Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Kurben said:
    I listened to an interview Tarantino gave Bret easton ellis (american Psycho, less than zero etc…) 

tarantino is a freak in his personal life i think, but he is very smart. He knows movies. Interesting in every interview I’ve listened to. Engaging. Informative. I love most of his films.  It changes from time to time, but right now, I think Hateful Eight is my favorite. 

Anyway, he talked about an old movie that i now want to see. Charley Varrick.  Starring Walter Matthau — not a comedy

. Has anyone seen this? 
    Great movie from the early 70,s by the great Don Siegel. Made a lot of great action/adventure/thriller movies that starred among others Eastwood (Dirty Harry, Escape from Alcatraz, Two Mules For Sister Sara, Coogans Bluff) Bronson (Telefon) Wayne (The Shootist), Lee Marvin (Hell is for Heroes, The Killers) and also the sci fi classic Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (1956) which has been remade many times but i still like his best. I think Charley Varrick is his only cooperation with Matthau but it is a good one.
    When they talked about it, they didn’t give spoilers but the storyline sounded very twisty. 

I can’t find it free. Hmm didn’t check Criterion. …
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Unlocked (2017) with Noomi Rapace in the lead supported by Orlando Bloom, Toni Collette, Michael Douglas and John Malkovich. Never heard of before but it was quite good. An action/thriller movie well worth watching. Excellent cast. A twisty plot that keeps you hooked and well acted. A pleasant surprise.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • We saw DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA last night -- enjoyed it immensely.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • ...that looks mighty interestin'.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I'm watching Buried in Barstow (Lifetime) in 30 minute chunks each morning. It stars by and was created by Angie Harmon. I've always liked her work, especially Rizzoli and Isles. She's hard as nails in this one.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • We watched the last Craig Bond movie, No Time to Die -- overall, very good. It could have done with more Ana de Armas -- she was terrific. Reminded me of the quote attributed to Ginger Rogers, that she did everything Fred Astaire did except moving backwards and in heels.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurbenNeesy
  • ...she, at least visually, makes a tremendous Marilyn in the new biopic....
    BevVincentHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirKurben
  • Is Ana going to be in the new Knives Out? 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • We watched the last Craig Bond movie, No Time to Die -- overall, very good. It could have done with more Ana de Armas -- she was terrific. Reminded me of the quote attributed to Ginger Rogers, that she did everything Fred Astaire did except moving backwards and in heels.

Did you go to theater to see this or is it free on a service? 
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben
  • It's free on Amazon Prime.
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Managed to re-watch A Shot In The Dark over a few days, my favourite of the Pink Panther series,  Peter Sellers is absolutely superb in this one, never fails to get me laughing...

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • This looks like fun

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I watched a french film on Criterion Channel titled Delicatessen. 

A little Charlie Chaplin, Harold lloyd, monty python — i enjoyed it. 

“This bizarre surrealistic black comedy takes place in a small fictitious post-apocalyptic town where food is scarce and butcher Clapet has the macabre business of using human flesh to feed his customers. Yet when his daughter falls in love with his next slaughter victim things turn into chaos.”
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • ...Soylent Green: The Musical....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Have Raging Bull in my Criterion queue. After watching Martin Scorcese’s Masterclass, I am more than interested in the film. I have never seen it. 
    not_nadineNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • edited July 2022
    Watching John Carpenter’s Vampires.  Not sure I’ve seen this. 

Even though James Woods is a fucking nut bag, I still enjoy his performances. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • We watched Everything Everywhere All at Once last night -- it's manic and frenzied, fascinating and clever, imaginative and inventive. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....with being COVID couch taters, I've caught up on a bunch of the Marvel Universe films and also caught a Netflix original with Ryan Reynolds, called 6 Underground.....action/thriller with not much new, except creative ways to kill and maim...even so, it was a good way to bust boredom....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched Jurassic World Dominion I thought it was a bit slow to get going but once it did it was ok. Nice to see the original trio again, Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited July 2022
    George C. Scott — The Changeling. 

This is a movie that in almost every interview with any person in the field of spooky I’ve ever heard cites it as a classic influence in their own work. 

I’m not sure if I have seen this. I’ve definitely watched iconic clips but not the whole thing.

First 5 minutes of the movie, out in the mtns, snowy roads, Bumfuck, Egypt territory — and there is a pay phone ?  We’re not talking some forrest service phone attached to a tree— a pay phone booth. Wth. 

Verisimilitude much? Or lack thereof. 

i have travelled back and forth across the US by car so many times I’ve lost count, east to west, north to south and i never ever saw a random phone  booth off the side of the road in a miles from nowhere mountain  pass. 

Have any of you? If so, I stand corrected . 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • These are all movies props, yes? No? If no,  I am pretty surprised because I don’t ever remember us driving miles from anywhere and a lone phone booth was just there. I do think I saw a random emergency phone on a pole to contact  forrest service, but a pay phone booth? 

I’ll ask my sister. She was in the same car on these trips. Maybe she remembers them. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben