Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• I goota lay down again.  Have to take care o f him  I am messed up from the medicine they gave me.   But friend got it from popcorn and my sister from eating too much penis.

*****peanuts.  I must sleep now

Sorry @not_nadine - that last typo was a doozy lol

Hope you feel better soon - was it diverticulitis? I heard that is very painful

Get well soon

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...grieving......that's what's up here.....Tracy's father passed away suddenly and instead of him being with us to welcome in another year, we are wiping away tears as the old year expires.....he was her best friend and buddy-they spent so many moments together and her heart has shattered into a million pieces...plus, since the death of my dad, he was a second man of wit and wisdom to look up to and learn from.....Larry Lee Jones...gone at 81, but our hearts will never forget...love you dad....

So sorry to hear this Scott

RIP
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Went to the hospital today. Took some tests. My epilepsy and migraine and insomnia has become worse since about september. Makes work difficult. Will meet the doctor thursday. Hopefully things will get better soon.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Went to the hospital today. Took some tests. My epilepsy and migraine and insomnia has become worse since about september. Makes work difficult. Will meet the doctor thursday. Hopefully things will get better soon.
    Oh kurben, i am sorry this has become a struggle.  I hope they can get this quickly under control. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Went to the hospital today. Took some tests. My epilepsy and migraine and insomnia has become worse since about september. Makes work difficult. Will meet the doctor thursday. Hopefully things will get better soon.
    🥺 I'm sorry to hear this Kurben, it's very scary. Everything is made worse with utter exhaustion. I hope they'll have some solution that has you getting relief very soon. Please keep letting us know how you're doing. Sending you my best. 💜
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • ....Kurb, this is a 3 headed Hydra....one feeding into the other...I hope testing and treatment results in a positive outcome...I'll help however I can.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • Kurben said:

Sending some positive vibes your way - hoping that you'll feel better Kurben
    (fingers crossed)

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbennot_nadineHedda Gabler
  • ((((Kurben)))   sending you all the vibes  <3

So yesterday was his scheduled surgery. (now, this has been postpoined 3 times)

He is checked in, wired up, iv'd, and magic markers on him.

They came in and said the doctor was 'overbooked' and need to reschedule.
    Everyone apologies. 

Fuck that.

This man needs this heart surgery.  

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ((((Kurben)))   sending you all the vibes  <3

Everyone apologies. 

Fuck that.

....this is rapidly becoming "deliberate indifference"........I'm hurting along with you Nottie....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I have had my talk with the doctor. He suggested a few changes that i will try out and then we have our ordinary meeting (once a year) in march at the hospital and then we'll see what the changes has done. He also ordered more bloodtests and i'll hear from him when the results are back. 

And Nottie.... I am so sorry it is postponed yet again.
  • ....fingers crossed my friend.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ((((Kurben)))   sending you all the vibes  <3

Everyone apologies. 

Fuck that.

....this is rapidly becoming "deliberate indifference"........I'm hurting along with you Nottie....
    They have rescheduled for next Friday.  Luckly, I am off work Fridays so I won't have to miss any more work.
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    I have had my talk with the doctor. He suggested a few changes that i will try out and then we have our ordinary meeting (once a year) in march at the hospital and then we'll see what the changes has done. He also ordered more bloodtests and i'll hear from him when the results are back. 

I hope your bloodwork  came back alright Kurben? I also hope you're having improvement after your doctor visit. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ((((Kurben)))   sending you all the vibes  <3

Everyone apologies. 

Fuck that.

They have rescheduled for next Friday.  Luckly, I am off work Fridays so I won't have to miss any more work.
    I'm really sorry about the multiple postponements with his surgery, that is terrible. 🥺 I hope it went well today.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Apologies in advance for the photo dump. But I almost never holiday anywhere and wanted to share some snaps from a short break a week ago.

Hitting the road:

A wee antique store in a little town along the highway:
    (had lots of SK creepy vibes going on, I loved it! @Hedda Gabler there is a snap for you, think 'goats')

We stopped at a park/gardens... lovely area for picnics and short walks, play ground for kids, aviaries etc.

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • The first camp/cabin site had some great beach and river walks:

We walked out along an old concrete and wooden pier, these guys were scuttling in and out of the cracks... they were big!

The pier was amazing... and scary! (For me.)

Back on the beach we explored this wreck. (The Waitangi)

It was a pretty evening. 

KurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    I have had my talk with the doctor. He suggested a few changes that i will try out and then we have our ordinary meeting (once a year) in march at the hospital and then we'll see what the changes has done. He also ordered more bloodtests and i'll hear from him when the results are back. 

I hope your bloodwork  came back alright Kurben? I also hope you're having improvement after your doctor visit. 
    The bloodwork was ok but the slight shift in medication was no success.... Have just started yet another slight shift. Its a balance act and i'm sure it will work out eventually but in the meantime its tough. Work is suffering. Had to stay home several days this week. Luckily they understand the problem but still doesn't feel great......
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • The next morning we took a walk up the river. The pier and port were the only route into the area for stock to be transported in, back in the day.

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • Second and last campsite area. Next to a river. 

Went for a walk to the dam before breakfast the next day. (Saw a friend of DJ's on the way.)

Breakfast was here: ( they also run a river rafting business)

The bridge back to camp.

We stopped a couple of places on the way home:

GNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:

The bloodwork was ok but the slight shift in medication was no success.... Have just started yet another slight shift. Its a balance act and i'm sure it will work out eventually but in the meantime its tough. Work is suffering. Had to stay home several days this week. Luckily they understand the problem but still doesn't feel great......
    I'm glad the blood work is good Kurben, but very sorry you've no relief as yet. 😔
    I'm sorry, I really hope they get this fixed for you soon. 🥺
    KurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • edited January 2023
    Oh man. I loved this and  i read all the signs. My favorite where the crew all jumped ship and watched the boat sail out and sink. I know that’s not funny, but it made me laugh. 

And yes, i hope you spoke to that beautiful friend for me. ❤️

The antique store was great. Cat would’ve liked a lot of that glassware.  And those little goats— every home needs a goat.  I will be zooming in all those items. 

Gorgeous country. Thanks for sharing. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • .....oh my goodness, those were great Flakes, 'specially the antiques...we love places like that....smell included.....
    Kurbennot_nadineHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Watched Silk Stockings with Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse. Charisse was probably the best female dancer at that time. If she had been as good in singing and acting she would have beaten Garland out of many leads. This is her dance solo from that movie.
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Silk Stockings with Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse. Charisse was probably the best female dancer at that time. If she had been as good in singing and acting she would have beaten Garland out of many leads. This is her dance solo from that movie.
    Kurben said:
    Watched Silk Stockings with Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse. Charisse was probably the best female dancer at that time. If she had been as good in singing and acting she would have beaten Garland out of many leads. This is her dance solo from that movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u
    My dad loved Cyd. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • ....she was one of the many classic beauties from that period....man oh man, they were something...sad that that era has passed into the Gray Havens.....
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy