Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Better than the previous one with Shia Lebeouf that i think went of track somewhere. This is back to basics. Nothing new but very entertaining and two good bad guys in Mads Mikkelsen and Antonio Banderas, I hope this is the final one. I think its time to hang up the hat and the whip. And this is a much better note to end the franchise on then the previous one. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    My post was removed? With not a word to me privately or publicly? I don't understand that. 🥺
    I was trying to help someone I care about see what others see.
    I'm so sorry if my words have upset people, I find that painful. 🥹
    Any idea what happened Flakes?
    None.
    GNTLGNT
  • Has anyone watched The Wonder on Netflix? 

Girl hasn’t eaten for 4 months— old men want to know how she is controlling her body. 

A tale as old as time. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Has anyone watched The Wonder on Netflix? 

Girl hasn’t eaten for 4 months— old men want to know how she is controlling her body. 

A tale as old as time. 
    Yes, I have. It was good, heavy/sad in places. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny. Better than the previous one with Shia Lebeouf that i think went of track somewhere. This is back to basics. Nothing new but very entertaining and two good bad guys in Mads Mikkelsen and Antonio Banderas, I hope this is the final one. I think its time to hang up the hat and the whip. And this is a much better note to end the franchise on then the previous one. 
    I saw this one at the flicks, it was good, entertaining and I agree it would be a good one to end the Indiana Jones legacy on.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Has anyone watched The Wonder on Netflix? 

A tale as old as time. 
    Is it scary? Obviously she has to be eating, right?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Has anyone watched The Wonder on Netflix? 

A tale as old as time. 
    Is it scary? Obviously she has to be eating, right?
    Not scary. Don't want to say more in case you watch it.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • I’ll watch. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • saw Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Tom Cruise is... Tom Cruise, neither more or less, He has never really fitted my image of Reacher from the books i read. My fave actors in this movie were the women. Both actors i have never heard of before, Cobie Smulders and Danika Yarosh. But for me they were the stars of this movie.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    saw Jack Reacher: Never Go Back. Tom Cruise is... Tom Cruise, neither more or less, He has never really fitted my image of Reacher from the books i read. My fave actors in this movie were the women. Both actors i have never heard of before, Cobie Smulders and Danika Yarosh. But for me they were the stars of this movie.
    ....agreed in all respects....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • ...jumped back nearly 20 years and watched Marvel's "The Punisher" in it's entirety....great action flick.....

The Punisher 2004  ARTS IN NYC
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • El Conde on Netflix looks very interesting. Anyone watch it, report back. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Granger on Movies The Expendables 3...outstanding action and a hella good cast.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I went to see "A Haunting in Venice" at the weekend with my best friend. 
    The film is loosely based on the Agatha Christie novel "Hallowe'en Party". 
    Directed by (and starring) Kenneth Branagh, retired detective Hercule Poirot--reluctantly attends a seance in post WWII Venice.
    During which, one of the guests is murdered; prompting him back out of retirement to solve the case.

This was very well done, atmospheric with a sense of claustrophobia set mostly in the confines of a Venetian Palazoo. 

There was great character depth and interaction, particularly between father (Jamie Dornan) and son (Jude Hill) both being extremely emotionally charged roles. Young Jude Hill was exceptional and I expect he will have a bright future. 

This film had many solemn and tender moments that will have audiences empathising. 

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I went to see "A Haunting in Venice" at the weekend with my best friend. 

Very loosely, it seems - I just finished reading the Christie novel and I don't see anything in the trailer that reminds me of the book--which isn't, it must be said, one of her finest.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Extremely loosely i imagine. Written in 1969 when Christie was well past her prime so to speak (she died in 76). I remember the book is set in a village in england where a young girl is killed, brutally so, and Poirot and his old friend Ariadne Oliver is among the guests. Nothing ghostly about it really.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Directed by (and starring) Kenneth Branagh, retired detective Hercule Poirot--reluctantly attends a seance in post WWII Venice.
    During which, one of the guests is murdered; prompting him back out of retirement to solve the case.

This was very well done, atmospheric with a sense of claustrophobia set mostly in the confines of a Venetian Palazoo. 

There was great character depth and interaction, particularly between father (Jamie Dornan) and son (Jude Hill) both being extremely emotionally charged roles. Young Jude Hill was exceptional and I expect he will have a bright future. 

This film had many solemn and tender moments that will have audiences empathising. 

Great review Flakes, I saw the movie over the weekend, you're absolutely spot on about the young boy, he really was excellent in it. I thought the movie was really good, less flashy than the first two, more low key, and all the better for it. After Death On The Nile I wasn't too pushed about a third movie but after this I hope Branagh does another one.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Extremely loosely i imagine. Written in 1969 when Christie was well past her prime so to speak (she died in 76). I remember the book is set in a village in england where a young girl is killed, brutally so, and Poirot and his old friend Ariadne Oliver is among the guests. Nothing ghostly about it really.
    Drowned in an apple-bobbing pail after she announced earlier in the day that she'd witnessed a murder, although she didn't realize that's what it was at the time. Ariadne was there but Poirot only gets invited to investigate after the fact. Chock full of Greek mythology.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Right, okay yes... 😃I'd just watched the film so was reviewing that, not the book.😜😁
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Great review Flakes, I saw the movie over the weekend, you're absolutely spot on about the young boy, he really was excellent in it. I thought the movie was really good, less flashy than the first two, more low key, and all the better for it. After Death On The Nile I wasn't too pushed about a third movie but after this I hope Branagh does another one.
    That kid was brilliant, wasn't he? I was very impressed. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited September 2023
    Kurben said:
    Extremely loosely i imagine. Written in 1969 when Christie was well past her prime so to speak (she died in 76). I remember the book is set in a village in england where a young girl is killed, brutally so, and Poirot and his old friend Ariadne Oliver is among the guests. Nothing ghostly about it really.
    Drowned in an apple-bobbing pail after she announced earlier in the day that she'd witnessed a murder, although she didn't realize that's what it was at the time. Ariadne was there but Poirot only gets invited to investigate after the fact. Chock full of Greek mythology.
    Oh? Misremembered that part, thought Poirot was a guest too but i did remember the apples and the pail. There always seem to be apples around when Ariadne is part of the cast. Kind of a thing. I can imagine it is easier to make a good movie out of this book than Branaghs two earlier attempts. This is not a classic like the the earlier two, here you can play around a bit more with unexpected twists, settings and add/subtract to make it a good movie.
    FlakeNoirBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • El Conde on Netflix looks very interesting. Anyone watch it, report back. 
    Yep, I watched it, tis a good one, its quite funny in a strange way, the whole premise is whacky, Augusto Pinochet is depicted as an ancient vampire who finally decides he wants to die but his family want access to his hidden fortune before he's allowed to rest in peace, and the vatican sends an assassin nun over to kill him but that doesn't go according to plan, plus the whole movie is narrated by Margaret Thatcher.....no I'm not kidding😃. Definitely worth a look.

Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2023
    Notaro said:
    El Conde on Netflix looks very interesting. Anyone watch it, report back. 
    Yep, I watched it, tis a good one, its quite funny in a strange way, the whole premise is whacky, Augusto Pinochet is depicted as an ancient vampire who finally decides he wants to die but his family want access to his hidden fortune before he's allowed to rest in peace, and the vatican sends an assassin nun over to kill him but that doesn't go according to plan, plus the whole movie is narrated by Margaret Thatcher.....no I'm not kidding😃. Definitely worth a look.

I started it. I did not realize it was MT narrating. Bwhaha!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Rewatched and reread The Hunger Games. The first book is actually quite good. And so is the movie.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Yesterday I watched No On Will Save You, the alien invasion horror film on Hulu -- very good, very scary, with an oddball gimmick and an ending that's a little iffy. Then we watched Moving On with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin--a dark comedy on Hulu. Finally got to see Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, which was every bit as fun as I hoped it would be.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir