Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• cat said:
    cat said:
    My daughter and I went to see Barbie. I was skeptical going in, I expected a total goof-fess. But I was pleasantly surprised. It had a good plot, the casting of Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken were spot-on and it made me laugh out loud several times. America Ferrera has a speech about what it means to be a woman these days and it took my breath away. Even made me tear up some. It was a great movie. Definitely was a perfect mom/daughter date night. Way better than expected. 

Makes me wish I still had my Barbies from growing up. I did play with them but was always happier reading. 🙂😉
    I’ve heard it is really good. Did you guys wear pink ?
    We did! 😄 Well, Ali did. I don't own anything pink. So I did the best I could, and wore a purply/burgundy shirt. We matched pretty good. 😆
    Good girls. 
    catKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Insidious: The Red Door.

Father and son Josh and Dalton undergo hypnosis to erase the memories of the trauma they endured in The Further, but years later the memories start to invade again and the evil follows....

This is a direcct sequel to the second movie, and is directed by its star Patrick Wilson. Overall its not too bad, it doesn't have as many jump scares as the other movies but it should keep devotees happy.

Looks positively, f'k no.😳
    KurbenHedda Gabler
  • Mean Streets — Criterion

this is Scorsese with all the usual actors. I was not impressed in the slightest.  Boring as hell. The thing i will give it a thumbs up for is the time capsule of the time, the street scenes, ephemera of a time .  That was interesting. 

Carnal Knowledge — criterion

this is one of those movies that gets referenced from time to time. Jack Nicholson, Art Garfunkel, Candace Bergen, Ann Margaret, Rita Moreno . Odd. Sad. Discouraging about the human condition and relationships. 

If you want to see Ann Margaret nekkid, here’s your chance . 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • Mean Streets — Criterion

this is Scorsese with all the usual actors. I was not impressed in the slightest.  Boring as hell. The thing i will give it a thumbs up for is the time capsule of the time, the street scenes, ephemera of a time .  That was interesting. 

Carnal Knowledge — criterion

this is one of those movies that gets referenced from time to time. Jack Nicholson, Art Garfunkel, Candace Bergen, Ann Margaret, Rita Moreno . Odd. Sad. Discouraging about the human condition and relationships. 

If you want to see Ann Margaret nekkid, here’s your chance . 
    Apparently I was having a deep, meaningful relationship with the word “time” in the above babbling. Cripes.  I hate when I do that!
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • .....Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3........really good "wrap-up" to the series....pathos, comedy, action etc.......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. Pretty, uh, amazing. And spectacular. And - well you get the drift.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • Watched Cobweb.

A young boy hears a voice coming from inside his bedroom wall, it tells him his parents are planning to kill him......

Good little movie, plenty of atmosphere, very creepy. Scared the bejesus out of my daughter.

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ...I think I peed a little just watching the trailer....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • The Wife — Netflix.  

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Re-watchsd The Man Who Fell To Earth....

An alien arrives on earth and sets up in business, quickly becoming incredibly wealthy, succumbing to the excesses of human life, his efforts to find a way of transporting water back to his home planet go awry.......

Love this movie, David Bowie was born to play this role, terrific cast give excellent performances.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Re-watchsd The Man Who Fell To Earth....

An alien arrives on earth and sets up in business, quickly becoming incredibly wealthy, succumbing to the excesses of human life, his efforts to find a way of transporting water back to his home planet go awry.......

Love this movie, David Bowie was born to play this role, terrific cast give excellent performances.

Nice. I admire your movie collection.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Suddenly, Last Summer

pure Cinema podcast recommended this.  What was interesting, The film people did not want Montgomery Clift but being good friends with superstar Elizabeth Taylor, he got the job. Apparently they treated him so poorly on set that Katherine Hepburn literally spat on someone — producer, director— somebody. 

Good for her. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2023
    Watched The Last Voyage Of The Demeter.

A sailboat takes a cargo of boxes from Transylvania to England, while en route they discover a stowaway onboard and soon after the crew starts to disappear one by one.....

Enjoyed this one, it is well made, well acted, the effects and the creature design are good, while its part of an oft told and filmed story I think its a pretty decent addition to the Dracula canon.

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:

A sailboat takes a cargo of boxes from Transylvania to England, while en route they discover a stowaway onboard and soon after the crew starts to disappear one by one.....

Enjoyed this one, it is well made, well acted, the effects and the creature design are good, while its part of an oft told and filmed story I think its a pretty decent addition to the Dracula canon.

Huckleberry??? 🐕🥹
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:

Huckleberry??? 🐕🥹
    The Huckleberry Hound Show - Wikipedia
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched In The Shadows Of The Moon (2019). A twisty timetravel mystery/crime story. It does not hit the bullseye but it was worth watching and did not get ridicolous. As long as you buy that timetravel will be possible in the not too far away future, Michael C Hall has a supporting role.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched Annihilation with Natalie Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh in the leads. Noticed that the really good swedish actress Tuva Nowotny had a supporting part. About 5 female scientists sent on a mission to discover what the mysterious The Shimmer is and what it does. Interesting and wellacted from the female quintet that are the main actors. I must say that i thought the male actors mostly failed to convince though but it doesn't matter much as they are really bit parts. Interesting but a bit too clever for its own good.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Annihilation with Natalie Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh in the leads. Noticed that the really good swedish actress Tuva Nowotny had a supporting part. About 5 female scientists sent on a mission to discover what the mysterious The Shimmer is and what it does. Interesting and wellacted from the female quintet that are the main actors. I must say that i thought the male actors mostly failed to convince though but it doesn't matter much as they are really bit parts. Interesting but a bit too clever for its own good.
    I really liked the novel it's based on (part of a trilogy, and Jeff VanderMeer is working on a fourth book now).
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Tried to watch Meg 2: The Trench but it was really bad. Actually tried it twice but no go. I usually like shark movies but this was ....... The first was ok, nothing to write home about but ok but this...... NO.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I can't wait for this one

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Oooooo, that looks good. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • I started watching The Whale on Showtime anytime.  This is going to be difficult. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2023
    I started watching The Whale on Showtime anytime.  This is going to be difficult. 
    Absolutely heartbreaking, I bawled... a lot. 
    Brendon Fraser is really good in this. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I started watching The Whale on Showtime anytime.  This is going to be difficult. 
    Absolutely heartbreaking, I bawled... a lot. 
    Brendon Fraser is really good in this. 
    I am starting and stopping. It’s making me so sad. It’s kind of overwhelming. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT