Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Watched, The Trip.

A married couple travel to their remote cottage for a weekend break, they have each decided to kill their partner, unfortunately a trio of murderous escaped convicts may just kill them both instead. 

Really enjoyed this, lots of laughs and OTT violence and gore,

Watched, The Ape

A man wakes in his bathroom with bloodstains on his hands and clothes, he cleans up and sets about his day trying to suppress the memories of what has happened.

This is a slow tough one to watch, great performance from the lead actor as a man slowly losing control on reality. 

(Swedish trailer) 

Watched The Wasteland.

A mother and her young son must battle to save themselves from a malevolent entity in the harsh wilderness of their home. 

This had plenty of atmosphere and a nice creepy vibe but it was a bit of a let down at the end. 

(English dubbed trailer) 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarsha
  • What is it with these movies like the one about Fakebook? There was one one about Steve Jobs and now we get blessed with an Uber movie? I know there are others.  What’s next? 

The Sweet Smell of Scentsy?
    Pinterest This!?
    The Dark Days of Spanx? 

Seriously. These movies seem about as interesting as me eating a naked cracker. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenMarsha
  • What is it with these movies like the one about Fakebook? There was one one about Steve Jobs and now we get blessed with an Uber movie? I know there are others.  What’s next? 

The Sweet Smell of Scentsy?
    Pinterest This!?
    The Dark Days of Spanx? 

Seriously. These movies seem about as interesting as me eating a naked cracker. 
    The Joy of Home Interior?
    Avon Me Baby?
    The Longest Day of Longaberger?
    Door Dash Confidential?

Hedda GablerMarsha
  • Rope - criterion

an Alfred Hitchcock movie I had not seen. 

GNTLGNTMarshaNotaro
  • edited January 2022
    I am currently reading The Boys by Ron and Clint Howard.   Very interesting so far, not yet halfway. The boys go back and forth with remembrances. 

Why I’m in the movie thread, Clint writes about being in the movie, The Red Pony.  Have any of you seen this? I have not because, huge spoiler, it’s about a pony, duh, and that pony dies. 

Now, this story is in a section of their book talking about actors crying, emoting real feelings. 

Apparently buzzards are on his pony when Clint finds it dead. He is then instructed to grab a buzzard and beat it against a rock until it is dead.  A REAL buzzard. Alive. Not a prop. Not an already dead bird.  They forced a child to take a real bird and bash it dead. For the reals and feels. And he does it. 

WTF.  It just reminded me of #metoo. You WILL do this or you will find you don’t work. I don’t think they said that to Clint, but I’m sure the fear of being replaced with a kid who will kill was there.  Clint and Ron’s dad was very good with the boys, very protective, but even he didn’t find beating a buzzard to death over-the-top. 

No wonder many of these child actors are so messed up. By who they work with and for and the pressure from abusive parents or guardians to bring home the dosh. 

Crap, Wil Wheaton is an adult and is still suffering from trauma. It’s brutal to listen to him. I just want him happy and healed. 

The abuse to children and animals, women in Hollywood is just sickening. And it still happens, although I think children and animals are better protected now.   I hope. 
    KurbenMarshaGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We watched The Tragedy of Macbeth (Apple TV+) starring Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand, with Brendan Gleeson (from Mr. Mercedes) and Stephen Root. I'd never read the play and only had a glimmer of an understanding of what it was about. Macbeth got what he deserved, in my opinion! Worth checking out -- directed by Joel Coen in a noir style.
    NotaroGNTLGNTMarshaHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • It is a good play but it is typical of Shakespeare to take a basically good scottish king, (MacBeth ca 1005-1057 became king in 1040), and turn him into a murderpus usurper and evil schemer. In reality he ruled well, imposed good laws, encouraged christianity and even visited Rome to honor the pope. But that wouldn't be as good a story of course. Same thing with Hamlet, the origin to him is a danish prince named Amleth according to the not very trustworthy danish historian Saxo Grammaticus writing in 1200 AD. But all the elements are there, the prince playing insane to get revenge, killing the advisor by mistake and in the end killing his uncle.
    BevVincentNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaNeesy
  • edited January 2022
    Started one of the suicide squad movies. The one that introduces John Cena so we can watch the new series that dropped.  I have not seen the other ones I don’t think. 

But I’m feeling a bit traumatized.  Full frontal penis. In a super hero movie. I was just not expecting it. Spotting a D in a superhero movie is like Mary Poppins flashing the jubbies for a spoonful of sugar and toppins. Gobsmacked.  

Of course, the two characters i decide to root for die immediately. That’s always ever so much fun.  About 50 minutes in, will finish today. 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTcat
  • ...now I want to see Mary's jubbies..... :(
    Hedda Gabler
  • We watched Hotel Transylvania: Transformania the other night. I just love these movies. I did not know until the end that Adam Sandler did not play Drac in this one. The guy who did play him was good, there were a few spots where I thought he sounded different, but not enough to look it up. Then I watched the credits. 

Apparently he has not commented on why but he does have a big contract now with Netflix which (I'm guessing) made Sony (who made the Transylvania movies) angry. Sounds like there was a dispute. Seems petty. But I still love the movies. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerMarshaFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Tried to watch Infinite, it certainly looked fun, lots of action, but I had a thumper of a headache so couldn't really focus on what was going on.

Two groups of immortal souls constantly battle , one wants to end their own immortality and destroy the earth in the process while the other wants everything to continue as it is, oh and there's a magic egg or something involved too🤔...if you watch it let me know what it was about....

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • ...seriously?.....it has a magic egg......what else do you need to sucker you right into it???....
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoircat
  • Hope your headache is better nb. 
    NotaroKurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcat
  • Hope your headache is better nb. 
    Thanks Hedda, seem to be getting a lot of them lately, thank god for excedrin. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Tried to watch Infinite, it certainly looked fun, lots of action, but I had a thumper of a headache so couldn't really focus on what was going on.

Two groups of immortal souls constantly battle , one wants to end their own immortality and destroy the earth in the process while the other wants everything to continue as it is, oh and there's a magic egg or something involved too🤔...if you watch it let me know what it was about....

Sorry you had another bad one... and how dare they mess with movie time?
    KurbenNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gablercat
  • Notaro said:
    Hope your headache is better nb. 
    ...*nurse radar pings*....how's your blood pressure?......
    FlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    It's high Scott, I'm on meds for that too.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • ....hmmmmm-so many factors at play here.....I'll help however I can bro....
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:
    It's high Scott, I'm on meds for that too.
    When did you last get it checked?
    *concerned citizen radar pings*

GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....hmmmmm-so many factors at play here.....I'll help however I can bro....
    Are there certain foods that might help him lower it? 

You're going to regret mentioning this here Irish, you know we're gonna micromanage every damned aspect of your life now in order to keep your blood pressure steady.

Wait... this may be counterproductive?🤔
    Stay calm Irish... STAY CALM I SAID! ☺💚
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerKurbencatNeesy
  • Checked about 5 months ago, I'm ok,  honestly,  I appreciate the concerns❤

I'm just stressed out a lot in work,  I'll be fine. I get migraine, and when they hit hard I usually need to lay down in a dark room, but as that isn't available in work I have to take excedrin and wait till I get home to lay down.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencatNeesy
  • Notaro said:
    Checked about 5 months ago, I'm ok,  honestly,  I appreciate the concerns❤

I'm just stressed out a lot in work,  I'll be fine. I get migraine, and when they hit hard I usually need to lay down in a dark room, but as that isn't available in work I have to take excedrin and wait till I get home to lay down.
    Things can change in 5 months... 🥺

I'm sorry work is being a pain in the ass, tell them they don't want to mess with the Kiwi, but they will have to if they don't lay off with the stress. 
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbencat
  • ...next question was going to be about stressors.....I don't get the headaches as much from work, mine comes as a big old ball of gut aggravation....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerKurbencatNeesy
  • Notaro said:

When i get migraines there is not a chance in hell i could work. Hell, i couldn't even think, much less work. The smaller ones take a few hours to pass but the real nasty ones last a day. Do you know what causes your migraines? Might be a way of keeping them away. Be healthy, Irish!
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Notaro said:

When i get migraines there is not a chance in hell i could work. Hell, i couldn't even think, much less work. The smaller ones take a few hours to pass but the real nasty ones last a day. Do you know what causes your migraines? Might be a way of keeping them away. Be healthy, Irish!
    I've had to leave work a couple of time because of them, I think it's stress that causes them for me, such is life, I'll just roll with it. Thanks for the well wishes Kurben.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbencatNeesy