Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• We watched tick, tick... BOOM! on Netflix last night. Very emotional -- great musical performances.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroSundropFlakeNoir
  • This looks like fun!

Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyMarshaFlakeNoir
  • Wow - I am so far behind on this thread - I left off at page 36 of 46
    Lots of catching up to do

GNTLGNTMarshaNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Watched Rambo 3. Not exactly the greatest movie nor is Stallone the greatest actor and it is a pretty silly story but theres plenty of action. And a rather funny thing.....  And the end of the movie when the end credits are rolling up comes the sign "This movie is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan". Wonder if an american movie would have the same dedication today?
    https://www.indy100.com/showbiz/rambo-iii-afghanistan-mujahideen-taliban-b1904082

I clicked on your link only to come across another link to:

"This Morning hosts speechless after seeing 'world's largest penis' "- um - what? :o

KurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:
    Watched Rambo 3. Not exactly the greatest movie nor is Stallone the greatest actor and it is a pretty silly story but theres plenty of action. And a rather funny thing.....  And the end of the movie when the end credits are rolling up comes the sign "This movie is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan". Wonder if an american movie would have the same dedication today?
    https://www.indy100.com/showbiz/rambo-iii-afghanistan-mujahideen-taliban-b1904082

"This Morning hosts speechless after seeing 'world's largest penis' "- um - what? :o

Yikes!
    NeesyGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Kurben said:

Yikes!

Don't worry - I resisted the urge to look lol

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • ....yeah, but the guy that is attached to it is a real prick.....
    KurbenHedda GablerNeesyMarshaNotaro
  • Finally watched THE POWER OF THE DOG. I'm not sure I liked it as well as a lot of people seem to. 
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroFlakeNoir
  • I just listened to , Mick Garris (i think it was him) say he wasn’t a big fan of Cumberbunch after watching that movie. 
    NeesyGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited February 2022
    If anyone goes to see Cyrano, please let know how it is. It looks good to me. I love Peter. 
    MarshaGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • Watched a movie recently called "The 'Burbs" with Tom Hanks, Carrie Fisher, Bruce Dern etc. (plus Henry Gibson and Corey Feldman) - I found it entertaining but Andy thought it was 'utter crap'

Maybe it's one of those movie where you need to watch it with others - Andy stayed up then Josh had to go to bed, as he had work the next day.

After about half an hour I decided to turn it too, then watched the whole movie again the next day.

KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarshaNotaroFlakeNoir
  • We watched Free Guy on HBO Max last night -- it stars Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer (from Killing Eve) -- it's hilarious and feel-good and exhilarating. Highly recommended.
    GNTLGNTMarshaHedda GablerNeesyNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • edited March 2022
    @BevVincent

Drive my Car on HBOMax now. One i am also interested in. 
    GNTLGNTMarshaNeesyNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • Yes, I've been waiting for this one for quite a while. Based on a Haruki Murakami short story. We've been reading Murakami lately.
    KurbenGNTLGNTMarshaHedda GablerNeesyNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • edited March 2022
    Yes, I've been waiting for this one for quite a while. Based on a Haruki Murakami short story. We've been reading Murakami lately.
    It’s good. I love the lead guy. He is cute. And good performance. 

And it was 3 hours long!  My attention span sucks, but it was fascinating. The scenery of the country was beautiful stuff. Nice job from director of photography. 

My son loves Murakami so he’s always wanting me to read his stuff.
    NeesyGNTLGNTMarshaFlakeNoircat
  • We watched Drive My Car last night. Interesting movie. A lot more Chekhov than I expected. The young girl who becomes his driver is interesting. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesyNotaroMarshaFlakeNoircat
  • We enjoyed Free Guy last weekend and The Adam Project last night, both starring Ryan Reynolds
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNT
  • We enjoyed Free Guy last weekend and The Adam Project last night, both starring Ryan Reynolds
    Both were great fun, although my daughter was in tears at the end of The Adam Project 🤔
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • We also very much enjoyed Free Guy. Haven't watched The Adam Project yet, but hopefully this next week sometime. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Watched Dien Bien Phu, a french war drama about the battle where Viet Minh won the the Indochine war in 1954. Donald Pleasence plays an american journalist. Though it is faithful to actual events it is just soso. Though better than that 1917 that came a few years back that i did not like at all.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • edited March 2022
    FRESH — mimi cave director -  hulu

This is a terrific take on a genre horror movie. Slick, nice looking. Perfect actors.  

It is gory so heads up — but there was a really interesting story here. Just well thought out visuals.  I loved the look of the whole thing. Shots framed out in creative ways. Good use of music.   Humor. The ending is ironic and I chuckled. 

Mick Garris discusses it on his podcast. Well done Mimi. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotarocat
  • ...I enjoyed The Adam Project as well.....nice to see Deadpool, Gamora and The Hulk all together....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • ...also watched Last Man Down....thrilling no, realistic and gritty-hell no, entertaining-maybe a smidge....

Amazoncom Last Man Down  Daniel Stisen Olga Kent Daniel Nehme  Stanislav Yanevski Madeleine Vall Natassia Malthe Fansu Njie Movies  TV
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat
  • We watched Licorice Pizza last night. The title is a little obscure, but it's a good coming-of-age movie. I'm not familiar with the band Haim, but the lead actress is part of that group and her real family played her character's movie in the film. The lead actor is Philip Seymour Hoffman's son.
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoircat