Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• Gorgeous day. Opened the windows for a fresh breeze.  Just lazed around all day. 
    Sounds perfect. 🙂 
    Hedda GablerNeesyNotaro
  • ....welcomed the newest grandbaby on Thursday....Ryland Jean.....7 pounds 14 ounces and he's 19 inches long.....shaggy mane of auburn hair.....he's a handsome lil devil....joy of the birth was muted due to family drama courtesy of my narcissistic DIL, but I'll be dealing with that once they get settled in......that aside, we are thrilled to have another whole and happy young feller....
    NeesyKurbenSundropFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • Congrats! Babies are amazing. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyKurbenFlakeNoirNotarocat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....welcomed the newest grandbaby on Thursday....Ryland Jean.....7 pounds 14 ounces and he's 19 inches long.....shaggy mane of auburn hair.....he's a handsome lil devil....joy of the birth was muted due to family drama courtesy of my narcissistic DIL, but I'll be dealing with that once they get settled in......that aside, we are thrilled to have another whole and happy young feller....
    Sounds like he’s a very healthy baby Scott - congratulations Grandpa 👴 - you’re a lucky guy

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • Congratulations to you all, Scott...  and welcome baby Ryland Jean.❤🎉🎊🎈🎁
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNotarocat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....welcomed the newest grandbaby on Thursday....Ryland Jean.....7 pounds 14 ounces and he's 19 inches long.....shaggy mane of auburn hair.....he's a handsome lil devil....joy of the birth was muted due to family drama courtesy of my narcissistic DIL, but I'll be dealing with that once they get settled in......that aside, we are thrilled to have another whole and happy young feller....
    Congrats to your family, Big Guy......and welcome Ryland Jean!!!  
    I love the name, btw ♥
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • ....the middle name is a remembrance of the boys Aunt, Jean was her middle name....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirSundropcat
  • edited April 2022
    Off to get coffee. 
    Parking lot sitting watching people like a spider. 
    Listening to audiobook of Alice and that wasskaly wabbit. 
    Two Dark Shadows episodes under my belt. More later.
    Some Masterclasses later. 
    Maybe have a hamburger today. Haven’t had a hamburger in a month.  Maybe a dr. pepper. 
    Finished all my game stuff — crossword, vertex, spelling bee, wordle. 
    Might do some yard work.
    Keep reading Haroun and the Sea Stories.
    cherry pick some Pauline Kael reviews. 

That’s about it. 

Have a practically-perfect-in-every-way day you guys. 

KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • I have started a long time project. To clean out (read throw away) stuff in my storage room. Considering all the myriads of things that are in there, most of them i dont even remember, that have stacked over the 30+ years i have lived here it is a lot. But the waterpipes guys must have access when they come and right now not even a weasel might wrangle himself inside. To do it all in one go would have caused a coronary so i'm taking baby steps, one bag or box at a time and when i reached a full bag of stuff that can be thrown away i stop for the day. So far almost all have been thrown away (why didn't i do that in the first place?). 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundrop
  • Kurben said:
    I have started a long time project. To clean out (read throw away) stuff in my storage room. Considering all the myriads of things that are in there, most of them i dont even remember, that have stacked over the 30+ years i have lived here it is a lot. But the waterpipes guys must have access when they come and right now not even a weasel might wrangle himself inside. To do it all in one go would have caused a coronary so i'm taking baby steps, one bag or box at a time and when i reached a full bag of stuff that can be thrown away i stop for the day. So far almost all have been thrown away (why didn't i do that in the first place?). 
    Good for you Kurben, pace yourself. Prepare for some memories along the way. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Off to get coffee. 
    Parking lot sitting watching people like a spider. 
    Listening to audiobook of Alice and that wasskaly wabbit. 
    Two Dark Shadows episodes under my belt. More later.
    Some Masterclasses later. 
    Maybe have a hamburger today. Haven’t had a hamburger in a month.  Maybe a dr. pepper. 
    Finished all my game stuff — crossword, vertex, spelling bee, wordle. 
    Might do some yard work.
    Keep reading Haroun and the Sea Stories.
    cherry pick some Pauline Kael reviews. 

That’s about it. 

Have a practically-perfect-in-every-way day you guys. 

dr pepper  Know Your Meme
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundrop
  • Kurben said:
    I have started a long time project. To clean out (read throw away) stuff in my storage room. Considering all the myriads of things that are in there, most of them i dont even remember, that have stacked over the 30+ years i have lived here it is a lot. But the waterpipes guys must have access when they come and right now not even a weasel might wrangle himself inside. To do it all in one go would have caused a coronary so i'm taking baby steps, one bag or box at a time and when i reached a full bag of stuff that can be thrown away i stop for the day. So far almost all have been thrown away (why didn't i do that in the first place?). 
    ...so it's your very own archaeological dig???.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    ...so it's your very own archaeological dig???.....
    a very apt simile....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2022
    Kurben said:
    It feels really good to let go of things. Less trouble, less worry.

i look at all my stuff and know my kids aren’t going to want most of it when I die, so getting rid of it my way is great.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:

i look at all my stuff and know my kids aren’t going to want most of it when I die, so getting rid of it my way is great.  
    In two minds... leaving a mess for the kids to deal with might be the only chance of payback for a lifetime of cleaning up after them. 🤔
    I'm kidding of course. 🙂💜
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:

In two minds... leaving a mess for the kids to deal with might be the only chance of payback for a lifetime of cleaning up after them. 🤔
    Oh I don't know Flakes.....flipping them the bird from the hearafter has a certain charm going for it😁😄
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • edited April 2022
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:

Oh I don't know Flakes.....flipping them the bird from the hearafter has a certain charm going for it😁😄
    😄 I'm so tempted to make them one last treasure hunt... will take some deep thought to decide on the eventual "treasure ". 😁
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • ....so, an epic night last night....went on a concert date with Tracy!!....we traveled to Columbus, Ohio and the Schottenstein Center to enjoy Elton John's "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" appearance.....supposed to have happened in 2020-but suddenly, COVID....it was magical.....an eclectic set list that mixed new, old and seldom heard over a 2 1/2 hour show....yes, EJ IS 75 and it made my heart ache to see him totter about a bit, but his heart was definitely in it and his voice strong....arrangements adjusted to reflect age related voice changes.....staging simple but awesome....great night and the best company.....(below is an example from another venue).....

MarshaHedda Gablercat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....so, an epic night last night....went on a concert date with Tracy!!....we traveled to Columbus, Ohio and the Schottenstein Center to enjoy Elton John's "Farewell Yellow Brick Road" appearance.....supposed to have happened in 2020-but suddenly, COVID....it was magical.....an eclectic set list that mixed new, old and seldom heard over a 2 1/2 hour show....yes, EJ IS 75 and it made my heart ache to see him totter about a bit, but his heart was definitely in it and his voice strong....arrangements adjusted to reflect age related voice changes.....staging simple but awesome....great night and the best company.....(below is an example from another venue).....

That is just fantastic! You lucky kids. 
    catGNTLGNTKurben
  • Unbelievable. I am sitting in a parking lot. Stupid young bitch pulls up next to me and parks. 

She gets out, runs into business. Gone a couple minutes. Comes back out gets in van and sits. She does this 3 more times — So Far — we aren’t done. 

The third time she does it, I glance over. Sliding door of van wide open and there is a baby in a car seat and a twoish year old standing in the driver’s seat. No one is in the van with these
     kids.  I’m watching to make sure 2 year old doesn’t climb out of van.  

I could steal these kids and be gone. 

Oh, and it’s 37 degrees out. Door wide open.

NotaroFlakeNoircatGNTLGNTKurben
  • Unbelievable. I am sitting in a parking lot. Stupid young bitch pulls up next to me and parks. 

She gets out, runs into business. Gone a couple minutes. Comes back out gets in van and sits. She does this 3 more times — So Far — we aren’t done. 

The third time she does it, I glance over. Sliding door of van wide open and there is a baby in a car seat and a twoish year old standing in the driver’s seat. No one is in the van with these

Some adults could do with a bloody good slap. Fcuksake. 
    catGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Congratulations to you all! Some happy news. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben

Slap That Bitch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben