Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Last night I re-watched The Life of Brian. I just wanted something light and funny, this is perfect for that. 

This evening my grown-up kid and I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, the Tarantino film, it was really enjoyable.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Last night I re-watched The Life of Brian. I just wanted something light and funny, this is perfect for that. 

This evening my grown-up kid and I watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, the Tarantino film, it was really enjoyable.
    Really enjoyed this one Flakes, definitely my favourite scene in the movie...

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Last night I re-watched The Life of Brian. I just wanted something light and funny, this is perfect for that. 

Really enjoyed this one Flakes, definitely my favourite scene in the movie...

Absolutely, loved this bit! 
    (and the wife is a very typical NZ'er 😁)
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • The Batman
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The Batman
    Any good??
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Kurben said:
    The Batman
    Any good??
    ...it makes you believe that vampires can really turn into bats..... :D
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerKurben
  • edited May 2022
    Kurben said:
    The Batman
    Any good??
    Well. It was just okay. In all aspects.RP was a broody emo Batman that didn’t have many lines and I’m sure the action was stunt doubles. 

I got done and realized he really didn’t have to do much or say much except stand there and give everyone a look. Which he did the look quite well. He made some righteous bucks for a sideways stare. 

The cat did more acting, looked fantastic in her suit, but again, not much there. 

Everybody was seriously lackluster.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Maybe I should put this in documentaries. 🤔

My eldest kid is staying and has a subscription to Disney + so today we watched Hamilton.  I loved it. We had subtitles on and thank goodness because my brain in its current state cannot keep up with life at normal speed.
    This was a fantastic story and show, I was mesmerised. The King was hilarious, disgusting and despicable, he was perfect. 
    I loved Burr's harmonising, there were a few stand-out voices for me.
    There is so much more to say but I've reached my limit for now.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • edited May 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    Maybe I should put this in documentaries. 🤔

My eldest kid is staying and has a subscription to Disney + so today we watched Hamilton.  I loved it. We had subtitles on and thank goodness because my brain in its current state cannot keep up with life at normal speed.
    This was a fantastic story and show, I was mesmerised. The King was hilarious, disgusting and despicable, he was perfect. 
    I flippin loved Hamilton and drooly King George is fantastic. My favorite crazy.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited May 2022
    FlakeNoir said:
    Maybe I should put this in documentaries. 🤔

I flippin loved Hamilton and drooly King George is fantastic. My favorite crazy.  
    Wasn't it incredible? I really need to see it a few more times because I do think I missed some of the visuals just by reading subtitles, there was so much going on. I mean I really needed them for the first time through, but now want to also experience the movement fully.

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  •  The version we saw didn't have the voiceover, as recommended by the expert. It was good.
    Have you seen 2049?
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • No -- I'm just finding my way into the Bladerunner universe. I don't think my wife was very impressed with it, so I'll have to wait for some time when I can see it alone.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched Hamilton. Very well staged, very well sung and acted. But some of the songs where not really in my taste at all but i can certainly see why this musical has been such a success story.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • @BevVincent

you threw  me with The Electrical…. Movie. You said Netflix and I went to check it out — Paramount. 😄
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Always good for cheering me up...

Laurel & Hardy - A Chump At Oxford 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • No -- I'm just finding my way into the Bladerunner universe. I don't think my wife was very impressed with it, so I'll have to wait for some time when I can see it alone.
    She wouldn't like 2049 either then.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • Watched Firestarter.

This started off well but for some reason they decided to completely change the whole dynamic of movie.
    The whole relationship between Charlie and Rainbird is gone, there is no build up of the friendship and subsequent betrayal. The relationship is only briefly insinuated at the end of the movie.

The performances are ok but this is inferior to the original in every way. 

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • ....and that's damning with faint praise, because the original wasn't that great....just another reason to quit remaking things.....the cash cow can only produce so much green milk before it's udderly depleted.....
    Hedda GablerKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • And a 😜
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2022
    Agreed, the original Firestarter isn't a classic but it's still way better than what's on offer here...
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Agreed, the original Firestarter isn't a classic but it's still way better than what's on offer here...
    ....haven't watched it yet bro, and wasn't slamming on you-just grumbling and kvetching over the Remake Express......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    ....haven't watched it yet bro, and wasn't slamming on you-just grumbling and kvetching over the Remake Express......
    I know buddy, I agree with you 100%.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • This looks interesting

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir