Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Watched Jodhaa Akbar. 3,5 hours long! An Indian movie about the queen of Akbar The Great, She was a hindu and he was a muslem and he united his empire by making religious tolerance for all religions a cornerstone in his policy. Thereby he eventually, after initial reluctance, made the Mughal empire the biggest in the world at the time. He governed about a fourth of the worlds population. He reigned for 49 years and is considered the best of the Mughal emperors. It was his grandson that built Taj Mahal. It was the british that replaced the Mughals eventually in the 19,th century but the empire started going downhill and splintered into fractions earlier, in the 18,th century. Their peak lies in the 16,th and 17,th centuries where their great rulers are. Babur, Akbar, Shah Jahan and Ahrangzeb were all competent rulers during that time. Babur was the founder. He lost a power struggle in central Asia and moved south into Afghanistan and India and founded the Mughal Empire. He was related to Tamerlane on his fathers side and Genghis Khan on his mothers side but even if the origin was Mongol it was soon mixed with persian and Hindi wifes. Family trees is a nightmare to do among the Mughals. They allowed many marriages at the same time and in the later stages they were supposed to have concubines too. Didn't matter if they wanted too or not it was expected as a symbol of manhood. If they had sex with them or not was not as important.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....finally got around to watching Bird Box last night.......even without a creature reveal it kept my attention.....John Malkovich was lights out......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched Robots.

It had a couple of chuckles but pretty forgettable overall.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Rewatched a few over the last couple of days...

The Day Of The Triffids (Full Moviw)

The Last Man On Earth (Full Movie)

The Asphyx (Full Movie)

Rabid (Full Movie)

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • Only seen Rabid of those. Is Day of the Triffids good?? I know the book is real good. Written by one of my fave SF authors, John Wyndham.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Yes Kurben the Triffids movie is good, worth a watch.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I've started watching 'Storm of the Century'  I'd never seen it or read the book.  Now I must.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • ....what a line-up!!....and you can never go astray with anything Mr. Price was in....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • "Day of the Triffids" is coming to a weekend near me. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • Recently I watched the 1949 film "Kind Hearts and Coronets." It was absolutely fantastic, my first viewing. 
    Alec Guinness plays 8 different characters. Dennis Price was exquisite in the lead role.
    This was funny, entertaining, cleverly written and played by an excellent cast.

Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Recently I watched the 1949 film "Kind Hearts and Coronets." It was absolutely fantastic, my first viewing. 
    Alec Guinness plays 8 different characters. Dennis Price was exquisite in the lead role.

One of the great british comedies of its era!!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Hidden Strike 2023 - IMDb...comedy/action....certainly not award worthy but was a good use of 90 plus minutes....
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Recently I watched the 1949 film "Kind Hearts and Coronets." It was absolutely fantastic, my first viewing. 

In my top 5 movies of all time, it is absolutely flawless. Delighted you enjoyed it Flakes.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:

https://youtu.be/lTOeAGSV5R
    Flake, if you like these comedies (called Ealing comedy movies) I can recommend Whisky Galore (1949), The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) and The Ladykillers (1955) which are great. The last two also have Alec Guinness in there.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:

In my top 5 movies of all time, it is absolutely flawless. Delighted you enjoyed it Flakes.
    Thanks for introducing me to it, another fabulous film. 
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Flake, if you like these comedies (called Ealing comedy movies) I can recommend Whisky Galore (1949), The Lavender Hill Mob (1951) and The Ladykillers (1955) which are great. The last two also have Alec Guinness in there.
    Brilliant, thank you Kurben, I will check these out if possible. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • .....needed to vicariously blow off some steam last night after work, so I stayed up and watched Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise......
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....needed to vicariously blow off some steam last night after work, so I stayed up and watched Jack Reacher with Tom Cruise......
    I enjoyed those Reacher movies Scott, I know a lot of people weren't happy when he (Cruise) took on the role, but not having read any of the books I went in with no preconceived notions of how it should be, I thought they did their job, kept me entertained for a couple of hours each time.🤔
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Thanks for introducing me to it, another fabulous film. 
    You are more than welcome Flakes🙂
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Excellent recommendations Kurben.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • My daughter and I went to see Barbie. I was skeptical going in, I expected a total goof-fess. But I was pleasantly surprised. It had a good plot, the casting of Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken were spot-on and it made me laugh out loud several times. America Ferrera has a speech about what it means to be a woman these days and it took my breath away. Even made me tear up some. It was a great movie. Definitely was a perfect mom/daughter date night. Way better than expected. 

Makes me wish I still had my Barbies from growing up. I did play with them but was always happier reading. 🙂😉
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • ....I wish I still had my GI Joe Jeep with the spotlight and rocket launcher....DANG!....I've seen some prices on those and they'd make the "real hair" Joes lose all of it....
    catFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • cat said:
    My daughter and I went to see Barbie. I was skeptical going in, I expected a total goof-fess. But I was pleasantly surprised. It had a good plot, the casting of Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken were spot-on and it made me laugh out loud several times. America Ferrera has a speech about what it means to be a woman these days and it took my breath away. Even made me tear up some. It was a great movie. Definitely was a perfect mom/daughter date night. Way better than expected. 

Makes me wish I still had my Barbies from growing up. I did play with them but was always happier reading. 🙂😉
    I’ve heard it is really good. Did you guys wear pink ?
    catNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    My daughter and I went to see Barbie. I was skeptical going in, I expected a total goof-fess. But I was pleasantly surprised. It had a good plot, the casting of Margot Robbie as Barbie and Ryan Gosling as Ken were spot-on and it made me laugh out loud several times. America Ferrera has a speech about what it means to be a woman these days and it took my breath away. Even made me tear up some. It was a great movie. Definitely was a perfect mom/daughter date night. Way better than expected. 

I’ve heard it is really good. Did you guys wear pink ?
    We did! 😄 Well, Ali did. I don't own anything pink. So I did the best I could, and wore a purply/burgundy shirt. We matched pretty good. 😆
    NotaroHedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Watched Insidious: The Red Door.

Father and son Josh and Dalton undergo hypnosis to erase the memories of the trauma they endured in The Further, but years later the memories start to invade again and the evil follows....

This is a direcct sequel to the second movie, and is directed by its star Patrick Wilson. Overall its not too bad, it doesn't have as many jump scares as the other movies but it should keep devotees happy.

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir