Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• I am really looking forward to The Banshees of Inisherin on HBOMAX staring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Drops December 13th. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    I've been waiting for that one for a while.

We watched The Noel Diary last night on Netflix. A cute Christmassy kinda Hallmarky film.  A bit sentimental but it has a big heart. Stars Justin Hartley from THIS IS US and Barret Doss from STATION 19 + Bonnie Bedelia and James Remar (DEXTER).
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • We watched TICKET TO PARADISE starring George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Kaitlyn Dever (Loretta from JUSTIFIED). A cute movie, although I think the director did Clooney a disservice by pushing too far in a O, BROTHER direction with his performance. If he'd dialed the goofiness back a touch it would have worked better, in my opinion. I'm glad we got it free on Peacock rather than paying $20 for the other OnDemand venues.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • MRS HARRIS GOES TO PARIS (free on Peacock) is a thoroughly charming and delightful fairy tale. It’s based on a novel by Paul Gallico, who also wrote THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE. An earlier made-for-TV adaptation starred Angela Lansbury, Diana Rigg and Omar Sharif.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • MRS HARRIS GOES TO PARIS (free on Peacock) is a thoroughly charming and delightful fairy tale. It’s based on a novel by Paul Gallico, who also wrote THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE. An earlier made-for-TV adaptation starred Angela Lansbury, Diana Rigg and Omar Sharif.
    I’ll check it out. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Whiplash — youtube
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    I am really looking forward to The Banshees of Inisherin on HBOMAX staring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Drops December 13th. 
    Absolutely beautiful. I’ll be thinking on this one a good long time.

@FlakeNoir — talk to me before you watch this if you ever get the chance or desire. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    I just read an article likening this movie to twitter. That is the best you could do? 

We all see things through different eyes, unique life paths and experiences — and who am I to judge what someone feels about a creative thing? 

Well, call me judgy mcdana because this comparison is lazy, shallow and cheap. About as much depth as drop of water on the sand. It saddened me to think something so artistically beautiful was linked to such a (more times than not) vapid narcissistic shithole. 

Sure. We can see lots of meanings because there is so much to uncover here. I was just hoping for more enlightenment. Twitter and The Banshees of Inisherin are the same? — fuck me.  Let me hit my skull on the door post. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • And… when something, someone or an idea gets screen time which is costly and time consuming, it’s either a MacGuffin or that increasingly popular idea to amaze and amuse your friends at dinner parties — Chekov’s gun. 

In this case:

Chekov’s donkey. Son of a bitch. I knew the minute — the minute! — they put emphasis on this damn donkey it was a goner. And what’s more, as soon as Colm did what he did, I knew what was going to happen.  

Yes. Way. ugh

GNTLGNTNotaro
  • Troll 2022 - IMDb...both this, and the one above were interesting and not a colossal yawnfest....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ....although the last one reminded me just a bit of that Irish lad we all know and love.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • SK recommended SOLACE. So, I watched it. And it was good. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes- 1970 — freevee. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes- 1970 — freevee. 
    I have that on DVD!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes- 1970 — freevee. 
    I have that on DVD!
    I take it that means you liked it if you bought it for yourself?  I enjoyed it. I watched it because Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary discussed it in detail on their podcast, Video Archives.  They both loved it and apparently— knowledge Quentin learned but the general public did not know, the actor playing Sherlock tried to commit suicide while in the middle of filming. They took a very short break and soldiered on. 

I recommend the podcast episode for the information and discussion. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    Oh my holy holy!!!!!!

i just found The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra on Tubi TV— this is a free movie service. 

You do not find this movie out in the wild for free ever.

it is frigging hilarious. It is the dumbest sci fi movie ever made but on purpose! It is meant to be campy and cheesy. Makes fun of sci fi movies. I love this thing. Dumb dumb dumb absolutely perfectly dumb. 

But if you want to enjoy this free dumb, you have 12 days before Tubi takes it off. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Went to see this at the flicks with the kiddo at the weekend. Really enjoyed it, the animation is incredible. 

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroKurbenNeesy
  • I didn’t see the first one. James Cameron discusses making the first one in his masterclass. It was an incredible piece of hard work to get to the final product. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • ....it's driving me even crazier than I normally am, when people call it... The Way of THE Water."!!!!....there's no second "THE" you cretins!!!!!.....
    NotaroKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Cameron reckons the movie will have to earn over two billion dollars to just break even.....😲
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Cameron reckons the movie will have to earn over two billion dollars to just break even.....😲
    We've done our part to help achieve that. You're welcome James. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Glass Onion friday. Netflix. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Anyone watch Bullet Train with Brad Pitt?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Also have 7 Women and a Murder on reminder. Netflix
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT