Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Come back to the five and dime, jimmy dead, jimmy dean. 

Watched this a few times.  Good story, good ensemble cast. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited November 2021
    Watched Army Of Thieves.

A prequel to this year's zombie offering Army Of The Dead. The difference here is that this is not a zombie movie, it's a good old fashioned heist flick, the zombie outbreak is mentioned in it on news broadcasts but that's as far as it goes. 

An amature safe cracker is recruited by a small group of Thieves to break into three legendary safes scattered across the world, the monetary gain is not the objective for him however it is the challenge of cracking open the holy grails of the safe world. 

I enjoyed this, it has plenty of humour and the performances are good. A third movie called Planet Of The Dead is greenlit so the character of Dieter looks set to return. 

FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • .....but, but, but.....no zombies?..... :(
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerKurben
  • Notaro said:
    Watched Army Of Thieves.

A prequel to this year's zombie offering Army Of The Dead. The difference here is that this is not a zombie movie, it's a good old fashioned heist flick, the zombie outbreak is mentioned in it on news broadcasts but that's as far as it goes. 

An amature safe cracker is recruited by a small group of Thieves to break into three legendary safes scattered across the world, the monetary gain is not the objective for him however it is the challenge of cracking open the holy grails of the safe world. 

I enjoyed this, it has plenty of humour and the performances are good. A third movie called Planet Of The Dead is greenlit so the character of Dieter looks set to return. 

Dieter irritated me!! in Army of the dead.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Watched Rambo 3. Not exactly the greatest movie nor is Stallone the greatest actor and it is a pretty silly story but theres plenty of action. And a rather funny thing.....  And the end of the movie when the end credits are rolling up comes the sign "This movie is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan". Wonder if an american movie would have the same dedication today?
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Notaro said:
    Watched Army Of Thieves.

Dieter irritated me!! in Army of the dead.
    ....as he was meant to....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Rambo 3. Not exactly the greatest movie nor is Stallone the greatest actor and it is a pretty silly story but theres plenty of action. And a rather funny thing.....  And the end of the movie when the end credits are rolling up comes the sign "This movie is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan". Wonder if an american movie would have the same dedication today?
    https://www.indy100.com/showbiz/rambo-iii-afghanistan-mujahideen-taliban-b1904082
    NotaroHedda Gabler
  • Watched Dune. the 2021 version. Impressive visuals throughout but a bit too long. And its obviously the first of two or three movies based on the same book. This stops about halfway in the book. That is a concept thats tricky. It worked in IT because there there is two timelines woven together which made it easy to separate them and make one movie about each timeline that had its beginning and end. Here it is a chronological tale with no real ending which makes the ending a bit so-so.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2021
    We watched FINCH (Apple TV+) with Tom Hanks. I call it Castaway meets Short Circuit meets The Road with a dog and some Don McLean music. A light post-apocalyptic story. We enjoyed it.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • In the cinema now, going to watch Spencer.... my daughter's idea....

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHollyGolightly
  • Notaro said:
    In the cinema now, going to watch Spencer.... my daughter's idea....

What  a gorgeous theater.  My next life. My next life i’m traveling and finding these beautiful surprises 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHollyGolightlyLou_Sytsma
  • Beautiful building.. and what a lovely dad.
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • We watched FINCH (Apple TV+) with Tom Hanks. I call it Castaway meets Short Circuit meets The Road with a dog and some Don McLean music. A light post-apocalyptic story. We enjoyed it.
    Oh bugs! We've just dropped Apple+ in favour of Amazon Prime to get the Dexters.  :/

GNTLGNTNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • Notaro said:
    In the cinema now, going to watch Spencer.... my daughter's idea....

....nice Irish!....looks very much like the State Theatre here in Cambridge.....been here for a minute....now serves as the Scottish Rite Auditorium....

Original State Theater  Cambridge ohio Places to go Ohio
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I looks like our local one too.  Ours has 2-seater couches and armchairs and you can take a restaurant meal and drinks in with you. It's lovely.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • We watched FINCH (Apple TV+) with Tom Hanks. I call it Castaway meets Short Circuit meets The Road with a dog and some Don McLean music. A light post-apocalyptic story. We enjoyed it.
    ....he just did an interview with Jimmy Kimmel a couple of days ago about how much fun making FINCH was.....
    FlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited November 2021
    Watched Night Teeth on Netflix. OK vampire movie - has a great soundtrack.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched Horizon Line on Netflix. No, this was not my thing at all, Shallow characters, contrived plot and questionable acting. The movie gave the makers of it a good excuse to to go to the tropics and have some fun but any serious thought they left on the beach.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....this was a trippy visual flick....but I love me some Benedict Cumberbatch....

Marvel Studios39 Doctor Strange  Full Movie  Movies Anywhere
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Rewatched, The Mechanic.

A hit an takes on an apprentice to pass on his knowledge and wisdom in the art of murder, but the apprentice has his own agenda...

Definitely one of my favourite Charles Bronson movies, the man oozed cool from every pore.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • I loved Doctor Strange - love Benedict muchly.  Also the Bronson, and the Brosnans.

I recently watched:
    Loved it

Hedda GablerNotaroKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Watched The Highway Men with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson in the leads as the two men ex texas rangers that hunted down Bonnie and Clyde. Very focused on them. Nearly nothing on Bonnie and Clyde. This would have made a much better movie if they had found a better balance between our heroes and their prey. After all Bonnie and Clyde is the foundation of the story, yet we hardly see them until they are shot dead. Still the best movie about Bonnie and Clyde is the one with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty. So watchable but not much more. And, of course nowadays, too darn long!!
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirHollyGolightly