Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Watched 65.

A spaceship pilot and a young girl must fight to survive on a prehistoric planet after their ship crash lands. 

Enjoyable romp, good visual effects, the actors don't really have much to do except look worried. 

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Seventh Son film - Wikipedia....another fun romp.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Boston Strangler on Hulu (with Keira Knightly and Carrie Coon) is about the two investigative journalists who figured out there was a connection among a rash of murders and forced the police to investigate. I didn't know as much about this case as I thought I did...the last half hour is quite enlightening.
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Rewatched Foul Play from 1978 with Goldie Hawn, Chevy Chase, Burgess Meredith and Dudley Moore in a hilarious smaller role. A thrillercomedy that actually stand the test of time. It is a bit slower in pace than usual nowadays but thats not really a bad thing. And Goldie Hawn is actually golden in this type of role....  I know, i know, a pun too much so forgive me and lets move on.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Boston Strangler on Hulu (with Keira Knightly and Carrie Coon) is about the two investigative journalists who figured out there was a connection among a rash of murders and forced the police to investigate. I didn't know as much about this case as I thought I did...the last half hour is quite enlightening.
    Saw this one as well, had read a couple of book about it years ago, there was definitely some question as to his guilt for eveey single murder.
    FlakeNoirBevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Watched Scream 6....

The survivors from the last movie move to New York for a fresh start but a new killer starts to stalk and kill them........zzzzzzzzzzz😴

I was bored to tears with the last one and this is only marginally better but its still tedious, predictable, pointless, the only thing different in this one is it's incredibly violent, the kills are much more graphic, so I guess thats either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preference. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesyFlakeNoir
  • ....no plot, no freshness....amp up the gore and violence quotient....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNeesyFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I am so bored with the bloody violence stuff.  

You call yourself creative. 
    KurbenNeesyFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Scream 6....

The survivors from the last movie move to New York for a fresh start but a new killer starts to stalk and kill them........zzzzzzzzzzz😴

I was bored to tears with the last one and this is only marginally better but its still tedious, predictable, pointless, the only thing different in this one is it's incredibly violent, the kills are much more graphic, so I guess thats either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preference. 

It's a bad thing, no need to question this... blood, gore, stabby-stabby, cutty-slice... noooooooo. 😃
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited April 2023
    Got around to watching Jordan Peele's latest - NOPE. Felt more like a JUST OK to me. While visually interesting there were portions of the movie - Steve Yuen's character background, specifically - that had no relevance to the main storyline that I could divine.

Peele's movies are a progressively diminishing rate of decline. Get Out was good, Us - was OK - terrible final scene, and NOPE just meandered mostly due to a lack of clearly defined character motivations.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • TETRIS is a surprisingly good Cold War thriller. I wasn't expecting that at all!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ...The Curse of Bridge Hollow....goofy ass fun movie on Netflix starring Marlon Wayans....Halloween decorations come to life...need I say more?....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited April 2023
    rewatched Chato's Land with Charles Bronson and Jack Palance. Excellent western from 1972 directed by Michael Winner that started the fruitful collaboration between Bronson and Winner in the 70,s and 80,s(The Mechanic, The Stone Killer, Death Wish 1, 2 and 3). They seemed to understand one another. Part of the so called revisionist westerns of the time (another good one in this class is A Man Called Horse)where the roles often are reversed, the natives trying to get by but is subjected to heavy racism and rapes of their woman. Here a halfbreed are forced in selfdefence to shoot a person and a posse is after him. Bronson and Palance dont have one single scene together! Bronson as the halfbreed and Palance as the leader of the posse.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • ...what a great set of old time tough hombres....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Rewatched No Way To Treat a Lady....

A serial killer is murdering women in New York, he contacts the lead detective on the case to brag about his accomplishments.

Terrific movie, inspired by the Boston Strangler case, superb  performance from Rod Steiger as the killer with excellent support from George Segal and Lee Remick.

Movie clip....

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Watched The Core with Aaron Eckhart and Hilary Swank in the leads. Earths core stops spinning, it must be started again or the earth will fry because the electromagnetic field is down. Fairly routine disaster movie built on the same line as the ones where a metor is abot to hit earth and you have to send people out in space and divert it but here instead you must get down to the earths core and restart it. You know i'm a sucker for disaster movies but this one underwhelmed me. The disaster scenes are only so-so and the story very basic. Neither Eckhart nor Swank seem very inspired but do an OK job. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched Death Hunt with Charles Bromson, Lee Marvin and Angie Dickinson.
    Death Hunt  Charles Bronson Lee Marvin Carl Weathers Peter Hunt Movies   TV - Amazoncom
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....oh boy!....love me some Angie!!.....

Angie Dickinson - IMDb
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched The Pope's Excorcist.

Father Gabriele Amorth, the chief exorcist for the  catholic church is sent to Spain to investigate the possible possession of a young boy.

After seeing the trailer I thought this would be a train wreck, but it's actually ok, it's fairly run of the mill, a pizza and beer movie, it drags a bit towards the end but overall it passes the time well enough.

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watched The Mechanic with Charles Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent. So-so. both Bronson, especially bronson, and vincent has done better. A Contract killer (Bronson) takes an apprentice (vincent) and gets into trouble because of it.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited April 2023
    ...from 2013, The Last Stand, with Ahhhnold....nothing special, but hella action packed....

The Last Stand 2013 - IMDb
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....pretty decent flick that hit us in the feels....

Review We Have a Ghost isnt anything like a traditional ghost movie   The Eastern Echo
  • We liked it -- and David Harbour is fantastic in it.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....indeed he is, great job of "facial" acting....found it amusing that The Falcon played such a schmuck for a goodly portion of the film....