Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• Watched Geronimo: An American Legend. Quite the cast with Jason Patric, Robert Ducall, Gene Hackman and Matt Damon in an early role. I really like Patrics understanding but dutiful army lieytenant and Hackmans Apache hating army scout but the star for me is Wes Studi as Geronimo. Then it doesnt hurt that its directed by Walter Hill. Still its not one of his best but that say more of the really excellent movies he has made, The Warriors, The Long Riders, Southern Comfort, 48 Hours tp name a few.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I am watching The Whale with Brendan Frasier. I had to hit pause because I really commit to someone’s creativity. And when I do that I am part of their world. Books, movies. My anxiety belongs to the creators. The older I get, the more I invest my emotions. 

Big takeaway here? Quit being enablers. If no one handed Brendan the chicken bucket… hmmm, let me think about this… think think… think think…MAYBE this person you say you care for wouldn’t be so sick. 
    Enablers are more worried about insults and anger than saving a life. He/she/they will be mad at meeeee. Boo hoo. 

If you want that food big boy, get up and get it yourself (exercise). Or if you can’t? Here’s what I’m giving you ( healthy diet, healthy portion). 

Now rage against the machine all you want, I’m going to go crochet a purse and watch Escape to the Country.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The Fablemans. I loved this movie. There was nothing earth shattering here. But I loved it. 

Everyone wants to be seen. Everyone wants someone to see something extraordinary in them.  Something amazing. 

Christ. No one ever saw anything extraordinary in me and I’m going to die and fade and that will be that. I so love these moments when people get an opportunity that they just have to be brave enough to grab onto. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I can't wait for this one

I am getting to the theater for this one. But I really have to say, i’m disappointed and irritated about something. 

Since the success Michelle Yeoh had in Everything, All of a Sudden, Here and There (or whatever that damn movie is called), that’s how she’s going to be typecast? The magical, vibrating-head Asian? 

Quick Jimmy! We need an actress that really sells the vibrating head shit! Get me Yeoh! 

Fuuuuudge.  Is there any creative out there that doesn’t have to cash in on someone’s hot-right-now, in this case, special effect? Sure, vibrating is nothing new. But Michelle Yeoh isn’t the poster child for it. 

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Transformers Rise of the Beasts - Rotten Tomatoes...we channeled our inner child and watched this last night....nothing profound, very formulaic, but we enjoyed-and after all, isn't that what it's all about?.....
    FlakeNoirNotaro
  • The Whale was so hard to watch. Brendan Frasier deserved his awards. Every one of them. 

I am pissed he wants to leave ALL his money to the kid. I wish there was some for Liz, his caretaker. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I have finally found Funeral in Berlin on Pluto for free!  Love my Michael Caine.  I had to practice my patience skilz with this one. 

And this one:

Anyone sees Charley Varrick for free out there, let me know. 
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited September 2023
    This is an old one but I don’t think it got a lot of attention???  It is really interesting and the actors did such a great job. I was so impressed with Harry Styles. And Olivia Wilde directed it which surprised me because I never gave her much thought as a serious artist. I saw it long ago, but heard a Harry song — Watermelon Sugar — which I love that song, and I thought about the movie. Don’t read about it and spoil it. Just watch it. 

Don’t Worry Darling
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ...watched Snitch with "The Rock"....nothing special, but not a colossal waste of time either....

Amazoncom Snitch DVD  Johnson Dwayne Susan Sarandon Benjamin Bratt  Barry Pepper Movies  TV
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The Fablemans. I loved this movie. There was nothing earth shattering here. But I loved it. 

Everyone wants to be seen. Everyone wants someone to see something extraordinary in them.  Something amazing. 

Christ. No one ever saw anything extraordinary in me and I’m going to die and fade and that will be that. I so love these moments when people get an opportunity that they just have to be brave enough to grab onto. 

No, fuck this. Seriously. If you think that nobody ever saw anything extraordinary in you, then you just haven't been listening. Multiple people (that I know of) have seen exceptional and extraordinary attributes in you and that's just in the 19-odd years that I've know you. Then there are all of the years that came before these.
    You have recounted many stories that have highlighted different incidents that have meant something (extraordinary) to someone. Things that they wouldn't have otherwise experienced without these encounters with you.
    If you started listening to what you're saying, while you're saying it, you might also begin to see what other people have seen.
    We are so much more than the worst parts of our lives.
    We'll all fade away, not all of us will be known for exceptional feats; groundbreaking medical or scientific advancement, humanitarian efforts, brilliant storytelling, designing and decorating lavish mansions, or unearthing truths of the historical kind. (etc, etc, etc)
    But we will all be remembered, by those who we were important to.

Sigh.
    Your comment wasn't fair. People care about you and think you exceptional, they always have, I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable to hear that.

Aw thanks. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroKurben
  • Gambit. If anyone sees the 1966 version in the wild for free, let me know. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    The Fablemans. I loved this movie. There was nothing earth shattering here. But I loved it. 

No, fuck this. Seriously. If you think that nobody ever saw anything extraordinary in you, then you just haven't been listening. Multiple people (that I know of) have seen exceptional and extraordinary attributes in you and that's just in the 19-odd years that I've know you. Then there are all of the years that came before these.
    You have recounted many stories that have highlighted different incidents that have meant something (extraordinary) to someone. Things that they wouldn't have otherwise experienced without these encounters with you.
    If you started listening to what you're saying, while you're saying it, you might also begin to see what other people have seen.
    We'll all fade away, not all of us will be known for exceptional feats; groundbreaking medical or scientific advancement, humanitarian efforts, brilliant storytelling, designing and decorating lavish mansions, or unearthing truths of the historical kind. (etc, etc, etc)

Sigh.
    Your comment wasn't fair. People care about you and think you exceptional, they always have, I'm sorry if it's uncomfortable to hear that.

....damnation that was excellent!!....
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Sigh.

....damnation that was excellent!!....
    Yep.....nailed it.😎
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • My post was removed? With not a word to me privately or publicly? I don't understand that. 🥺
    I was trying to help someone I care about see what others see.
    I'm so sorry if my words have upset people, I find that painful. 🥹
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    My post was removed? With not a word to me privately or publicly? I don't understand that. 🥺
    I didn’t take it in any bad way flakers. Not sure where it went but it shows up in quotes. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    My post was removed? With not a word to me privately or publicly? I don't understand that. 🥺
    I didn’t take it in any bad way flakers. Not sure where it went but it shows up in quotes. 
    It's okay, I shouldn't have mentioned, I'm just so glad you weren't hurt by my words, I always speak straight from the heart,  but sadly it bypasses my head sometimes. 💜
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    It's okay, I shouldn't have mentioned, I'm just so glad you weren't hurt by my words, I always speak straight from the heart,  but sadly it bypasses my head sometimes. 💜
    No. You are very thoughtful in your responses.  You always make sure people feel valued. 
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNTNotaro
  • ...and why the removal?....did it violate some unspoken policy?....sure, there were a couple of curse words, but we're all adults here.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I really don’t know, I thought possibly because it was off topic, others use the "f" word so probably not that. 
    My post about watching the Tom Hanks movie "A Man Called Otto" has also been deleted, so I'm just confused really. 🥹

• Interesting. I have thoughts. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Interesting. I have thoughts. 
    I've messaged Bev.
  • And changed my password. 🤨
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • i saw The Forever Purge. The fifth in the franchise. The first was OK but as in practically any franchise when you reach number 5 its not as good. It was 90 minutes of action, neither more nor less. Not great, not good but not a disaster either. I guess passable is an appropriate word?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaroHedda Gabler
  • Watched The Boogeyman.

A recently widowed therapist has a patient come in and tell him that his children have been killed by an entity in his house, then the therapists son starts to say he thinks there's something lurking in his closet....

Its a very loose adaptation but its still quite enjoyable, my daughter screamed several times during it, so I guess it hit the right buttons for her.

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Any idea what happened Flakes?
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler