Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Nightmare Alley
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTcatSundrop
  • ....it was OK, but I tire of movies filmed in the dark to "heighten the mood"....bullshit!....you just don't want to show the creature....

The Ritual 2017 - IMDb
    KurbenHedda GablercatNotaroFlakeNoirSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....it was OK, but I tire of movies filmed in the dark to "heighten the mood"....bullshit!....you just don't want to show the creature....

The Ritual 2017 - IMDb
    I loved this one Scott, I thought it was a really original creature design. The book it's based on had a whole black metal sub plot which was wisely ditched.
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTSundrop
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....it was OK, but I tire of movies filmed in the dark to "heighten the mood"....bullshit!....you just don't want to show the creature....

The Ritual 2017 - IMDb
    I'm okay with not seeing the creature.  Especially if he or she or they like to carry knives. And other sharp implements. 

😁 ❤
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTSundrop
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:

The Ritual 2017 - IMDb
    I loved this one Scott, I thought it was a really original creature design. The book it's based on had a whole black metal sub plot which was wisely ditched.
    It was a good movie but i liked the book too. The best i read by Adam Nevill at least (although i admit i only read two books by him....)
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerSundrop
  • ....I have no beef with the creature design, it was indeed good.....just not fascinated by the overall cinematography or plotting.....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirSundrop
  • ...now, having said that-the creature/special effects in the movie below were damn fine-and I was surprisingly drawn into the storyline....
    Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark DVD 2019 - Best Buy

Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaSundrop
  • Hello friends! @Notaro healing vibes to you! 

Last night I watched A Long Way Down on Prime. It's a BBC film - Toni Collette, Pierce Brosnan, Aaron Paul, Sam Neil, and Imogene Poots (forgive me a giggle).  I really enjoyed it.  5 stars from me.

Tonight the Ogre and I are going to watch Nightmare Alley on HBOMAX.  Guillermo del Toro, with Toni Collette (I love her!), Bradley Cooper (swoon!). I hope it delivers. All these folks usually do.

This morning I ran across A Chorus Line on Pluto - which started me making an 80s dance movie list.   Maybe tomorrow I can spend the day in bed watching them.  All That Jazz, Stayin' Alive, Fame, Flashdance, Dirty Dancin', what else?  I'm trying to not Google - working on my memory skills.

I also started watching and keep falling asleep to Making the Messiah. It's an interesting and scholarly trip thru 1st century Palestine, Judaism, and how the bible was written.  Things are not always as they seem, true enough.  
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropNeesy
  • Hello friends! @Notaro healing vibes to you! 

Last night I watched A Long Way Down on Prime. It's a BBC film - Toni Collette, Pierce Brosnan, Aaron Paul, Sam Neil, and Imogene Poots (forgive me a giggle).  I really enjoyed it.  5 stars from me.

Tonight the Ogre and I are going to watch Nightmare Alley on HBOMAX.  Guillermo del Toro, with Toni Collette (I love her!), Bradley Cooper (swoon!). I hope it delivers. All these folks usually do.

This morning I ran across A Chorus Line on Pluto - which started me making an 80s dance movie list.   Maybe tomorrow I can spend the day in bed watching them.  All That Jazz, Stayin' Alive, Fame, Flashdance, Dirty Dancin', what else?  I'm trying to not Google - working on my memory skills.

I also started watching and keep falling asleep to Making the Messiah. It's an interesting and scholarly trip thru 1st century Palestine, Judaism, and how the bible was written.  Things are not always as they seem, true enough.  
    ....Footloose and White Nights......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Imogene Poots
    Imogen Poots Boyfriend Dating and Affair....lovely lady.....disastrous name....clunky first and body function last ..... 

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightlyNeesy
  • ....this flick was trippy, and an ultimate waste of my time.....I guess because when I tune in for a movie, I'm there for escapism(no pun intended)....not to think hard......

NO ESCAPE ROOM  Premiering Oct 6th  Everlasting Hauntings  Everything  Horror Podcast  Official Website
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirSundropHollyGolightly
  • We watched Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch last night. An odd piece of avant-garde filmmaking.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirHollyGolightly
  • The Devil Below  Review  Monster Horror Movie  Heaven of Horror....why do I keep doing this to myself???.....watched this turd last night....another copycat of the "be quiet and they won't hear you" concept....again, the creatures(which you never even get a good look at because they used a 40 watt bulb for set lighting)sound and look like the bastard child of Predator and a lamprey....this one pulled out all the tropes, and by the time the credits mercifully appeared-I was ready to cut my trope.....why keep watching it you ask?....I had become intrigued at how much worse it could get....
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirSundropHollyGolightly
  • ...watched two yesterday....

Demonic 2015 - Moria....meh....so, so with a decent little twist.....

....this one was great, at least for me.....even though Ryan Reynolds and The Rock are sort of one-note characters, I love em and Gal Gadot?.....well, "stunning" would be the word......

Red Notice 2021 - IMDb
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroSundropKurbenHollyGolightlyMarshaNeesy
  • Nightmare Alley on HBOMax. That didn't go the way I thought it was going to at all. A fine noir thriller.
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerHollyGolightlyMarshaNeesy
  • ....watched 3 yesterday....
    Amazoncom The Cave Widescreen Edition  Cole Hauser Morris Chestnut  Eddie Cibrian Rick Ravanello Marcel Iures Lena Headey Piper Perabo  Bruce Hunt Andrew Mason Michael Ohoven Gary Lucchesi Tom Rosenberg  Lakeshore Entertainment.....decent enough creature feature....
    RIM OF THE WORLD Review 39A Fun Emotional Sci-Fi Summer Adventure39 -  SUPERMAN ON FILM...I thoroughly enjoyed this.....

....and saved a classic for last.....had never watched this straight thru.....

Stand by Me 4K Ultra HD Blu-rayBlu-ray 1986 - Best Buy

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroHollyGolightlyMarshaNeesy
  • edited February 2022
    @ Scott... I've seen 1 and 3... totally agree.

But.. what is with you people? 😁 (Scott/ Hedda) these movies are two SK (motherf'king) classics! How have they passed you by all these years? 😳
    This one is another example of one of the few that holds up beautifully to his written story. Gorgeous.  Once again a cast that did a fantastic job.
    NotaroHollyGolightlyGNTLGNTKurbenMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • Nightmare Ally - definitely twisty.  I appreciated the journey and the fine actors.  I forgot how excellent del Toro is at confusing me.  I still don't understand No Country for Old Men. 

I'm adding Rim of the World and The French Dispatch to my watchlists - looking forward to them. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    @ Scott... I've seen 1 and 3... totally agree.

But.. what is with you people? 😁 (Scott/ Hedda) these movies are two SK (motherf'king) classics! How have they passed you by all these years? 😳
    This one is another example of one of the few that holds up beautifully to his written story. Gorgeous.  Once again a cast that did a fantastic job.
    ...I know they are Flakes....my reluctance to watch many of the adaptations, is I'm afraid of them sullying what my imagination and his prose have combined to provide for me these many, many years....
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    Checked about 5 months ago, I'm ok,  honestly,  I appreciate the concerns❤

I'm just stressed out a lot in work,  I'll be fine. I get migraine, and when they hit hard I usually need to lay down in a dark room, but as that isn't available in work I have to take excedrin and wait till I get home to lay down.
    Hope the migraines are calming down. ❤️
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Checked about 5 months ago, I'm ok,  honestly,  I appreciate the concerns❤

I'm just stressed out a lot in work,  I'll be fine. I get migraine, and when they hit hard I usually need to lay down in a dark room, but as that isn't available in work I have to take excedrin and wait till I get home to lay down.
    Hope the migraines are calming down. ❤️
    No sadly not Hedda, still a daily occurrence🤯😥, thanks for the thought🌹
    KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I’m sorry. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I’m sorry. 
    Thank you Hedda, I guess I'll just have to endure them.🙂🌹
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben