Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....soooooo, my day has been a complete dumpster fire.....started when I put a scratch & dent in the Tracy's car door with the weedeater as I was walking by....the car door I just had repaired :#.....then I stepped in a hole while I was cutting and wrenched my back....finished this awesome day off by trying to tear the top off a drink flavoring pack for my water bottle and instead of the top stripping off as it should-the whole damn thing tore down the side, covering me in orange powder......I'm just going to wander off into the woods and let the coyotes gnaw on me..... 
    My sympathies Scott, I can relate, I've had a crappy couple of days trying to sort out my boiler, god damn thing was acting whacky, pressure was building up even when it was switched off. Seem to have it under control now but for a while there I thought I was looking a a €2500 bill for a new boiler😭
    Kubrick39s The Shining - Wednesday Part One
    NotaroHedda GablerMarsha
  • https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/17-missionaries-including-5-children-kidnapped-in-haiti-ministry-says/ar-AAPDmIh?ocid=hponeservicefeed

...some of these folks are from just down the road, here in my local area....good thoughts and many prayers if you would please....may the kidnappers rot in hell...
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/17-missionaries-including-5-children-kidnapped-in-haiti-ministry-says/ar-AAPDmIh?ocid=hponeservicefeed

...some of these folks are from just down the road, here in my local area....good thoughts and many prayers if you would please....may the kidnappers rot in hell...
    Yes, prayers for all.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Christian Aid Ministries includes Amish, Mennonite and other conservative and Baptist denominations and has worked in Haiti as part of its global mission “to minister to physical and spiritual needs.” Workers returned to Haiti last year after staying away for nine months because of safety concerns stemming from gang violence.

....the most gentle of people, yanked into a nightmare over trying to help others...I'm no believer in God, you all know that, I'm an agnostic.....yet, even I am offering prayers to whatever is out there that these folks are quickly and safely rescued.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • edited October 2021
    Was in Pearse museum at the weekend, Patrick and his brother William were leaders in the 1916 rising, the school they ran just up the road from my house was turned into a museum to honour their memory.

"Pearse Museum | An enthralling chapter in the story of 1916" https://pearsemuseum.ie

Took a couple of snaps, 

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Wow, these are incredible... thanks for sharing them Irish.  The Easter Rising fascinates me.
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • @Notaro have you read the book "The Home Life of Patrick Pearse"? It would be interesting to see the other sister's account and what prompted the falling out in the family. 

This is so fascinating and what a tumultuous time. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • No Flakes I haven't read anything about the rising at all. I used to talk to my grandmother about it, she was in her mid teens when it happened, she would tell me what she experienced. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    No Flakes I haven't read anything about the rising at all. I used to talk to my grandmother about it, she was in her mid teens when it happened, she would tell me what she experienced. 
    Ahhh.. our wonderful Nana's and their amazing stories. 💚
  • ....that fireplace is incredibly beautiful.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....that fireplace is incredibly beautiful.....
    Isn't it gorgeous? 

I was taking the virtual tours last night, Irish did you guys walk through St. Edna's Park as well? It reminded me a lot of some of your other photos, maybe from Marlay Park?
  • Yes Flakes we walked through it, we go there quite a lot, its a very pleasant walk, it's about a 10 minute stroll from my house. Marlay is further up, about a 20 minute walk away. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    Yes Flakes we walked through it, we go there quite a lot, its a very pleasant walk, it's about a 10 minute stroll from my house. Marlay is further up, about a 20 minute walk away. 
    It's all so beautiful, I love those parks...especially Marlay. The history and heritage is really lovely, quite 'otherworldly ' to me... but also close to home.
    I know that really makes no sense. 🙄
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • I didn't know there were virtual tours available 🤔
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • edited October 2021
    Notaro said:
    I didn't know there were virtual tours available 🤔
    They were in the link you left yesterday. 
    There's a virtual tour of both inside and in the garden,  it's really great and it has captions of all the written material in your photos.

Emmet's Block is kinda freaky...😳
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • Notaro said:
    There is a bit about him and the block (bloc) in the virtual tour and your snaps.
    The block has quite some significance in Irish freedom. 
  • There was also a small art exhibition up on the third floor of the museum....

FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Oh I love this...am in work right now, but will come back to it later.
  • Oh I have several favourites here... give me a minute. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarsha

• In the last one we see a young Irish sitting next to his stack of DVD's.
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:

In the last one we see a young Irish sitting next to his stack of DVD's.
    A fledgling collector in the making😁😀
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • edited October 2021
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:

In the last one we see a young Irish sitting next to his stack of DVD's.
    A fledgling collector in the making😁😀
    That was my impression. 😊
    NotaroGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • That was my impression. 😊

....I see what you did there.....art humor.....very highbrow..... :D 
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    That was my impression. 😊

....I see what you did there.....art humor.....very highbrow..... :D