Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Wonder Woman 1984 - Rotten Tomatoes...weak.....weak as Superman with a pantsload of kryptonite....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Inside Man - SF Anytime
    Impressive cast where the three leads are supported by Willem Dafoe, Christopher Plummer and Chiwitel Ejiofor. It shows in quality. Good bank robbery movie.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched Contagion (2011) and it is creepy how close it is to recent events. Lead by an ensemble cast without any clear lead consisting of Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, Laurence Fishburne and Marion Cotillard. All very good to excellent actors resulting in a real good movie.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Got to see this one finally. It was fun, i enjoyed it. 

Still looking for Gambit ( with michael Caine) FREE out in the wild. Anyone spots it, let me know. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched a couple.....

It's A Wonderful Knife.

A young girl kills the serial killer who murdered her best friend, a year later in the depths of depression she wishes she had never been born......her wish is granted.

A slasher version of the Christmas classic It's A Wonderful Life,  this is mildly amusing, but it really isn't good enough to fcuk around with the original movies classic story.

Thanksgiving.....

A killer targets a select group of people, can the local sheriff stop the maniac before the whole group are slaughtered.

A total throwback to the classic slashers of the 80's , its fun and gory and dumb in equal measure.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....ah yes bro, nothing screams Christmas like wholesale celluloid slaughter..... :D
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched Mr. Monk's Last Case. Great to see the old gang together. Movie often had me and the wife smiling a lot and laughing out loud a couple of times. Monk bringing his own hand sanitizer station to the court house lobby is very funny. They got more than a few laughs over the impact Covid had not only on Monk but people in general.

The movie is very a much a feel good cozy mystery.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I adore Monk. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched the new The Candyman on Netflix. I found it OK, my wife liked it more than I did. There were some effective and inventive 'kill' sequences.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Batman film - Wikipedia....this franchise reboot is a bit overlong, but I didn't hate it.....well done reimaging.....gonna take a while for me to warm up to the "sparkly vampire" as the titular character.....my favorite remains Christian Bale.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurbenNotaro
  • Robin Hood (2010) with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett as Robin and Marion. This is totally based on the legend which has very little to do with reality. But it is a good enjoyable adventure story if a bit overlong. Directed by Ridley Scott but to be honest i liked his Gladiator more but as an adventure/action this is very passable.

NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • ....although Robin careening through Sherwood in a chariot would be undeniably cool.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Silencing VUDU HD or iTunes 4K - HD MOVIE CODES....an agreeable consumption of time here with a nice twist.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Robin Hood (2010) with Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett as Robin and Marion. This is totally based on the legend which has very little to do with reality. But it is a good enjoyable adventure story if a bit overlong. Directed by Ridley Scott but to be honest i liked his Gladiator more but as an adventure/action this is very passable.

At the time, I thought Gladiator was a great movie. Not sure what I would think now. I cried so hard watching this. Ridiculously hard. Joaquin was so abusive and evil and crowe’s love for his family— those last scenes of him left me a mess. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Watched The Batman (2022) , The film noir restart of the Batman franchise. Rubert Pattinson as the lead. I think he was OK, better, imo, than Ben Affleck was but not as good as Christian Bale. The star in this movie for me was Zoe Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Probably my favourite Catwoman.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Batman (2022) , The film noir restart of the Batman franchise. Rubert Pattinson as the lead. I think he was OK, better, imo, than Ben Affleck was but not as good as Christian Bale. The star in this movie for me was Zoe Kravitz as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. Probably my favourite Catwoman.
    ....yeppur....costume was lame, but her characterization was on point....
    KurbenHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Watched The Running Man. Hasn't seen it since its release in the 80,s. Had forgotten most of it. Passable as a movie but rather low on the list on King adaptations. Arnie is Arnie but the best actor without a doubt is Maria Conchita Alonso. And, to be honest, there is a reason i had forgotten most of it, its that kind of movie. Found it on Netflix so i thought why not?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyHedda Gabler
  • Meg 2 The Trench 2023 - IMDb...no surprises, but some good effects and quips.......
    NeesyKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Watched The Running Man. Hasn't seen it since its release in the 80,s. Had forgotten most of it. Passable as a movie but rather low on the list on King adaptations. Arnie is Arnie but the best actor without a doubt is Maria Conchita Alonso. And, to be honest, there is a reason i had forgotten most of it, its that kind of movie. Found it on Netflix so i thought why not?
    I loved this movie. 😊
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Buy John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum - Microsoft Store.....awesome action film, so over the top it was funny....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • We watched Maestro (Netflix) last night, the biopic of Leonard Bernstein. It's really as much about his relationship with his wife, played by Carey Mulligan, who is exquisite. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • ....was a recliner spud and watched two last night....

The Equalizer 3 - Rotten Tomatoes...best of the three, and the first two were good....

Buy Justice League  Bonus - Microsoft Store...another decent, if not fantastic outing for the characters...Jeremy Irons as Alfred, was fantastic.....
    Hedda GablerNeesyFlakeNoir
  • HEAT

French Connection
    GNTLGNTNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Amazoncom Jack Reacher - Never Go Back Region 2  Movies  TV....another good outing for Tom as the titular character.....

Transformers The Last Knight - Rotten Tomatoes...interesting blend of science fiction and Arthurian legend, with a great performance by Anthony Hopkins....and Cogsworth the "manservant" is hilarious......
    NeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoir

•  Bringing Up Baby - Wikipedia
    An absolutely hilarious comedy from 1938 with Grant and Hepburn in topform. Its 85 year old now but it never go stale on me. One of the all time great comedies in my book. They must have had amazingly skilled animal trainers.....  Can a leopard ever be truly tame??? It certainly looked like it here. And this was long before Special effects and CGI and things. Masterful direction by Howard Hawks as usual. He has made so many great movies but this, together with Rio Bravo, To Have And Have Not, The Big Sleep and Red River are probably in my top 5 of his.
    NeesyHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT