Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• watched Heart of Stone with Gal Gadot as a kind of updated and female James Bond type. Not in MI6 but undercover at MI6. I enjoyed it more than i do with james bond movies. Regular formula but well done.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • I enjoyed it more than i do with james bond movies.

...gee, I wonder why?.... :D 
    15 Gal Gadot pics that will make you instantly fall in love   Gal gadot  Gal gardot Gal gadot photos

FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I enjoyed it more than i do with james bond movies.

...gee, I wonder why?.... :D 
    15 Gal Gadot pics that will make you instantly fall in love   Gal gadot  Gal gardot Gal gadot photos

Well, she does look better than Pierce Brosnan ever did...... But in honor of the movie it must be said that she stayed dressed, never any of these dropping a bedsheet or showerscenes that are so common. But i must admit she swam in a swimmingpool in a onepiece bathingsuit.....
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    watched Heart of Stone with Gal Gadot as a kind of updated and female James Bond type. Not in MI6 but undercover at MI6. I enjoyed it more than i do with james bond movies. Regular formula but well done.
    Tried to sit through it, got about halfway, just thought it was awful. 🤔
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Watched The Quick And The Dead by Sam Raimi. An impressive cast headed by Sharon Stone, Gene Hackman, Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio. Woody Strode and Gary Sinise in minor parts. Inspired by the Great Spaghetti Western Once Upon A Time In The West i think. Some alterations in setting and plot but the basic premise. Mysterious stranger enters town which is run by a ruthless gunman. Not as good obviously but basically Stone has Bronsons part (mysterious stranger) and Hackman has Henry Fondas part(ruthless gunman), while Dicaprio and Crowe are additions (some scenes were almost copied). I liked it, nothing revolutionary, why break a formula that works? but well cast and played. I dont think i have seen Stone ever look so utterly unsexy which was nice.
  • Bumblebee 2018 - IMDb...great arc in the Transformer storyline....got me by the feels a couple of times.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....my latest couple.....

Outside the Wire  Boombuzz
    Amazoncom The Amazing Spider-Man 2  Andrew Garfield Emma Stone Jamie  Foxx Dane DeHaan Colm Feore Felicity Jones Paul Giamatti Sally Field  Embeth Davidtz Campbell Scott Marton Csokas Louis Cancelmi Max Charles
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited October 2023
    Watched Joyride with Ashley Park - most recently seen in S3 of Only Murders in the Building, Sherry Cola, and Stephanie Hsu - of Everything Everywhere All At Once fame. It's an Asian girl road-trip movie to China. Not everything lands but the funny bits are definitely very funny.

Also watched John Wick 4. More of the same with crazy stunts and gun fights. Sad to see one of, if not the last, performances from Lance Reddick. The ending surprised but the series has definitely run it's course and this was a good place to stop. Only quibble the movie is about a hour too long.  Anyone of the action set pieces could have been dropped without impacting the story.
  • Watching Ipcress File again on TCM. 
    I adore my Michael Caine. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • We saw a cute film on Apple TV+ last night -- Flora and Son starring Eve Hewson (Bono's daughter) and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It's about a single mom in Dublin who decides to learn how to play the guitar to find a connection with her 14-year-old son, who's had some minor run-ins with the law. Her teacher is an American in LA -- they have lessons over the computer.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched Pet Sematary:Bloodlines.

Jud Crandall and his girlfriend try to leave their hometown of Ludlow but a dark secret that affects every one of the townspeople prevents their escape and drags them into a nightmare confrontation.

A prequel story of the pet sematary, based of a chapter in the original novel. I watched the trailer and tbought ...."this doesn't look too bad, good cast".  Yeah I was totally wrong, this is crap, plain and simple. In the novel the whole story of Timmy Baterman is a creepy as fcuk tale that chills and thrills even thought it is only a few pages long. This adaptation does neither of those things, it fails to capture the sense of grief and loss, the feelings of fear and terror, its well made and the performances are ok but you feel no empathy for the characters, and that is a fatal flaw in any story. It becomes another run of the mill generic horror movie, uninteresting and bland. 

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoir
  • Watching Ipcress File again on TCM. 
    I adore my Michael Caine. 

GNTLGNTHedda Gablernot_nadineKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Watched Haunted Mansion.

A mother and her young sone move into a old mansion unaware that it is infested with ghosts, she recruits some amature supernatural investigators and mediums to help her rid the house of the spirits, but it turns out that the ghosts are also terrified of something sinister in the mansion.......

This is a fairly lightweight comedy, it has some charm, the cast are good and while it drags a bit it spots it's reasonably enjoyable sunday afternoon fodder.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited October 2023
    Watched The Exorcist:Believer

Two young girls go missing while walking in the woods. They reappear 3 days later with no recollection of what happened. They begin to exhibit signs of disturbing behaviour.which becomes more demonic in time. The father of one of the girls turns for help to one woman who may be able to explain what is happening.....Chris MacNeil......

Now this is a bad movie, the makers have tried to justify it as an Exorcist movie  by having Ellen Burstyn reprise her role as Chris MacNeil, its basically an extended cameo,  she's a fine actress but she has about 5 minutes screen time and her appearence in it is pointless. This is a dull boring movie,  it tries in some ways to emulate the original but it falls flat at every turn. David Gordon Green is a mediocre director at best, he had a lot of success with the reboot Halloween trilogy but there's a big difference between a slasher flick and something as thought provoking as The Exorcist. Putting it simply, this is like a knock off pair of jeans, at a glance it looks like the real thing, it has the stitches and the tags, but when you examine it closely it just falls apart.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched It Lives Inside.

A teenage girl rejects her East Indian culture and tries to immerse herself in all things American. But when her friend comes to her for help and she pushes her away an ancient suoernatural entity is unleashed and it latches on to her and attacks those she loves....

There's a lot of dumb stuff in this but it is still a reasonably enjoyable creature feature, the performances are good and the creature design is decent. 

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Burial on Amazon -- Jamie Foxx is a flashy personal injury lawyer; Tommy Lee Jones owns a small chain of funeral homes and is suing a conglomerate determined to put him out of business. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • This looks interesting

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited October 2023
    Saw Talk To Me with the missus.  We were both entertained and kept off-balance by the Aussie horror flick. It kinda plays off of The Monkey's Paw but in a unique way. Had no clear idea of where the story was going, which is always refreshing.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited October 2023
    Rewatched.....Dracula Untold.

Dracula makes a deal with an ancient creature to recieve its power to save his kingdom from invading turkish hordes, if he can withstand the urge to drink blood for three days he will revert back to human......

Its enjoyable enough, it was meant to kick start the Dark Universe series of movies for Universal but they downplayed this one and went with the Tom Cruise movie The Mummy instead.

Rewatched......The Plague Of The Zombies

The residents of a small village are dying and their corpses disappearing. The local doctor enlists the aid of his former mentor and his daughter to try to unravel the mystery, could the local Squire be involved somehow.....

Classic vintage hammer, great cast, absolutely love this one, was filmed back to back with The Reptile using much of the same cast and sets.

Full movie....

Watched..... Dark Harvest....

Every halloween the teens from a town must hunt and kill a demon from the cornfields to save their town from a devastation.

This was a mix between, The Purge, Children Of The Corn and Pumpkinhead. While its fairly predictable this is still an enjoyable enough piece of hokum.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Watched Extraction 2. Damn the movie has some serious action. Plus my least favorite type of fight scenes - outside on top of a tall building - with glass overhangs. High height fight scenes really freak me out.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • The Mother 2023 - IMDb

While fleeing from dangerous assailants, an assassin comes out of hiding to protect her daughter, whom she left earlier in life.

...surprisingly good action film...JLo was badass.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Rewatched a trio of big croc/alligator movies.....

Rogue....

An Australian outback tour boat is attacked by a large croc and runs aground on a small island in a river, as the water level rises and the croc attacks repeatedly the survivors must decide to wait for help or make a break and swin for it....

I really enjoy this one every time I watch it, good cast, good performances and a good CGI croc.

Alligator.

A cop claims his partener was killed by a giant alligator in the sewer, nobody believes him.....but when half eaten body parts are fished out of the drains they begin to think he may be right...

Love this one,  a comedy of sorts, even though there's lots of live alligator shots filmed against minature cars and dustbims it works quite well, and it has the late great Robert Forster.

Crocodile...

A group of teens on a boating trip disturb the nest of a large croc, the croc then hunts them down one by one...

Tobe Hooper has made several great movies, this isn't one of them, I've watched it a few times over the years and its just bad on every level.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Can't wait for this one.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • ....gnarly!!....
    FlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched, Five Nights At Freddy's

A down on his luck young man accepts a nightwatch security job at a disused pizzeria, all he has to do is stay awake amd keep.watching the monitors......

This has its moments, it reminded me a bit of the Banana Splits movie from a couple of years back, big animatronic animals gone wild slicing prople up, it waa ok if a tad predictable.

Rewatched, Legend Of The Werewolf...

A small travelling circus find a feral boy living in the forest, apparently raised by wolves.  As he gets older he becomes affected by the full moon.....which causes him to transform into a savage beast....

A classic from Tyburn Films, a mini rival to Hammer. Good cast, good performances, good make up design. This is an often overlooked gem.

Full Movie...

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma