Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• edited July 2022
    The Changeling —Great movie though. I was worried they were headed into drive someone crazy territory but it was truly haunting . 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • No, these are the real thing. The first one is on a reservation.

There are some great ones of British phone booths in the middle of nowhere.
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • These are all movies props, yes? No? If no,  I am pretty surprised because I don’t ever remember us driving miles from anywhere and a lone phone booth was just there. I do think I saw a random emergency phone on a pole to contact  forrest service, but a pay phone booth? 

I’ll ask my sister. She was in the same car on these trips. Maybe she remembers them. 
    My sister doesn’t remember them either.  She actually laughed and thought i was joking.  I assured her that phone booths in the middle of nowhere apparently had their day. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • Now I’m watching When A Stranger Calls with Carol Kane, Charles Durning. 

I saw this when it first came out. Terrifying. I forgot how quickly we get into the story.  And carol has to carry this whole hour and thirty-seven minutes. 

These kids end up dead, don’t they? Not a spoiler because i honestly don’t remember. 

Two questions though? 

1. Why doesn’t she f**king check the children?

and 

2. Does she get paid for her time?
  • Wait a minute — the initial story is done. 

What the hell is the rest of this movie?  I have totally forgotten this. Gone. 
  • edited July 2022
    Okay  — we are moving to the rest of this movie after that initial  babysitter disaster. 

I have to watch stuff with subtitles. 

We’re in a bar scene. Lady sitting on stool, nursing her drink. Lots of background hum, it’s all garbled noise to me. I walk to kitchen so miss an important detail that would have helped. 

I come back into room to see a Man walk up to her and light her cigarette. Makes some small talk. As he sits, the subtitles read, “balls clacking.”
    okay man, your balls clacking is a real problem.
    i didn’t hear the clacking, but I appreciated the honesty. 

Zoom out, pool table. Totally ruined the ball clacking scene. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaroMarshaNeesy
  • We saw DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA last night -- enjoyed it immensely.
    I’ve just started this.  I like the two storylines. 

I wish they’d bring back Sarah o’brien. She was wickedly nasty. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We saw DOWNTON ABBEY: A NEW ERA last night -- enjoyed it immensely.
    I’ve just started this.  I like the two storylines. 

I wish they’d bring back Sarah o’brien. She was wickedly nasty. 
    Wait. What is happening here?

Is Cora dying?  And hubby is a bastard from the frenchman?  What a tangled web. 

GNTLGNT
  • Patience...all will be revealed.
    GNTLGNT
  • Patience...all will be revealed.
    Maybe she’s pregnant. I’ll get it finished up tonight. 

GNTLGNT
  • Downton Abby— New Era. 

Well, i was expecting what happened ultimately. Wasn’t expecting how choked up i got. Cried like the baby I am. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Raging Bull.
    after watching Marty’s Masterclass, I continued my education with this movie that I had not seen before. Criterion Channel. 

I found it to be mildly interesting. 

But— I watched it again with commentary from Marty and his go-to film editor, Thelma Schoonmaker, and it was so much better. Just really fascinating to listen to them talk about these scenes.  The very thoughtful and strategic way each and every attention to detail was. Very personal. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Has anyone here watched any of these Keanu Reeves John Wick movies? Thoughts?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Has anyone here watched any of these Keanu Reeves John Wick movies? Thoughts?
    ...yes, and I loved em!....action packed, uber-violent.....and it's Keanu....nuff said....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....outstanding!!!!.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Gray Man on Netflix is entertaining -- Ryan Gosling and Ana de Armas, with Billy Bob Thornton. Lots of explosions and chases and gunfights.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....intriguing use of a couple of hours.....

Amazoncom Countdown 2019 STX DVD  Anne Winters Elizabeth Lail  Peter Facinelli Tichina Arnold Talitha Bateman Tom Segura Jordan  Calloway Charlie McDermott Jeannie Mai Austin Zajur PJ Byrne Justin  Dec Anne Winters
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Re-watched a couple of SK adaptations, 

Dolores Claiborne. 

A woman is accused of murdering her employer, the lead detective on the case is determined to prove her guilt as he believes she has previously murdered her husband and gotten away with it. 

While it's not up there with Shawshank or Stand By Me this holds up pretty well, good performances from an excellent cast, definitely worth a look.

Sleepwalkers. 

A mother and son are shape shifting vampires who feed off the life-force of virgins, they move to a new town and select their next victim . 

Based on a screenplay written by SK this is reasonably enjoyable if a little weak in it's storyline. Performances are ok and the makeup effects are decent.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...we live about an hour from here and have been frequent visitors-so thought this might be a fun watch.....wrong......it's Blair Witch in a Buggy......

Amish Witches The True Story of Holmes County TV Movie 2016 - IMDb
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I watched The 7 Faces of Dr. Lao. Again. I’ve seen this so many times. 

One of my favorite westerns. And while some will criticize it in today’s world, it is charming. And the message is important. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Jurassic World; Dominion.

The original trio from the first movie return to foil an attempt by a genetics corporation to use a swarm of extinct giant locusts to control the world's food supply...

Didn't enjoy this one, it just came across as trite and contrived, I've enjoyed all the Jurassic movies up to this one but I just couldn't warm to Dominion at all.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben