Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• edited December 2022
    I’ve got del Toro’s Pinocchio lined up and I Love My Dad.

had a lull in things that interested me but it is picking up now. 

So many things.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Pinocchio is really good. I don't think I can face a cringe-fest like I Love My Dad, much as I like Patton Oswalt.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    Pinocchio is really good. I don't think I can face a cringe-fest like I Love My Dad, much as I like Patton Oswalt.
    I’m not sure how cringey they will take it. The story idea alone makes me wary. It’s creepy. 

But I keep seeing people loving it and thinking it’s funny — of course, these are people who probably have skin in the game to promote it. 

I have no problem hitting the eject button if I have to. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Pinocchio is really good. I don't think I can face a cringe-fest like I Love My Dad, much as I like Patton Oswalt.
    Uh oh

Patton’s kid in this movie tried to commit suicide. I can see the dad’s concern, the kid won’t talk to him (divorce situation) and has blocked him on all social media. He’s trying to stay connected to the kid. I get it. He’s truly trying to help him. I get it. But, this is a fragile kid. How is this going to be okay in the end? How is catfishing him okay?  We had catfish at SKMB — as a moderator, I had a very difficult time sitting back and allowing people to be catfished. very very very difficult. When I knew someone was a guy playing two roles on the board — one just the guy and the other as a female talking very flirty with some unsuspecting guy or getting personal friendly with a girl. I always did my best to protect people.  This is uncomfortable and I will see it to the end. How exactly are they going to make this okay? 

GNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Ohhhh. This is bad. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Yeah, I know enough about it to know it's not for me--not even for free.

Emily the Criminal was pretty good. Desperate people doing bad things.  I'm really looking forward to Glass Onion on Friday,
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I did not like this movie. I am so tired of selfish parents.  We’re seeing too much of that mental illness. 

Do not recommend. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Glass Onion
    When i read that it instantly makes me think about the Beatles song Glass Onion. But i guess they are totally unrelated?

GNTLGNTNotaroNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Glass Onion
    When i read that it instantly makes me think about the Beatles song Glass Onion. But i guess they are totally unrelated?

They used the song in the movie. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroNeesyFlakeNoir
  • Anyone watch Bullet Train with Brad Pitt?
    Yep, good fun, you should get a giggle out of it Hedda.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched Troll, a norwegian movie about a troll that wakens from his slumber when they are making a tunnel in the mountains. Good fun. Well made.
    NeesyHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Troll, a norwegian movie about a troll that wakens from his slumber when they are making a tunnel in the mountains. Good fun. Well made.
    ....wasn't bad a'tall.....thought the FX work was pretty convincing.....
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Watched my fave christmas movie., The Holiday. A Romcom, a genre i usually dont like but this is an exception. Also it got excellent actors in Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Jude Law and Eli Wallach. Think this is the third or fourth time at least i've seen it so it has become sort of a tradition.....
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • edited December 2022
    Kurben said:
    Watched my fave christmas movie., The Holiday. A Romcom, a genre i usually dont like but this is an exception. Also it got excellent actors in Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Jude Law and Eli Wallach. Think this is the third or fourth time at least i've seen it so it has become sort of a tradition.....
    I watched this last night. Well, over two nights. It's a tradition for me too, as is Notting Hill and Love Actually. My Christmas movies.🎄
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • Watched Glass Onion. Not bad but the first was way better.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesy
  • We enjoyed Glass Onion -- especially the way they kept switching the mystery genre up. The solution to the staged mystery weekend was especially satisfying.

We went for disruptive in terms of Christmas Eve movies -- A Bad Mom Christmas, which is rude, crude and oh, so funny, with a great cast.

Yesterday we went more traditional with Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck. It's a Christmas movie in name only, really, as the holiday plays only a peripheral role in the proceedings. It's a farce, highly improbable but delightfully entertaining.

We finished up with the Call the Midwives Christmas special, which was lovely as always.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Slumberland 2022 - IMDb....robust CGI, pallid plotting.......

The Gray Man 2022 - IMDb....LOVED this one......non-stop action and pretty good storyline.......
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We enjoyed The Fabelmans, Spielberg's most recent movie, a fictionalized account of his childhood. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • If anyone watches the movie, Help, with Jodie Comer, please come tell me about it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Everything, Everywhere, All At Once.

The film lives up to the title. Love the message and Short Round - Jonathan Ke Quan  - was a revelation but I found the film too frenetic to become unabashedly enamored with it.

Guess, I'm getting old.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Everything, Everywhere, All At Once.

The film lives up to the title. Love the message and Short Round - Jonathan Ke Quan  - was a revelation but I found the film too frenetic to become unabashedly enamored with it.

Guess, I'm getting old.
    I have it started. And stopped. I’ll get back to it but it wasn’t grabbing me.  
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • Oh wow. Just found Heat on Hulu. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Let me know what you think of The Menu. I'm trying to decide if it's something my wife would like to see, too, but I'm thinking it might be too dark/violent. I haven't read anything about it, so I'd like to go in fairly cold.
    GNTLGNTKurbenNeesy