Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• We watched Licorice Pizza last night. The title is a little obscure, but it's a good coming-of-age movie. I'm not familiar with the band Haim, but the lead actress is part of that group and her real family played her character's movie in the film. The lead actor is Philip Seymour Hoffman's son.
    Service?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • It was on our OnDemand service (AT&T) but it's also available on iTunes.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Watched Hall.

A virus spreads through the third floor of a hotel, the occupants of the rooms succumb while a mother and her daughter try to escape from her abusive husband.

This started off well, had an interesting initial story but it ultimately ran out of steam and despite only having a run time of 80 minutes it managed to feel much much longer....

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoircat
  • Nightmare Alley

very good. I knew where it was headed but it was still chilling when it got there.
    FlakeNoirNotarocatGNTLGNTKurben
  • I didn't think it was going to go as dark as it did, but I liked it all the same
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • We watched the latest Scream the other night. It was fun seeing the 3 main, original "survivors" again (Scott kept saying they got old and I kept saying so are we now. 😄) but other than that, it was pretty meh. There was at least one very creative kill scene that made me go EWWW! But not really super great. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • I thought the new Scream was awful, at one point one of the characters in the movie said something along the lines of  "this is not some bullshit, cash in, run of the mill sequel "....which I thought was pretty ironic🤔
    GNTLGNTcatKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • No Exit. 

Not bad. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2022
    If any of you see the Ipcress File out in the wild, let me know please . 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • This comes on Netflix this weekend. I missed it when it first came out.

GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • edited March 2022
    This comes on Netflix this weekend. I missed it when it first came out.

I am all over this!  I absolutely adore Michael Caine. He is the most brilliant craftsman and NOBODY better tell  me he is a huge dick in real life. Don’t breathe one Awful story that will hurt me to the core. 
    I won’t believe you. I may gut you like a fish if you do.  He’s my boo. Ride or die. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarshaKurben
  • And that was a terrific ensemble cast. I honestly wish writers and directors would create more for our really skilled older actors. I would much rather see them because they know how to act, they know the art of it.   
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Exactly scott.  Then you’re on your own. That’s about when I turn into a speed bump. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Exactly scott.  Then you’re on your own. That’s about when I turn into a speed bump. 
    I know I know but this was too funny It would kill my little car  Funny  street signs Funny road signs Funny signs
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • @BevVincent

Thoughts on King of Thieves?  Haven’t watched yet, I got sidetracked. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • We liked it. Michael Caine is always Michael Caine -- and the rest of the gang was great, too. I love capers.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTMarsha
  • We watched the latest Scream too. Rented it on Amazon Prime - my wife is a big fan of these type of movies. Me not so much - though the third Nightmare On Elm Street: Dream Warriors is one I am fond of.  But like @cat said this installment was meh. These movies give horror a bad name IMHO.
    Hedda GablerMarshaGNTLGNT
  • I hope CODA will be released somewhere other than Apple.  I really want to see this.

GNTLGNT
  • I want to see Belfast so I hope that gets a wider release on streaming soon.

Seeing scenes to the new West Side Story, it actually looked better to me than that original.  Might give it a go.  

Have access to Power of the Dog but it's just not calling my name.

Might give Don't Look Up a try.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited March 2022
    I want to see Belfast so I hope that gets a wider release on streaming soon.

Seeing scenes to the new West Side Story, it actually looked better to me than that original.  Might give it a go.  

Have access to Power of the Dog but it's just not calling my name.

Might give Don't Look Up a try.  
    I still really want to see Belfast too.

Don't Look Up was good. I'll probably watch Power of the Dog at some point. 
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited March 2022
    Death on the Nile is now playing on Hulu and HBO Max.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited March 2022
    Death on the Nile is now playing on Hulu and HBO Max.
    No spoilers. 

I enjoyed this effort.  There are things about the 1978 version that I felt was better.  There were things about this new one I believe were superior. 

I think people’s thoughts on which one is better will come down to personal taste. I liked them both.  My favorite boils down to sentimentality, but the new one is beautiful. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirKurben