Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I Netflixed and vampired last night...watched Day Shift and Blood Red Sky....the first had Jamie Foxx and Snoop Dogg, so there's that....the latter, was overweight by at least 45 minutes and way to murky for it's own good....
    Of the two I prefered Blood Red Sky, but I agree Scott it could had done with a trim 🙂
    ....I think the premise was solid, but it suffered from being assembled like a toddler building an advanced Lego set....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • Apparently rock Hudson made a horror movie — Seconds. I think its on youtube and checking it out. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Apparently rock Hudson made a horror movie — Seconds. I think its on youtube and checking it out. 
    Wait, wasn't Rock Hudson known for his many lil sumthin', sumthin's? So if it's a horror... and he's called it "Seconds"... ya see where I'm going here... ? 😳😃
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • I recently watched John Carpenter's: The Thing. First time viewing for me. Aside from the dog mutilation... I loved it. Great story highlighting perfectly just how fragile the human psyche is under pressure and threat from forces outside and within. The special effects were incredible, absolute artistry. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda GablerNotaro
  • Really great movie. Probably Kurt Russells finest hour
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....it also lives on in action figure glory......

The Thing  NECA Reveals Dog Creature Action Figure
    Lou_SytsmaHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2023
    Yeah Carpenter's - The Thing - is in my all-time top 10. Love everything about it - especially the score.

The original version is good too.
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2023
    Yes, I absolutely loved that final scene. Kurt is such a badass.   I heard rumors they were going to do a new movie continuing from that moment. 

Not sure what to think about that. Or if i really want to know. 

Somebody should write a stage play focused on that final scene, a Waiting For Godot sort of thing. 

Waiting For Godarrrrghhhgggff!

and scene. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2023
    Yes, I absolutely loved that final scene. Kurt is such a badass.   I heard rumors they were going to do a new movie continuing from that moment. 

Somebody should write a stage play focused on that final scene, a Waiting For Godot sort of thing. 

and scene. 
    They did a prequel in 2011 with the same name. It was quite good, not the masterpiece that the carpenter movie but then not many movies are. Worth seeing. And the book is quite good too (Who Goes There  by John W. Campbell and the 50,s movie based on the story is worth seeing too (The Thing From Another World)
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Kurben said:

and scene. 
    They did a prequel in 2011 with the same name. It was quite good, not the masterpiece that the carpenter movie but then not many movies are. Worth seeing. And the book is quite good too (Who Goes There  by John W. Campbell and the 50,s movie based on the story is worth seeing too (The Thing From Another World)
    Thanks for the info. 
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I recently watched John Carpenter's: The Thing. First time viewing for me. Aside from the dog mutilation... I loved it. Great story highlighting perfectly just how fragile the human psyche is under pressure and threat from forces outside and within. The special effects were incredible, absolute artistry. 
    Excellent Flakes, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, it's a superb movie, it bombed when it was rekeased but thankfully it's found its audience over the years and is now rightly hailed as a classic.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I watched it again today! 😃 It's the kind of film that you'll find lots of little missed gems on subsequent viewings. I absolutely adore the music in this. (classic Morricone)
    I'd just heard about the prequel tonight, too and will watch it at the first opportunity. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • ...started watching the 1941 classic Sgt. York with Gary Cooper at my wife's grandmas and we finished it up at home.....what a great film!.....well acted and scripted......
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3. The weakest entry though Rocket's backstory was very powerful.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 3. The weakest entry though Rocket's backstory was very powerful.
    ...I was afraid this might be a clinker, 'cept for that rascally raccoon.....
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
    Yep agree, I thought it was pretty dull exceot for Rocket's backstory, that had my daughter in tears.
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched Watchmen (the movie from 2009, not the TV-series) and i think that as far as superhero movies go it is rather good. Patrick Wilson, Malin Åkerman and Jackie Earl Haley in the biggest parts. Too long for its own good as almost all superhero movies but still good. And then it never hurts to have songs by Bob Dylan, Simon & Garfunkel and Leonard Cohen in the score. I have seen it before when it arrived but it holds up fine. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaro
  • ...caught 65 on Netflix last night...not what I had hoped for....boring actually....if I can text in the middle of the viewing, it ain't keeping my attention.....needed Raquel in a fur bikini....

65 2023 - IMDb
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...caught 65 on Netflix last night...not what I had hoped for....boring actually....if I can text in the middle of the viewing, it ain't keeping my attention.....needed Raquel in a fur bikini....

65 2023 - IMDb
    Many movies do need that.....
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaNotaro
  • Rewatched, It's  A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

A man dies after a car crash, but just before he expires he tells a group of people about a stash of cash buried in a park under a giant W. The motley crew decides its finders keepers and race off to recover the loot.

Hadn't seen this in about 40 years, the old rose coloured glasses must have been on first time around, its nowhere near as funny as I thought it was, terrific cast, but very patchy scenes, some good bits here and there but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Rewatched, It's  A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

A man dies after a car crash, but just before he expires he tells a group of people about a stash of cash buried in a park under a giant W. The motley crew decides its finders keepers and race off to recover the loot.

Hadn't seen this in about 40 years, the old rose coloured glasses must have been on first time around, its nowhere near as funny as I thought it was, terrific cast, but very patchy scenes, some good bits here and there but I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

I still think its very funny. And i've seen it several times. It has another pace that more modern comedies hasn't had in a long time and since it is an ensemble cast without any real leads it is built a bit different. But ,IMO, i still find it funnier with more laughs than most mpre modern comedies. But to each his own.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....was in the mood for some dumb/light-hearted fare last night and stumbled across this one.....

Amazoncom Monster Trucks DVD  Jane Levy Danny Glover Amy Ryan Barry  Pepper Lucas Till Rob Lowe Holt McCallany Movies  TV
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Notaro said:
    Rewatched, It's  A Mad, Mad, Mad,Mad World.

I still think its very funny. And i've seen it several times. It has another pace that more modern comedies hasn't had in a long time and since it is an ensemble cast without any real leads it is built a bit different. But ,IMO, i still find it funnier with more laughs than most mpre modern comedies. But to each his own.

I thought there were some good bits, Phil Silvers was the best thing in it, I could watch him forever.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I watched Confess, Fletch, which is now free on Paramount+ since they absorbed Showtime. Hamm is really good, and there's an interesting supporting cast. Great to see Hamm and John Slattery together again a couple of times. It didn't quite hold together for me, but I'm glad I got to see it...without having to rent it!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro