Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Well not today but last night, I went to a regional hospitality award ceremony as my son had made the finalists for "Emerging Chef" in our district. He won! Very happy for him. ❤
    Excellent news Flakes, congratulations to him.
    Thanks Irish, it was very exciting. My heart was pounding out of my chest with nerves for him in the lead up. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesySusanNorton
  • ....absolutely outstanding....my congratulations!!!!.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • ....now, on a less serious note(shocking I know)-if he is an emerging chef, what the hell did his larval stage look like???.... :#
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • Super flakers!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....now, on a less serious note(shocking I know)-if he is an emerging chef, what the hell did his larval stage look like???.... :#
    😄 

🤔 Probably an entrée of some description?
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatKurbenNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....absolutely outstanding....my congratulations!!!!.....
    Super flakers!
    Thanks guys, he's working so hard and I'm just very proud of and happy for him. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • ....taking pride in your children is one way we feel a sense of pride in ourselves for doing something right....though we may have felt, and still do, like complete fu*k ups as parents.....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesySusanNorton
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Well not today but last night, I went to a regional hospitality award ceremony as my son had made the finalists for "Emerging Chef" in our district. He won! Very happy for him. ❤
    Congrats! That is cool! 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Finally got to spend my Christmas gift certificate yesterday. I love it. These are from right after I got done, it took all day. 

Lots of healing to be done, I will post more pictures after it is all healed up. But I really love it a lot. Been waiting a lot of years to get this done. 
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • cat said:
    Finally got to spend my Christmas gift certificate yesterday. I love it. These are from right after I got done, it took all day. 

Lots of healing to be done, I will post more pictures after it is all healed up. But I really love it a lot. Been waiting a lot of years to get this done. 
    Very nice! 😎
    catHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • ....that is great work and looks even greater on you.... <3
    catHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Out and about in the city centre, met up with a buddy of mine, we haven't seen each other in two and a half years, had a good catch up.

GNTLGNTcatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....tremendous bro!....chance meeting like that are wonderful, and in such a beautiful setting....
    NotaroKurbencatHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Wonderful Irish, so glad you had a great catch up with your buddy, lovely snaps too. 
    catGNTLGNTKurbenNotaroHedda GablerNeesy
  • cat said:
    Finally got to spend my Christmas gift certificate yesterday. I love it. These are from right after I got done, it took all day. 

How long did this take and how painful of non painful? Nice. 
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • cat said:

How long did this take and how painful of non painful? Nice. 
    My appt was at 10 am, by the time she got the stencil on and we were ready to start, it was about 10:45. She had it ready before I got there but she wasnt happy with her first placement, so it took a little longer. We took a few breaks, 10-15 minutes each but I was done and home just about 5 pm or shortly after. So, all in all about 6 hrs of actual tattooing. 

It wasn't very painful at all! I was expecting pain...especially in the top area, where the rose is. Scott told me that would be painful. But really it wasn't bad. I thought down around my wrist, centered where my veins are was the most sensitive spot. My fingers did a twitchy dance one time in that area. But overall it was not near what I expected. It was mesmerizing, watching her work. The needles looked like little marker tips, almost calligraphy like. And I didn't bleed much. My neck hurt a bit from having it turned all day to watch her. 

I honestly think the healing itching I'm experiencing now is worse than the pain of the tattooing was. It is maddening. 

It kind of makes me feel like a bad ass. 😆 I really really love it. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Video of twitchy finger dance, please. 

😄
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Just want to add, I had the basic image of the keyhole and rose saved for years. Marti helped me tweak it, she added the gun at my request and changed the color of the rose, kind of yellow to peach... I still wanted the rose to reflect the story, so I changed it again, with the red on the edges but i really loved Marti's interpretation of the rose color. That is kind of how I always pictured the rose. Like it was holding a sunset...so that is our interpretation of the rose. The vines are also different from the original image, I wanted them snaked around the gun. 

I did have to explain it to my tattooist and another who works there but I loved doing it. They said it was unique which I was happy to hear. I want it to be unique, not common! 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • ...great story and thought process Cat....I always enjoy the "behind the scenes" planning...
    catKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ...wasn't today, but Saturday-my two boys and I attended a "Cigar & Bourbon" night... good times and the first time in ages we have been able to do something together...
    catKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesySusanNorton
  • It has been another very busy week. Monday I worked on my decluttering project downstairs. Tuesday I was worn out from Monday. 😀 Wednesday Ali had a dentist appointment and we ran errands then back to dentist in the afternoon to redo some sealants. Thursday Ali had a blood draw, just a wellness check, doc thought given my thyroid issues we should maybe start monitoring her levels. Then we got groceries. And today, Scott had an appt to go over his MRI on his shoulder...two torn tendons for sure, one more than half, the other one the inflammation was too bad to really tell how torn it is. Definitely needs surgery. Ugh. Then I had an appt to go over my bp meds, my bp is still running high. 

School starts Monday. Maybe things will calm down some now. Hahahahaha! I dream. 
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Take two and call me in the morning  Dogs  Know Your Meme
    Awww... I would really like an overdose please.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Take two and call me in the morning  Dogs  Know Your Meme
    Awww... I would really like an overdose please.
    2537 Lots Of Puppies Stock Photos Pictures  Royalty-Free Images - iStock
    KurbenHedda GablercatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited August 2022
    I am a draftsman wih a contract. 

I work for the US ARMY in the cannon division.  Mechanical drawing.
    My boss called today,  The program I was in has not been renewed. 

21 people are gone, and I am one of them.

I am out of a job.  I moved location for this position and set up an apartment in a place that I don't really know, and was happy.

I am very worried.  I have rent and all that goes with it.

I thought this job was going to be my last one.  Now I have to look for work again, and I really am done with it all. 

Sorry, venting 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencatNeesy