Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Had a bad day today..... My boss told me that my contract at the court will not be prolonged. Also tried to look as if she had said that before, really sneaky of her really because thats not at all what was said and noone else at the meeting had that impression (the meeting she referred to was held in November). So at last june will be my last day..... I was a bit angry at her, at least admit you made a mess and dont try to disguise it by saying that you were perfectly clear. When noone else at the meeting had that impression you have been bad in communication. Admit it! Anyway to cheer myself up before the weekend i went to the SF Bookstore that has its yearly booksale with highly reduced prices. Bought The World For World Is Forest by Ursula K. Le Guin, Roadside Picnic by Boris& Arkady Strugatskij plus Kindred by Octavia Butler. Actually did cheer me up a bit. Books always do.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ....sorry to hear of this buddy.....your boss should just admit she screwed the pooch, and help you find a new position....a good manager would do that....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • edited February 2023
    Aw dang kurben.  Maybe something will change between now and then. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Thanks for the support, my friends!! Needed that. I have 4 months left and i have started thinking about people that might know a place that will be interested. First among them my former boss who hired me in the first place. Works at a different place now. They might need one liike me or she might know someone....  But thats for later.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • I'm so sorry to read this Kurben, that is awful, the way she has handled it. Terribly unprofessional and horrible behaviour really.
    I hope something good will come out of it for you, fingers crossed. 🤞
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroKurbenNeesy
  • Hopefully your former boss will be able to help out Kurben🤞,  you're a good man, you'll land on your feet.👍

And to your current boss...🖕
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • Some snaps from a stroll in Marlay Park at the weekend, and a couple from Temple Bar on friday night....

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....appreciate the share bro!.....those are very nice.....
    FlakeNoirNeesy
  • Always love the view from someone else’s world. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I love Marlay Park, wish I could walk my dogs there, so many interesting sights.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Some snaps from a trip to Kildare retail village....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • This is such a pretty looking village, is it a shopping centre, mostly? Or also people's homes?
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    This is such a pretty looking village, is it a shopping centre, mostly? Or also people's homes?
    Its a shopping village, a shoppers paradise.  I'm not fond of the place😁
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    This is such a pretty looking village, is it a shopping centre, mostly? Or also people's homes?
    😄 

Also, what is the "This is my Happy Place"?
    (If it's about shopping, then maybe I'm asking the wrong person..😁)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    😄 

No idea Flakes, I'll try and find out for you.
    Yeah you are definitely asking the wrong person😃
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    😄 

No idea Flakes, I'll try and find out for you.
    Yeah you are definitely asking the wrong person😃
    😁 Mrs. Irish will likely know... (and thank you)
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Great photos. Does your area have any of homelessness? How does Ireland deal with that issue?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ....like the snaps!!.....and I noticed "Happy Place" as well.....guessing it's not a tin whistle shop......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Greetings from Madrid, I arrived yesterday...a few snaps ....

Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Great photos. Does your area have any of homelessness? How does Ireland deal with that issue?
    Not much homelessness in my immediate area DJ but like every country we do have a homeless issue, there are services and organizations to try and tackle the problem, unfortunately we have a rental market crisis here at the moment with a lot of landlords selling their properties which is putting individuals and whole families out on the streets, there was an eviction block in place during covid but that law has lapsed and if its not put back in place it will be catastrophic for hundreds if not thousands of people.
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Greetings from Madrid, I arrived yesterday...a few snaps ....

I
    I am insanely jealous. But I could not be happier for you to be able to experience all this.  I love seeing the world through friend’s eyes. Be safe. Don’t sell your kidneys. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • edited March 2023
    Notaro said:
    Great photos. Does your area have any of homelessness? How does Ireland deal with that issue?
    Not much homelessness in my immediate area DJ but like every country we do have a homeless issue, there are services and organizations to try and tackle the problem, unfortunately we have a rental market crisis here at the moment with a lot of landlords selling their properties which is putting individuals and whole families out on the streets, there was an eviction block in place during covid but that law has lapsed and if its not put back in place it will be catastrophic for hundreds if not thousands of people.
    This is so tragic.  I don’t understand the lack of intelligent thinking about keeping families safe and healthy financially and body wise. If people don’t have the basics, they sure aren’t going to buy your shit. There will be less and less available cash for extras, crime will go up. 

Rich people: keep people healthy in all aspects and they keep you rich. The well runs dry for them, you have less cash to role naked in. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Thanks Irish, really loved these snaps.😊
    I always enjoy holidaying with you guys. 💚
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • ....again, mighty nice stuff brother-man!!!.....like Deej said, no kidney sales-but it's ok to entertain offers for your uvula.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy