Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• This looks interesting

Looks great. Another one I’ll have to be patient for. No movie theaters for me. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I, Tonya. 

This was actually pretty good. I had zero interest in it, but had a friend insist I watch it. I enjoyed it. 

It is amazing how different Margot Robbie can look. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....(spoken like Homer Simpson).....oooooo, Margot......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I, Tonya. 

This was actually pretty good. I had zero interest in it, but had a friend insist I watch it. I enjoyed it. 

I don't know the actress that played the mother - but she was great.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Allison Janney, right? She's incredible. She was on The West Wing back in the day, and has a more recent series called Mom, but she's been in a ton of other things.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Yes. Apparently she won a lot of awards including Oscar for Best Supporting Actor as the mom. She was a terrifying “mom.” 

Terrific actress. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2022
    Has anyone watched The Eyes of Tammy Faye? Thoughts? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Dr. Phibes Rises Again. 

I love these Phibe movies. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I, Tonya. 

I feel like I've seen this... it's not new out is it? I feel like I've seen it on TV.? Is it about the ice skater?4 I might be completely wrong. 😬
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • The Lost City with Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. Cute and fun, adventure and sweet romcom. Brad Pitt plays someone named Jack Trainer which I took to be a Jack Reacher type copycat. Kind of reminiscent of the Romancing the Stone movies. Fun movie. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I, Tonya. 

I feel like I've seen this... it's not new out is it? I feel like I've seen it on TV.? Is it about the ice skater?4 I might be completely wrong. 😬
    It is ice skating but don’t think it’s been on regular tv yet.  Or maybe it has. 🤣
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • cat said:
    The Lost City with Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum. Cute and fun, adventure and sweet romcom. Brad Pitt plays someone named Jack Trainer which I took to be a Jack Reacher type copycat. Kind of reminiscent of the Romancing the Stone movies. Fun movie. 
    We liked it, too. Brad Pitt's storyline had an unexpected outcome!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Started rewatching California Suite, it's a good dramady. Still holds up well , good performances. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Started rewatching California Suite, it's a good dramady. Still holds up well , good performances. 

I love this movie. Because?????  

Michael Caine was in it. 

Goofy, sweet, poignant. Saw it in theaters so sentimental for that alone . 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Tonight I'm feeling nostalgic, sentimental so I watched Seven Pounds. I haven't watched it in a while. It still remains one of my favourite movies, the music throughout still speaks to me.
    I had forgotten about the Will Smith incident and of course it came to me at the beginning of the movie, I thought for a moment it would be ruined. I soon fell into the story and he became "Ben", thank goodness.  I didn't want something I loved to be lost.

I don't expect this movie to necessarily resonate with others, but it always has for me and I've watched it a multitude of times. 

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited May 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    Tonight I'm feeling nostalgic, sentimental so I watched Seven Pounds. I haven't watched it in a while. It still remains one of my favourite movies, the music throughout still speaks to me.
    I had forgotten about the Will Smith incident and of course it came to me at the beginning of the movie, I thought for a moment it would be ruined. I soon fell into the story and he became "Ben", thank goodness.  I didn't want something I loved to be lost.

I don't expect this movie to necessarily resonate with others, but it always has for me and I've watched it a multitude of times. 

This movie and this Will have nothing to do with his personal life. 

I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor. He is a friggin smarmy bastard in real life.  But I refuse to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Movies are not made in a vacuum.

Many many many skilled craftsman and hard working set people toiled hard to bring a creative piece to existence. I will not punish them. I will still watch and enjoy the effort. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Crooked House. Built on one of my favorite Christie books. Neither Poirot nor Marple makes an appearance just like in the book. Thats all good But....  Why do they change things that there are no point in changing? It irritates me. I can understand that changes sometimes has to be made to fit a book to the movie medium but this is just unnecessary. The basic plot isn't changed which is good because if there was one thing Christie knew to do better than the rest it was plots but the two main characters relationship is very different. As for acting the woman playing Edith De Havilland stood out, aunt of the female main character, stood out. Very good which isn't really strange since Glenn Close played the part. Made in 2017.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched an alien invasion movie that was really ok. Much better than that spielberg disaster that was The War Of The Worlds. This is called The 5th Wave. It has Chloe Grace Moretz in the main part with supporting cast including Liev Schreiber and Maria Bello. Based on some book i never heard of. Probably an YA book considering many of the leads are young. But it worked. Told well. Not a great movie that will never be forgotten but it was worth watching.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Tonight I'm feeling nostalgic, sentimental so I watched Seven Pounds. I haven't watched it in a while. It still remains one of my favourite movies, the music throughout still speaks to me.

This movie and this Will have nothing to do with his personal life. 

I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor. He is a friggin smarmy bastard in real life.  But I refuse to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Movies are not made in a vacuum.

Many many many skilled craftsman and hard working set people toiled hard to bring a creative piece to existence. I will not punish them. I will still watch and enjoy the effort. 
    Yes I understand and have a similar philosophy with individuals and their on/off screen selves. I'd just wondered if because it was still so fresh, it might change the feeling of the movie on a deeper level than my conscious mind, which is where I think most of my decision making happens with things like this.
    But it didn't, and if something is going to put me off a thing forever, it'd probably be from somewhere deeper. 
    KurbenGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    Watched an alien invasion movie that was really ok. Much better than that spielberg disaster that was The War Of The Worlds. This is called The 5th Wave. It has Chloe Grace Moretz in the main part with supporting cast including Liev Schreiber and Maria Bello. Based on some book i never heard of. Probably an YA book considering many of the leads are young. But it worked. Told well. Not a great movie that will never be forgotten but it was worth watching.
    The 5th Wave Collection by Rick Yancey
    KurbenFlakeNoir
  • Watched Infinite Storm. Movie about a rescuer named Pam Bales who saves a mans life on the summit of mount Washington in the middle of a storm. Based on a true story. Naomi Watts in the lead. Basically Watts struggling against the elements (A snowstorm in the high mountains nothing to kid about) and a very badly eqipped man. 90+ minutes of that feels a bit long. The message is basically dont go on long hikes in difficult terrain if you are not equipped to do so. Makes sense but i know that before. An OK i guess movie. Watts is good though.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2022
    I listened to an interview Tarantino gave Bret easton ellis (american Psycho, less than zero etc…) 

tarantino is a freak in his personal life i think, but he is very smart. He knows movies. Interesting in every interview I’ve listened to. Engaging. Informative. I love most of his films.  It changes from time to time, but right now, I think Hateful Eight is my favorite. 

Anyway, he talked about an old movie that i now want to see. Charley Varrick.  Starring Walter Matthau — not a comedy

. Has anyone seen this? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • I listened to an interview Tarantino gave Bret easton ellis (american Psycho, less than zero etc…) 

tarantino is a freak in his personal life i think, but he is very smart. He knows movies. Interesting in every interview I’ve listened to. Engaging. Informative. I love most of his films.  It changes from time to time, but right now, I think Hateful Eight is my favorite. 

Anyway, he talked about an old movie that i now want to see. Charley Varrick.  Starring Walter Matthau — not a comedy

. Has anyone seen this? 
    Great movie from the early 70,s by the great Don Siegel. Made a lot of great action/adventure/thriller movies that starred among others Eastwood (Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz, Two Mules For Sister Sara, Coogans Bluff) Bronson (Telefon) Wayne (The Shootist), Lee Marvin (Hell is for Heroes, The Killers) and also the sci fi classic Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956) which has been remade many times but i still like his best. I think Charley Varrick is his only cooperation with Matthau but it is a good one.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro