Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Watched The Undefeated with John Wayne and Rock Hudson. Wayne as a retired Yankee officer, Hudson as a proud Retired Confederate officer that reluctantly are forced to join forces to survive the vily mexicans. Actually quite good. Somehow i missed this one before. From 1969 so at the tail end of Waynes career but he is good.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Scream VI - more of the same but with an extra dollop of blood. Enjoyed the first two thirds of the movie but then the violence became too cartoony. People getting up after being gutted and/or stabbed, or shot, multiple times went way overboard killing any sense of dread or tension.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched The Patriot. with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger in the leads from 2000 and directed by Roland Emmerich so of course its overlong. Basically the same story as Braveheart with the bad english and the brave veteran who in the beginning wants to stay neutral until his family is drawn in then he is in it for revenge. This is not as inspired and hasn't the really good supporting cast of Braveheart. And of course it is historically inaccurate but it is , just as, Braveheart, entertaining. Gibson and Ledger are good. They play father and son.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched A time To Kill. Good actors, Sandra Bullock, Samuel L. Jackson, Matthew McConnaughy, Kevin Spacey but the main lead is Mc Connaughy which has never been a fave actor of mine. I dont know why but somehow he never convinces me and i only see the actor and not the character the actor portrays. Probably a fault on my side since many think he is great. I wont say he ruined the movie for me but he diminished it. It is a courtroom drama built on, i think, a Grisham novel.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2023
    Watched SISU.

An aging prospector in Finland strikes it lucky, a nazi tank commander steals his gold and leaves him for dead......

Hugely enjoyable, almost cartoon like violence....you gotta love a movie where nazis are slaughtered mercilessly.

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Watched A time To Kill. Good actors, Sandra Bullock, Samuel L. Jackson, Matthew McConnaughy, Kevin Spacey but the main lead is Mc Connaughy which has never been a fave actor of mine. I dont know why but somehow he never convinces me and i only see the actor and not the character the actor portrays. Probably a fault on my side since many think he is great. I wont say he ruined the movie for me but he diminished it. It is a courtroom drama built on, i think, a Grisham novel.
    ...Indeed, it was penned by John Grisham....
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited May 2023
    Watched Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie. Aptly named and a warts and all overview of his life. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2023
    Watched Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie. Aptly named and a warts and all overview of his life. 
    I know mjf doesn’t want pity, but I can’t help feeling sad. I can’t control it. 
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaNotaroFlakeNoirKurben
  • Went and saw The Boogeyman. 
    not_nadineGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirKurben

And?  And?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurben
    Funny Believe in Boogeyman Meme - Boogeyman - Tapestry  TeePublic
    Lou_SytsmaHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurben
  • It was okay. The three leads did a good job. Some story situations felt disjointed and rando. but that opening scene just about did me in. It was horror for sure and I hated it for making me horrified. But what a way to open the story. 

Sk’s version is in night shift so I’m going to read it again tonight. 
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaNotaroFlakeNoirKurben
  • Watched The Tank.

A man inherits a remote property from his late mother, he arrives there with his wife and daughter, but something else from his past is also in residence there....and its hungry.

This was a tad clichéd but still a watchable creature feature. The performances were fine and the creature design was decent.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • i watched The Black Demon, a Mexican/American shark movie. You know i'm a sucker for shark movies, just a kink in my faulty character, but even i could not find something positive to say about this one. Bottom of the barrel and i can go pretty deep in the barrel and still enjoy myself but this..... NO! Josh Lucas in the lead as an oilrig engineer that gets stranded on a rig with his family.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • We got a kick out of Flamin' Hot on Hulu -- based on the true story of the Frito Lay janitor who came up with the idea of Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Directed by Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives). It's really funny (the lead actor has a Cheech Marin vibe) but also a feel-good film. Dennis Haysbert has a terrific role.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Living — netflix Bill Nighy
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Living — netflix Bill Nighy
    That was a good one.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • watched Mission Impossible: Fallout. Entertaining but not really memorable. I think that the motorcycle hunt scene in Paris was my favourite part. Funnily enough the best motorcycle hunt scene i ever saw was also set in Paris. In Luc Bessons Subway with Christopher Lambert in the lead. Made somewhere in the 80.s.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited June 2023
    We watched the 2022 film The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry on Hulu. It's a bit Hallmark-y and overstuffed with plot, but a nice film all the same. We really liked the novel. A paean to books.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • We watched the 2022 film The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry on Hulu. It's a bit Hallmark-y and overstuffed with plot, but a nice film all the same. We really liked the novel. A paean to books.
    I liked the novel too. Might give this a go. 
    KurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ....I Netflixed and vampired last night...watched Day Shift and Blood Red Sky....the first had Jamie Foxx and Snoop Dogg, so there's that....the latter, was overweight by at least 45 minutes and way to murky for it's own good....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • “the first had Jamie Foxx and Snoop Dogg, so there's that...”

🤣😂🤣😂
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Quentin Tarantino, Roger Avery and Eli Roth did an episode of Video Archives on American Giallos. They talked about a movie, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.  Watched that on youtube. 

Noticed Stephen King got a dvd copy of that recently so makes me think he listens to the podcast too. 

They are on break now and I am anxious for season two. Fun to listen to them talk movies. 
    Lou_SytsmaNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Quentin Tarantino, Roger Avery and Eli Roth did an episode of Video Archives on American Giallos. They talked about a movie, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage.  Watched that on youtube. 

Noticed Stephen King got a dvd copy of that recently so makes me think he listens to the podcast too. 

They are on break now and I am anxious for season two. Fun to listen to them talk movies. 
    I think that is Dario Argento's first movie. He would just get better and better. My faves of his is Suspiria, Inferno, Tenebrea, Deep Red and Phenomena. All from his prime which was about 1974-1987. He made other movies worth watching in the 90,s and early 2000,s too, Trauma, The Stendhal Syndrome, Sleepless but IMO are they not as good as his 70,s and 80,s work. The intensity, the thrill that these movies awoke in the watcher is really something.
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I Netflixed and vampired last night...watched Day Shift and Blood Red Sky....the first had Jamie Foxx and Snoop Dogg, so there's that....the latter, was overweight by at least 45 minutes and way to murky for it's own good....
    Of the two I prefered Blood Red Sky, but I agree Scott it could had done with a trim 🙂
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir