Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ....thanks everybody!.....no, they don't know as yet.....since Roller men don't seem to be able to produce girls-Imma guess it'll be another lil feller.....I like being a Pap, not sure how good I am at it....but I know I love em.....
    Please just make sure they don’t do some stupid  gender reveal stunt that lights Seth’s ass hairs on fire and permanently dyes cici’s skin pink or blue.   

….well siht….that’s what I had planned….

Hedda Gablerdoyoulove19catNotaroMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....thanks everybody!.....no, they don't know as yet.....since Roller men don't seem to be able to produce girls-Imma guess it'll be another lil feller.....I like being a Pap, not sure how good I am at it....but I know I love em.....
    Please just make sure they don’t do some stupid  gender reveal stunt that lights Seth’s ass hairs on fire and permanently dyes cici’s skin pink or blue.   

….well siht….that’s what I had planned….

I’m such a killjoy. 

If that plan stays in place… well… video!!!!!!
    doyoulove19catKurbenNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Kurben, can you give us a hello?
    doyoulove19catspideymanKurbenNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Hi everyone!  Just caught up on this thread so know that I am wishing you good vibes on everything that I liked, hearted or  :o 'ed.    <3

Still doing 2 jobs, but we are finally interviewing and hope to hire 2 people to fill vacant spots before the end of the month.  That will be amazing.  I am stretched pretty darn thin.  Which is ironic, since I haven't lost a pound.  Sigh.  Anyway, my baby girl started her senior year on 9/8.  Fingers crossed that she is able to have a normal, non-virtual one! Football games, homecoming parade/dance, going out with friends, etc.  You know, just all the stuff we used to take for granted.

Even though I don't make it on here nearly enough, I think about you all.  Wishing you happiness and plenty of reading time!  Love and green lights!  <3

catspideymanNotaroHedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Kurben, can you give us a hello?
    Hallo!!!!  I'm fine. Some muscles i didn't know i had that aches a wee bit. They got some exorcise that they arent used too. Must have banged my right foot in something cause it hurts and i still limp a bit on that foot. 
    NotarocatHedda GablerMarshadoyoulove19GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Kurben, can you give us a hello?
    Hallo!!!!  I'm fine. Some muscles i didn't know i had that aches a wee bit. They got some exorcise that they arent used too. Must have banged my right foot in something cause it hurts and i still limp a bit on that foot. 
    Check your email
    NotaroMarshacatGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited September 2021
    Hi everyone!  Just caught up on this thread so know that I am wishing you good vibes on everything that I liked, hearted or  :o 'ed.    <3

Still doing 2 jobs, but we are finally interviewing and hope to hire 2 people to fill vacant spots before the end of the month.  That will be amazing.  I am stretched pretty darn thin.  Which is ironic, since I haven't lost a pound.  Sigh.  Anyway, my baby girl started her senior year on 9/8.  Fingers crossed that she is able to have a normal, non-virtual one! Football games, homecoming parade/dance, going out with friends, etc.  You know, just all the stuff we used to take for granted.

Even though I don't make it on here nearly enough, I think about you all.  Wishing you happiness and plenty of reading time!  Love and green lights!  <3

Hope they get you some good workers. You have been a rock for your company — i hope they see that and appreciate you.
    NotaroMarshadoyoulove19catGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Hi everyone!  Just caught up on this thread so know that I am wishing you good vibes on everything that I liked, hearted or  :o 'ed.    <3

Hello Darlin39 Nice to see ya - Ladies and gentlemen Mr Conway Twitty   Meme Generator
    doyoulove19NotarocatHedda GablerMarshaFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Kurben, can you give us a hello?
    Check your email
    You are a sweetheart, DJ. I have checked and answered.
    GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerNotaroMarshaFlakeNoir
  • ....isn't she though?.....
    KurbencatHedda GablerNotaroMarshaFlakeNoir
  • Got the big room downstairs done yesterday. Today, I did normal chores and have been working on putting the bottles and stuff back on top of cupboards. Need to do a little decluttering and canisters are next to get put back. 

KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTMarshadoyoulove19FlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    Got the big room downstairs done yesterday. Today, I did normal chores and have been working on putting the bottles and stuff back on top of cupboards. Need to do a little decluttering and canisters are next to get put back. 

....tell Scott to stop goin' to dah lickah stah, and yew won't have no bottle problem....ayuh.....
    MarshacatNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:
    Got the big room downstairs done yesterday. Today, I did normal chores and have been working on putting the bottles and stuff back on top of cupboards. Need to do a little decluttering and canisters are next to get put back. 

....tell Scott to stop goin' to dah lickah stah, and yew won't have no bottle problem....ayuh.....
    YOU tell him! 😆😉🙃 

No, there are a couple old Jim Beam bottles, like these.
    https://m.bonanza.com/items/like/12281297/jim-beam-wildlife-decanters-elk-ducks

But most of them are like these.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/935991807/antique-bottle-lowenstein-co-old-harvest

And he has a few poison bottles. Like this, only his are blue.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=old+poison+bottle&oq=old+pois&aqs=chrome.0.0i20i263i512j0i512l2j69i57j0i512.3375j0j7&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=eCWu_qHV3xqpFM

They are pretty cool. I almost knocked one of the poison bottles on the floor yesterday. Oh boy would I have been in trouble! 
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirMarsha
  • Kitchen is pretty much back together. Today I need to get some groceries. And hoping to get my new Nancy Drew books put into my antique secretary and get a start on putting china back into its cabinet. 

All my bears I think I am going to leave boxed up for now. Maybe just keep a few favorites out. Their home was the secretary but I have too many. I think maybe I'm outgrowing them a bit. And I think the old Nancy Drew books will look awesome in the secretary. Sprinkle a few other antique pieces in with them, maybe. 
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbendoyoulove19FlakeNoirMarsha
  • cat said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    cat said:

YOU tell him! 😆😉🙃 

No, there are a couple old Jim Beam bottles, like these.
    https://m.bonanza.com/items/like/12281297/jim-beam-wildlife-decanters-elk-ducks

But most of them are like these.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/935991807/antique-bottle-lowenstein-co-old-harvest

And he has a few poison bottles. Like this, only his are blue.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=old+poison+bottle&oq=old+pois&aqs=chrome.0.0i20i263i512j0i512l2j69i57j0i512.3375j0j7&client=ms-android-att-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=eCWu_qHV3xqpFM

They are pretty cool. I almost knocked one of the poison bottles on the floor yesterday. Oh boy would I have been in trouble! 
    ....I knew what you meant...they really did some cool pieces, we have this one...
    Vintage Jim Beam The Wonderful World of Ohio collectible decanter bottle  1966  eBay
    ...and there is a cache of old medicine bottles that were found in old dumps about our acreage.....always sweet to stumble across one.....
    catHedda Gablerspideymandoyoulove19FlakeNoirNotaroMarsha
  • Went to my craft store today to get some items. Now, just because I get a coupon or a sale is happening doesn’t mean I must go and spend money. I take advantage when I need something.  

But, when I get  a 10 dollar voucher,  I go because that is “free” money so to speak — a reward for my loyalty.  So today, an item I needed that costs 10.99, cost me 99 cents.  And I had coupons too — which I used.  So, my total purchase today would have normally cost me 27.50 and with all my coupons I spent 8.99 with tax.  Score!!!

Nobody pipe up to tell me that they overprice crap and it only costs them a buck to make and package and blah blah blah — just let me roll around in my savings. I am a golden God!!!!

catKurbendoyoulove19FlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...yesterday was an emotional stew....sadness because of the anniversary of 9/11...as a family we visited and laid flowers at the local memorial...the fire department, on the 10th anniversary had erected a beautifully carved stone and procured a large piece of twisted steel from the site....I only just found out that Tracy has been taking flowers every year since, just her small/personal way of honoring the lost and we thanked her for including us....counterbalancing the somber affair, we just found out-we're gonna be grandparents again!!!!.....Seth & CiCI are due in April.......another Roller.....be afraid, be very afraid....

Belated congrats Scott - how many will that be now? You are a lovely Grandpa <3

catFlakeNoirNotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Oh!!!! Another bubby? Beautiful.. congratulations Scott and Tracy and mama and papa... 💜
    NotaroKurbenMarshacatGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Went to my craft store today to get some items. Now, just because I get a coupon or a sale is happening doesn’t mean I must go and spend money. I take advantage when I need something.  

But, when I get  a 10 dollar voucher,  I go because that is “free” money so to speak — a reward for my loyalty.  So today, an item I needed that costs 10.99, cost me 99 cents.  And I had coupons too — which I used.  So, my total purchase today would have normally cost me 27.50 and with all my coupons I spent 8.99 with tax.  Score!!!

Nobody pipe up to tell me that they overprice crap and it only costs them a buck to make and package and blah blah blah — just let me roll around in my savings. I am a golden God!!!!

Scrooge Mcduck Coin Dive GIFs  Tenor
    doyoulove19Hedda GablerKurbencatMarsha
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...yesterday was an emotional stew....sadness because of the anniversary of 9/11...as a family we visited and laid flowers at the local memorial...the fire department, on the 10th anniversary had erected a beautifully carved stone and procured a large piece of twisted steel from the site....I only just found out that Tracy has been taking flowers every year since, just her small/personal way of honoring the lost and we thanked her for including us....counterbalancing the somber affair, we just found out-we're gonna be grandparents again!!!!.....Seth & CiCI are due in April.......another Roller.....be afraid, be very afraid....

Belated congrats Scott - how many will that be now? You are a lovely Grandpa <3
    ....it will be 5.....
    doyoulove19Hedda GablercatMarshaNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Oh!!!! Another bubby? Beautiful.. congratulations Scott and Tracy and mama and papa... 💜
    Funny Thanks GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    doyoulove19Hedda GablerKurbencatMarshaNeesy
  • edited September 2021
    Finished up NK Jemisin’s Masterclass. 

She is obviously very intelligent. But a lot of what she discussed felt so stifling to the creative process.   Of course, she gives her advice sitting on a stack of books and awards so who am I to disagree with so much?

where the gold comes in here is the last 3 segments of the entire class — the most interesting and informative one being about getting a literary agent.  I’ve watched a ton of Masterclass classes and this was the best speaking to this topic. 

Onto poet Billy Collins. 

NotarocatFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • Didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted. And moving pretty slow today, too. I was awake most of the night with a headache. 

I have gotten the antique cabinet dusted and the glass cleaned and the boxes of dishes are moved into living room. Need to just put the dishes back. I also cleaned my ceiling fan and the new doors. 

Still have my normal picking up chores to do, too. 
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTdoyoulove19Neesy
  • cat said:
    Didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted. And moving pretty slow today, too. I was awake most of the night with a headache. 

I have gotten the antique cabinet dusted and the glass cleaned and the boxes of dishes are moved into living room. Need to just put the dishes back. I also cleaned my ceiling fan and the new doors. 

Still have my normal picking up chores to do, too. 
    Gee Thanks Doc in 2021  Headache humor Migraine headaches Migraine
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenMarshacatNeesy
  • While that is true, it also deserves a laugh and a wtf. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenMarshacat