said to prepare for it mentally at least. After that much will depend on what economic frames the court get to work with and that in turn may depend on which parties win the election in septemper. Sounds promising.
    Fantastic Kurben! My fingers are crossed 🤞 and I'm sending good energy that this will become a permanent position for you.
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • catcat
    edited March 2022
    Finally are all finished having to deal with stupid Liberty Mutual. They sat on the settlement for 10 days then argued over sending the payment. They wanted the title first and the bank said uh-uh. We get the money then you get the title. So they sent the money, but only sent the payoff to the bank. They didn't send the difference to us. So we had to wait another darn week to get our share of it and had no car because they wouldn't authorize me having the rental any longer. 🙄🤬 In my opinion they are a bad company. And I wouldn't voluntarily ever do business with them. 

But! Ours came today. We are going tomorrow to pick up my new car. The deal is done, all that is left is signing the paperwork. This is it...

I'm so excited. 😁
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotaroSundrop
  • Whoa Cat... gorgeous ride! So sorry this turned into such a headache for you all, I'm glad it ended well though.
    catKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • ....good luck Kurbs....keeping distal phalanges crossed....
    KurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyNotaro
  • ....glad you're shuck of that worthless company Cat and the new ride is screamin' sexy....

Volkswagen memes Best Collection of funny Volkswagen pictures on Americas  best pics and videos
    catKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesyNotaroSundrop
  • Nice ride cat!

yay kurben!
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoircatNeesyNotaro
  • I LOVE IT! I wasn't sure about the red...but it is gorgeous in person. 

I got 50 mpg on the way home. 

Just had a parent meeting for track with Ali and then I took her for a quick little ride and now we are back at school, she has a band concert soon. 
    NeesyNotaroHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTSundrop