Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• FlakeNoir said:
    Why did no one tell me Bordertown: Mural Murders was new on Netflix????

Kari is back!!!!
    I didn't know either -- thanks for mentioning it. I thought it was pretty good, although I wasn't fond of the way Kari came up with the name of the Judge.
    I can't for the life of me remember how he came up with the name. At this point I'm fearing the permanent loss of my grey matter.😔
    I need to watch this again.  
    Don’t feel bad, i scratched my head too.  I was thinking the person was judging everyone, deciding who died. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2021
    FlakeNoir said:

Kari is back!!!!
    I didn't know either -- thanks for mentioning it. I thought it was pretty good, although I wasn't fond of the way Kari came up with the name of the Judge.
    I can't for the life of me remember how he came up with the name. At this point I'm fearing the permanent loss of my grey matter.😔
    He realized all of a sudden that he'd seen the same person at all the crime scenes and he closed his eyes and concentrated really hard and read it off his memory of the guy's ID from when he'd gone through security at the lecture.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited December 2021
    Also, who didn't know that
    the guy they let out of prison was going to escape on the way back to prison?

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Also, who didn't know that
    the guy they let out of prison was going to escape on the way back to prison?

Even I saw that one coming. [said the blind girl]
    GNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

Kari is back!!!!
    Don’t feel bad, i scratched my head too.  I was thinking the person was judging everyone, deciding who died. 
    Oh whew! That was my thought too.😁
    GNTLGNT
  • edited December 2021
    BevVincent said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Kari is back!!!!
    He realized all of a sudden that he'd seen the same person at all the crime scenes and he closed his eyes and concentrated really hard and read it off his memory of the guy's ID from when he'd gone through security at the lecture.

Ohhh, you meant his actual name. I thought you meant how he called him “the judge.”

well, kari always took those mental photographs throughout the series, so i accepted that. 

Spoiler ahead:

Of course we all knew massalo was going to get away, but to take out the whole team? Either dead or injured — wasn’t there like 8 guys with him?  I’m tired of bad guys being super de duper humans.  No. They aren’t.  

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay, for some reason , that would not spoiler for me. I am sorry.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:

Kari is back!!!!
    Does he have any Finnish connection of any kind?? Kari is a very common name in Finland. Doesn't know a thing about the series and movie since havent seen it.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It is a Finnish series.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  •  Thanks Bev. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Kari is back!!!!
    Does he have any Finnish connection of any kind?? Kari is a very common name in Finland. Doesn't know a thing about the series and movie since havent seen it.
    You should watch it, it's fantastic, all of the characters have stayed with me, I love this show.
    (Well obviously the Judge didn't stay with me 🙄but he doesn't count😁)
    Hedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Rewatched, At The Earth's Core.
    A scientist and his assistant travel to the earth's core and discover another civilization with prehistoric beasts and telepathic flying reptiles. 

Haven't seen this since I saw it in the cinema 45 years ago when I was a kid. Doug McClure and Peter Cushing battle rubber monsters and try to save the scantily clad princess. Cheesy and not terribly good but I was that 11 year old kid watching it again.

Watched, Encounter.

An army veteran believes his sons are in danger when he comes to believe an extraterrestrial parasitic organism is infecting people, he kidnaps his sons and goes on the run.

This is really good, the trailer makes it look like a horror movie but it's much more than that. Terrific performances from adults and kids alike.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • but I was that 11 year old kid watching it again.

....that's real magic isn't it?.....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    but I was that 11 year old kid watching it again.

....that's real magic isn't it?.....
    So true Scott, so true. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, At The Earth's Core.
    A scientist and his assistant travel to the earth's core and discover another civilization with prehistoric beasts and telepathic flying reptiles. 

Haven't seen this since I saw it in the cinema 45 years ago when I was a kid. Doug McClure and Peter Cushing battle rubber monsters and try to save the scantily clad princess. Cheesy and not terribly good but I was that 11 year old kid watching it again.

Watched, Encounter.

An army veteran believes his sons are in danger when he comes to believe an extraterrestrial parasitic organism is infecting people, he kidnaps his sons and goes on the run.

This is really good, the trailer makes it look like a horror movie but it's much more than that. Terrific performances from adults and kids alike.

I loved At The Earth’s Core. My school had movies on Saturdays for a dime. This was one of them. Fond memories of all those movies. 
    KurbenNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • We watched 8-Bit Christmas on HBO Max. It was kind of a retread of A Christmas Story, in how the movie revolves around the kid wanting a Nintendo SOOOO BAD. But, it was cute and fun, lots of 80s nostalgia. And it had a super sweet ending that had me fighting back tears. It was a cute little Christmas movie. 

Neil Patrick Harris plays the kid, grown up, telling the story to his daughter. Steve Zahn plays the dad, and I love him. Always the right amount of kooky. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Always the right amount of kooky.......maybe he can send me the recipe, cuz it seems like the lid of the container always falls off and dumps the entire contents into the bowl when I'm trying to whip up a batch....
    KurbenNotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Went to see Belfast on Sunday. This was the first time I'd been in a movie theater since 2019. Assigned seating and masks required so felt (mostly) comfortable even with all the news about Omicron. Really enjoyed the movie and there were only a few times when I could have used subtitles because of the accent. It did have me tearing up in a few places knowing this only scratched the surface of what those living through the Troubles must have experienced. Jude Hill was amazing. I just had a facepalm moment because I was looking at the cast list and did not recognize during the entire time I was watching the movie that it was Judi Dench who played the grandmother. Duh
    FlakeNoirNotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablercatKurbenGazman
  • I thought Caitríona Balfe was terrific as the mother. We watched it at home--I can't see myself in a theater until things settle down again.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoirKurbenMarshaLou_Sytsma
  • ....read yesterday that Omicron is now responsible for at least 73% of the newest cases...so far, bullet fast-but not as severe....maybe when we run out of the Greek Alphabet, the plague will cease..... :/
    Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....read yesterday that Omicron is now responsible for at least 73% of the newest cases...so far, bullet fast-but not as severe....maybe when we run out of the Greek Alphabet, the plague will cease..... :/
    It is still as deadly for those unvaxxed.  And a triple dog dare if you’ve already been infected and unvaxxed. 

There’s a couple ways out of this —

GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....read yesterday that Omicron is now responsible for at least 73% of the newest cases...so far, bullet fast-but not as severe....maybe when we run out of the Greek Alphabet, the plague will cease..... :/
    It is still as deadly for those unvaxxed.  And a triple dog dare if you’ve already been infected and unvaxxed. 

...no argument, I was speaking in generalities....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

...no argument, I was speaking in generalities....
    No. None at all. Just wanting to remind people not to let their guard down. 
    ❤️
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    We just start on the Norse alphabet!!
    NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy