Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Rewatched all four of the Spanish [●REC] movies.  

[●REC]

A film crew go on call with a fire brigade crew to show what life is like for them, they are sent to an old apartment block where an infection is spreading and turning the residents into homicidal maniacs.

Really good movie, creepy, tense, suspenseful, good performances .

[●REC]2

A crack squad go into the building to discover what has happened inside, they make a startling discovery....

Good sequel, enough action and jump scares to keep you gripped.

[●REC]3; Genesis 

The virus spreads, a wedding in a village is infected and mayhem ensues.

An ok move, some good set pieces.

[●REC]4; Apocalypse 

The reporter from the first movie is brought from the apartment block and quarantined on a ship out at sea. Inevitably the virus escapes and the ships occupants are soon fighting for their lives..

Another ok sequel, probably the weakest movie in the series.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • The Wretched - Rotten Tomatoes...the title says it all.....I long to have that two hours back.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited August 2022
    OLD— interesting. A little chaotic and not in a good way. But I still thought it was okay enough to watch. The poster is still the best thing about it. HBO Max
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Can anyone tell me what the controversy with Batgirl is?  I am just bone weary tired. I don’t have my investigator hat on today. Thanks. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Can anyone tell me what the controversy with Batgirl is?  I am just bone weary tired. I don’t have my investigator hat on today. Thanks. 
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-batgirl-movie-cancelled-shelved-controversy-hbo-max/

....meh.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • As I understand it, Warner Bros merged with Discovery and the new CEO is looking to cut costs. The movie, apparently, doesn't meet their expectations and it would cost a lot to distribute and market it. Instead, they get a tax write-off for a failed business venture. It's a unique situation--everyone involved in the production must be in shock.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited August 2022
    Thanks guys. This is disingenuous, isn’t it? Calculating. Very unethical imo.  All those hard working creatives thrown under a big ol’ gotham city bus. 

The real  villains aren’t penguin or joker or riddler etc… it’s this CEO. 

Somebody needs to design a movie poster depicting that. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Can You Name Every One of these Characters From The CEO Take this Quiz to  Find Out
    We need something a little more sinister🤣
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The first time I went SCUBA diving, about 30 years ago, it was a so-called "resort dive." I had no training, just jumped off the back of a boat with a dive instructor and went down about 20 feet. This was on the Great Coral Reef in Australia. I had a very hard time controlling my breathing and tended to hyperventilate, which made it difficult to descend. After a while, I figured it out and had an interesting experience (including "petting" a nurse shark).

My wife and I got certified and went on a number of dive trips -- it's an amazing sensation, the closest thing to flying I've ever experienced.

That said, watching THIRTEEN LIVES, the new Ron Howard movie (streaming on Prime), my main reaction was claustrophobia. Diving in the open ocean is one thing--going through teeny tiny little caverns for hours -- I can't even begin to imagine what that's like.

It's an excellent movie (if you can get past the claustrophobia!) -- and I can't even imagine how difficult filming it must have been. All that murky underwater stuff, plus monsoon rains. We really enjoyed it.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Finally! The Ipcress File with Michael Caine. Britbox. 

Good but very arty with camera shots. They keep you a little off balance throughout with those camera angles and it works for this spy thriller.  

Very strategic filming. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Harry Brown — another Michael Caine

Freevee I think. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Black Widow

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings

i really enjoy all these Marvel movies. I find things clever and witty buried in each one. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Zulu — Michael Caine — Roku
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Black Widow

Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings

i really enjoy all these Marvel movies. I find things clever and witty buried in each one. 
    ...Widow was a good'un....haven't seen the Rings yet....it's on my list....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Italian Job — Michael Caine — Pluto TV. 

Another one i had been searching for to watch. 

Great little movie. Very 60s.  The getaway car scenes at the end, inventive!

and that ending! All i’m going to say. I know it’s an old film, who cares about spoilers now?  

I’m glad I didn’t know the ending. 😄
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • You should check out Funeral in Berlin, another Harry Palmer story. I used it for research when I was writing "The Honey Trap."
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • You should check out Funeral in Berlin, another Harry Palmer story. I used it for research when I was writing "The Honey Trap."
    I’ll search for it. I’m watching The Jigsaw Man right now with Michael, Sir Olivier and Susan George. 

and wanting Gambit with Shirley MacLaine and Michael . 
    I can rent Gambit but holding out for a free view. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I've watched Grease. Again. I think of it as a sort of tribute to Olivia Newton-John. But to be honest i love that movie. The crazy, odd choreography in it is great. And of course the two stars really shine in this one. Travolta and Newton-John are both great and have great chemistry with one another. Both still in their 20,s here.......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • Kurben said:
    I've watched Grease. Again. I think of it as a sort of tribute to Olivia Newton-John. But to be honest i love that movie. The crazy, odd choreography in it is great. And of course the two stars really shine in this one. Travolta and Newton-John are both great and have great chemistry with one another. Both still in their 20,s here.......
    Aww... wonderful.  I listened to the soundtrack again last night too.
    I have the movie here and watched it a few months ago, it's brilliant and I'll always love this movie. 
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroGNTLGNTcat
  • ....found it quite cool, that in the scene where Olivia emerges as "leather Sandy", the reaction from John and the rest was authentic....they hadn't seen her until then....
    KurbenHedda GablercatNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

For the bazillionth time. The performances are brilliant. 
    catNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Prey. A Predator type being comes to the Comanche lands in 1719. A young Comanche woman tries to convince her tribe members that there is something unknown out there. Needless to say she has to through quite a lot. Not one i will go back to but it worked for the moment.
    catFlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Prey. A Predator type being comes to the Comanche lands in 1719. A young Comanche woman tries to convince her tribe members that there is something unknown out there. Needless to say she has to through quite a lot. Not one i will go back to but it worked for the moment.
    We also watched it last week. Hubby and Ty loved it. Me, I thought it was ok but I fell asleep so didn't see it all. I'm not really a Predator fan though, myself. It seems to be getting rave reviews but I guess you have to be a fan of the franchise. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • cat said:
    Kurben said:
    Watched Prey. A Predator type being comes to the Comanche lands in 1719. A young Comanche woman tries to convince her tribe members that there is something unknown out there. Needless to say she has to through quite a lot. Not one i will go back to but it worked for the moment.
    We also watched it last week. Hubby and Ty loved it. Me, I thought it was ok but I fell asleep so didn't see it all. I'm not really a Predator fan though, myself. It seems to be getting rave reviews but I guess you have to be a fan of the franchise. 
    The best about it is the photo. The plains and their beauty are shown to their advantage. The story is middle of the road, not great, not bad but works well enough. Predator is like most franchises i think.... The first movie is the best. 
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler