Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Oh man. Does life get any better than that sweet face?

nice to see you, bob. 😍
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Be safe and if any wild travel stories happen, you must find a way to us, posthaste!

This is one of those times that I'm hoping for a very boring day. :) At least it's a non-stop flight and so far, the seat next to me appears to be empty. I'll be double-masking and have my hand sanitizer at the ready for the wait in the terminal pre-flight and will eat lunch before I head to the airport to avoid taking my mask down to eat there.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Nice on that non-stop. I love those but rarely get to do them. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Luggage Meme - Imgflip
    Exactly. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Update on post-COVID vaccine reaction. My arm isn't even sore today and still just slight headache but there's also a lot of pollen that I'm not used to yet here so could be that as well that's causing it. I did get a little tired yesterday afternoon/evening and admit to nodding off a few times while watching TV but at my age, that can happen on a normal day.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesySundrop
  • ....I have seen here of late, that "older" members of the population have had less reaction to the vaccines than others....one time it's good to be a gray panther or cougar....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Yep. Nodding off can happen at the  dro....,zzzzzzz🤤
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Yep. Nodding off can happen at the  dro....,zzzzzzz🤤
    Adult Naps Magnet Funny Nap Magnet Funny Magnets  Etsy
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Safe journey Marsha. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Dropped the car in for a service, probably cost an arm and a leg as usual, have an extra shirt with me in case they want the one off my back. 
    How’d it go?  Still have shirt and child?
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Marsha said:
    Be safe and if any wild travel stories happen, you must find a way to us, posthaste!

This is one of those times that I'm hoping for a very boring day. :) At least it's a non-stop flight and so far, the seat next to me appears to be empty. I'll be double-masking and have my hand sanitizer at the ready for the wait in the terminal pre-flight and will eat lunch before I head to the airport to avoid taking my mask down to eat there.
    I'm just now reading Flight or Fright.......
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Safe trip, @Marsha! Have a wonderful time!
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Be safe, have fun M. 💜
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Notaro said:
    Dropped the car in for a service, probably cost an arm and a leg as usual, have an extra shirt with me in case they want the one off my back. 
    It was €500, and that's getting away lightly because I'm on the service plan. Still hurt handing it over, bastards. 😭
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNeesycat
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    It was €500, and that's getting away lightly because I'm on the service plan. Still hurt handing it over, bastards. 😭
    Elizabeth Elzburgs review of Kiss Him Not Me Vol 10
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesycat
  • edited March 2021
    Continuing with Salman Rushdie's Masterclass.  Anxious to start Amy Tan's.

Something interesting I learned from Rushdie's masterclass and it struck me as very true, all those times when we all gnashed our teeth at Stephen King or another author for killing a dog or hurting some character we've grown attached to:

Happiness writes in white ink on a white page.  -- Henry deMontherlant. As Rushdie says, "it doesn't show up."  The end.  Sh*ts gotsta happen.

Will continue on with the 7Up series.

I'm going to try and get out and work in my yard if the weather warms up.

KurbenFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • ....Steve, continues to give no fu*ks when it comes to deep-sixing characters we've grown fond of....
    FlakeNoirKurbennot_nadineHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....Steve, continues to give no fu*ks when it comes to deep-sixing characters we've grown fond of....
    I think he gives lots of... those about his characters, but enjoys our agony more than he loves his (fictional) children. 😄
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablercatGNTLGNT
  • Finished amy tan’s masterclass.  Wow. What a life to draw stories from. 

She is an unbelievable artist too — her drawings of birds are exceptional. Very talented.

i think i’ll start Walter Mosley’s class today. 
    FlakeNoircatNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2021
    Another interesting salman tidbit — when he was young, he went for a job at an advertising agency.  They gave him a test— in 100 words or less, explain bread to martians. 

I would’ve loved that. Unexpected, out of the blue, show us your creativity. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....Steve, continues to give no fu*ks when it comes to deep-sixing characters we've grown fond of....
    I think he gives lots of... those about his characters, but enjoys our agony more than he loves his (fictional) children. 😄
    ....and I see that side of the coin...I see it very well.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Finished amy tan’s masterclass.  Wow. What a life to draw stories from. 

She is an unbelievable artist too — her drawings of birds are exceptional. Very talented.

i think i’ll start Walter Mosley’s class today. 
    ....my Gan she's good!!!.....

Sparrow from Amy Tans garden-her lovely drawing  httpswwwfacebookcomAuthorAmyTanphotosa6789563287924311073741833210665552288   People art Drawings Art
    Hedda GablercatspideymanKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy